Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Uteresless: Your post was too funny - your man sounds like a gem! I am not on HRT but thought you might check out the books by Dr. John Lee "What your doctor may not tell you about menopause". I know several women who have had great relief from bio-identical hormones. Just an idea...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 06:45 AM

UTERESLESS: So sorry to hear you're having the trouble with the hormones. I do know that it can take some time to find levels that will be just right for you. Hang in there!! (Love the story about your DH!!)

I went back to work on Tuesday. Planned to be in the office for 4 hours, was there for over 7. Got home and had to snowblow the driveway! WHEW! I tried pulling the thingy on the snowblower that starts it (do not know what its called) before I remembered the darn thing has an electric start.......anywho, pulled it about 5 times and now my side hurts! GEEZ! I was so pooped last night!

I am fortunate, work has been so understanding and patient. I put most of the pressure on myself. Am working from home today, and will go in for a few hours tomorrow again. Had to actually stand at my desk a few times, as sitting up straight for that long wasn't exactly comfortable.

I can take all the rest of the discomfort, although sometimes it does surprise me........feels like I shouldn't still have these aches and pains......but it's the fatigue and lack of energy that is driving me nuts! Geez - my body knows how busy it usually is! I feel like its betraying me.

I hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful day.......thanks for being here so I can vent and share....!!!

Love and Peace to you all.
Christine
Unread 12-05-2007, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the reply's I am on my way out the door for my nightly walk and just wanted to check up on my sisters in Hysterville. Feeling like I have more common with the ladies at the nursing center down the street than the general public. don't know what I would do without you! THANK YOU!!
36 and uteresless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
6 Week Checkup

Hi Ladies:

I just got back from my 6 week checkup. My doc says everything is okay and has even cleared me for sex. (I don't think I'm ready for that yet but it's good to know I can if I want.)

Is anyone else still feeling fatigued??
I clean my house a little, then rest a little; clean, then rest. At this rate, I don't see how I can really get things done!
I haven't been Christmas shopping yet and I'm getting stressed!!
I'm still cramping sometimes when I go bathroom (BM) but not as bad as week 3. Anyone else??

Hope everyone is recovering nicely!!

Tootles.
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:05 PM

Hello Sisters,
I hope all of you are still healing nicely. I feel really good this week (knock on wood); upon the advice of my doctor I started on the treadmill Tuesday and Wednesday and did fine for approx. 20 minutes each day then I started to have pain on the right side. I stopped and put my feet up and took some pain medicine; the pain stopped but I had some soreness afterwards, nothing severe. All in all felt pretty good. I still have off/on pain at end of urination but not too bad. I still have swelly belly but seems to be getting a little better.

I'm trying to get some Christmas decorations up but going pretty slow. My mother will be here tomorrow; I have to do her hair again. I'll take it slow and try to take as many breaks as possible; pray that all goes well and I don't have much pain.

Take care Sisters, God Bless and be careful not to overdo.

Love ya,
glover07
(ABD HYST/removed uterus, fibroids and cervix/kept ovaries - 10/16/07)
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Taking it easy today

I have some soreness after walking for long periods, some cramping still (you know the BM thing), and my fatigue is lessening as the days go by. I have noticed that I am not napping like I felt the need to last week. I was so proud of my self for not napping today and my man told me I was a "big girl" for staying up all day. Gotta love a hottie with a sense of humor! I have decided to go back on my HRT, however, I am only taking half the dose after last weeks PHSD (post hysterectomy stress disorder) reaction to a full dose (thank GOD I didn't hurt anyone . Played Clue tonight and had a good time now I am ready for my blankie and pillow! Thanks ladies and have a wonderful night!
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:55 PM
good and so-so

