Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2
my hubby is getting "ready" last night he was it's 6 weeks --
but i dont have my check up till next friday --- should i chance it? I told him we should wait - just because im still so swelly belly and the left side is still sore

I think my fear has something to do with it too
I would wait until the doctor gives you the thumbs up. There are internal issues that you can't see. Only the doc will be able to tell you if all is ok inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 01:10 PM

Hi Ladies,
I have a question for all of you. Does your belly still hurt to walk or at all? Also, is anyone still having pain with urination? I still am having pain at the end of the stream. Just wondering.
Thanks
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetbear4
Hi Ladies,
I have a question for all of you. Does your belly still hurt to walk or at all? Also, is anyone still having pain with urination? I still am having pain at the end of the stream. Just wondering.
Thanks
Actually I'm having issues today after wearing pantyhose yesterday. My belly was swollen last night and today it is very touchy. I've notice the last couple of days that the burning/hurting at the end of urination is gone. Not sure if it is because I've started drinking so much water or what.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM

Violetbear:
Yes to both. Saw my DR today and all is fine. When I asked her why the incisional tenderness and swelly belly her reply was that it is normal healing. My urine test was normal. Bladder still irritable when I start and stop and certainly worse in the morning.
C
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2
my hubby is getting "ready" last night he was it's 6 weeks --
but i dont have my check up till next friday --- should i chance it? I told him we should wait - just because im still so swelly belly and the left side is still sore

I think my fear has something to do with it too

dont do it if you are worried or uncomfortable. i did it the day before my 6 week check and then panicked in case the doc would yell at me! he didnt though cos everything was fine!

listen to your body - if it feels ok, then do it carefully. if not, make hubby wait!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM

Vilotetbear4,
I still have on/off sharp pain on left and right side of incision whether walking or not but especially when on my feet 1 or more hours. The pain at the end of urination is off and on; however, has not happened for the last 2-3 days. If yours continues you may need to let the doctor know; he/she may want to do a urine test to be on the safe side. I still have swelly belly.

Take care and Keep the Faith,
glover07
(ABD HYST/removed uterus, fibroids and cervix/kept ovaries - 10/16/07)
Unread 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM

Hello Sisters,
Well had my 6 week follow up today. Everything is perfect said my physician, the pain in my left side is due to strained muscle. I almost have a hernia due to picking up my son last week. But he forgave my stupid moment. And he decided to place me on hormones, Premarin 0.625mg. He saw my personality go from happy to me being real withdrawn. He asked me how long I have been dealing with the hot flashes and mood swings. I told him since last year.
HE HE HE HE he said no more suffering he felt safe that I could tolerate some hormones. He will watch the lump in my right breast every 6 months.

After a year he will decide the next step. But I don't see him until Nov of next year. So we shall see. I am so excited to finally get release, but he restricted me from lifting for another 8 weeks. DUE to the area in my abdomen is real weak and I am very close to busting the area for a hernia. So my boss has to deal with no lifting for another 8 weeks. She is already upset that I am on Jury Duty call the whole month of January. OH WELL !
I hope everyone one is doing wonderful.
God Bless you all.
Jodean
6 weeks post op TAH/ BSO
endometriosis, fibroids, von Willebrand Disease
(HEALTHY) finally....LOL
Unread 11-29-2007, 02:50 PM

Leaves,
I'm happy your visit went well and I'm glad I could help. As always, thanks for the info it really helps.

Take care and God Bless,
glover07
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:54 PM

Gals-Pleased to report that EVERYTHING went just fine with the "getting to know each other again". I'd recommend that glass or 2 of wine for those that are worried or nervous. In my case, I didn't need a thing! DH took it easy, and was very loving. No problems at all.
The other thing I wanted to comment on- as far as the recovery- I do think it helps to walk a bit. Every Day. Not a ton, not a marathon, but to help build up your strength just a bit. I still have the swelly belly by late afternoon, but definitely am seeing the light now, and feeling bursts of energy again. I am so excited to be starting on a new life.
Unread 11-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Thanks girls for all the advice i will wait to get the OK from the Dr. -

I went to dinner with my cousin tonight and sitting in my real jeans really bothered me i couldnt wait to get home -

It reinforced my decision to wait for the ok.

You are wonderful - and thank you all for sharing and being so open
It so nice to have friends to talk to that understand what your going through.

Im glad everyone seems to be coming along and we all seem to be along the same page.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register