Hi all!
For those that are posting, glad to know you are plugging along and doing well, and for those we haven't heard from in awhile, I hope it's because you are doing SOOO awesome you just don't have time to sit at the computer!
I'm doing OK, I'd say my supermom cape is definitely back from the dry cleaners (or maybe it's just a supergirl cape!) 'Dates' with DH are getting better each time (yipee!!), and I told him last night that it's just so great not to hurt after. I know I posted this before, but I guess I just assumed it was supposed to be kindof painful/sore afterward, and that's the way it would always be. Happy and amazed to say that's not the case now! Though last night perhaps we (OK, it was probably me!) were a bit too... eager shall we say. Had some spotting after, which I haven't had for a few weeks, and very achey today. There have even been a few times today where I would say the pain was close to what it was post-op. Is this normal?
I so much want to be back to normal, everyone is asking how I feel and expecting me to be 100% now as well, and really I usually feel pretty darn good. Sometimes though I still just want to curl up and cry and have a little pity party, not sure where that's coming from. Actually, probably because I spoke to a friend who recently had a hyst, and she is out and about at 1 week, off meds by a few days post op. Kind of feel like a wimp, and I just need to get past it. Sigh.... and again.... sigh.....
On a brighter note, I haven't had any back pain since my surgery. I have had problems with my lower back for almost 20 years, and the past year it was just sore all the time. Now... it's gone! A wonderful by-product of this whole thing.
I also went today and got copies of my surgery and path reports from my D&C and lap from last year. I started thinking that maybe docs just don't tell you everything, and that was a different doc then I have now. No new startling news from those reports, except 16 months prior to hyst I had an 8 week uterus (which I guess is small) and while I did have some strange adhesions that were taken care of then, all else seemed normal. I guess things just took a turn for the worse after that.

I'm looking back and seeing this turning into a novel, and not a very good one at that.
Thanks for letting me blather on, still don't know what I'd do without you all!
Have a great night (or morning?!?)
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:53 AM

Hello everyone
This recovery is very weird isnt it. Last weekend, I drove my daughter 85 miles to see her dad and then back again. i then indulged in a bit of 'getting to know you again' with my other half. Saturday and sunday I was on the sofa exhausted and miserable. Then mon - wed i felt fantastic - like nothing had ever happened and then went shopping yesterday. i walked around the mall for half and hour with a friend and she had to take me home. i was exhausted and aching. This is starting to get to me. Feel great one minute and completely shattered the next. Am also having trouble getting comfortable in bed as well. I was sleeping beautifully ntil this week. Now i wake up feeling nauseous if I sleep on my right side, then i sleep on my left side and it feels like everything is pulling. Grrr! I also have a very heavy crampy feeling sometimes like everything is going to drop out. The doc has said I am doing brilliantly but has forbidme to go back to work until January 2nd. This makes me feel on one hand, like a fraud but on the other, i couldnt bear the idea of all the driving and sitting for long periods at work. Sorry I am moaning but I am confused by my recovery rates.

Hope you are all ok
Love from 'frustrated in england'! xx
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:45 AM

Good Morning Sisters,
I pray all is well with you. I'm feeling pretty good so far; but Java Jane & Lizzie122, I'm right there with you both. For the last few days I've been really wore out when I do things around the house or go out to run errands. Not bad sore but just really tired. This recovery does seem to go really great for a couple of days and then BAM, you seem to go a step backwards. Although, I can say my swelly belly seems to be getting better but I wish the pain at the end of urination would just go away. I head back to the doc next Thursday and back to work on Dec 17th; I'm still really nervous about that. However, it will be good to try to get back to normal day to day activities.

Java Jane & Lizzie122, don't worry about venting or going on and on, we all know how you feel. It's just great to have you sisters who truly understand and can relate to what we all are going thru. It's hard to find many people to talk to about what I'm feeling and who really do understand.

God's Speed to you and Love ya,
glover07
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:50 AM

Java Jane,
I have not had any spotting since I left the hospital and I have very little cramping. I do still have sharp pains on left and right sides and around the incision area if I over do!!!! Hang in there, continue to take it slow and try not to over do!!!!

Love ya,
glover07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register