Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 12-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

thanks glover - glad to hear i am not the only one. this site is brilliant for that, isn't it!
wrapping christmas presents now (i bought them all before the surgery so i didnt have to worry about that!) - cant even think about decorating yet!
love to everyone xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the encouragement all- once again, you guys rock!! I think if I tell someone "My ladies on Hystersisters said..." one more time, I might just get a bop in the nose!! LOL
Couldn't do this without you!
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:59 AM

Just returned form my last check up with Dr and got the "All clear" - DH is very excited - I on the other hand am very nervous because the exam was alittle sore.

Found out I still have alittle of my cervix - thought they were taking the whole thing - Dr said this is more the norm - means less stitches, no bleeding (that explained that) less adhesions and better for sex after -

I Still have a lot of swelling on the left hopefully it wont last to much long and soreness - he is allowing me 1/2 days back to work next week then back full time after that. Im dreading sitting at a desk in a straight chair allday

Glad though everyone is on the up hill side of this adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM

Hello Ladies!

Hope you are all feeling well. I feel good. Not quite 100%, but good. At this point, my only complaints are fatigue, occasional light cramping and having to still be careful. I forget. I do things I probably shouldn't. The fatigue is definitely the worst part at this point!

My week was long. Went to the office two days this week. Will probably do 3 next week. For those of you who can take the extra time, definitely do it. My back and sides hurt so much by the end of the day, from sitting up straight in my chair all day.........what is up with that? Plus I felt like I needed a nap by noon.

Sex - oh sex! I'm scared. Got my 6 week post op on Monday and I'm so scared she's going to give me the go ahead! I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but so scared it's going to hurt. Our anniversary is next weekend so that will be good timing though! DH is so looking forward to it.......maybe that's why I'm so scared -- he's starting to get this look in his eye...........

Well, we're off to go out to dinner. Two holiday parties this weekend. Way too much going on. Tis the season!!!

Take care ladies, have a wonderful weekend and keep on healing!!!!

Christine
Unread 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Hello Paininthe,
I'm glad you are doing well; but I'm right there with you. I too get very tired and just need to rest during the day and sometimes I just fall out around 7:00 p.m. I'm usually a night owl so this is really frustrating. I also still get on/off pain on left and right sides and soreness around the incision area when I over do it. I hope you have a good post op visit. Although, I've been cleared for everything except not to lift anything too heavy since Nov 26th; I'm still on STD until Dec 17th. I'm still really nervous about returning to work.

I hope you have a wonderful anniversay, mine is Dec 18th and my hubby and I are really excited; no more monthly cycles!!!!!!

Take it easy and continue to be careful not to over do it!!

God's Speed,
glover07
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie122
Hello everyone
This recovery is very weird isnt it. Last weekend, I drove my daughter 85 miles to see her dad and then back again. i then indulged in a bit of 'getting to know you again' with my other half. Saturday and sunday I was on the sofa exhausted and miserable. Then mon - wed i felt fantastic - like nothing had ever happened and then went shopping yesterday. i walked around the mall for half and hour with a friend and she had to take me home. i was exhausted and aching. This is starting to get to me. Feel great one minute and completely shattered the next. Am also having trouble getting comfortable in bed as well. I was sleeping beautifully ntil this week. Now i wake up feeling nauseous if I sleep on my right side, then i sleep on my left side and it feels like everything is pulling. Grrr! I also have a very heavy crampy feeling sometimes like everything is going to drop out. The doc has said I am doing brilliantly but has forbidme to go back to work until January 2nd. This makes me feel on one hand, like a fraud but on the other, i couldnt bear the idea of all the driving and sitting for long periods at work. Sorry I am moaning but I am confused by my recovery rates.

Hope you are all ok
Love from 'frustrated in england'! xx
I am right there with you sister. I have been back to work and some days I feel great and others I feel horrible. When will this end. I feel like a whimp. Dr said I was doing great at my six week check up!
For those ladies that have returned to work. Is anyone having trouble with that. I have been such a mess at work. Maybe the hormones. But, everything seems to bother me. I guess it's hard to return after 7 weeks off.
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:39 PM

I have to agree with all of you....I am so tired of being tired....I have a great get up and go day and then the next day I'm so pooped out.The tiredness gets me down.I cry because I want to do so much but just get tired out quickly.I don't like that feeling.I wanna be awake and rareing to go.Just not happeneing yet.Maybe it will soon.Hope you all enjoy your holidays.My best wishes go out to you all
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Hello Sisters,
Well this was my first week back to work. Started off with full days., WELLLL the first couple of days went great. THen by Wednesday I had clinic with patients all day. And I was exhausted, add a severe sinus infection, horrible cough. Quick question, DOES IT EVER GET EASY COUGHING? ha ha ha. I look hysterical with my belly pillow at my desk, when I cough or sneeze.
But my boss is understanding and really happy to have me back.
Tonight I am exhausted, I feel like I have been run over by a herd of teenagers. Hormones have been heaven "NO SEVERE HOTFLASHES".
Blood pressure not affected so that is a good sign. So now all there is to get over this cold, and cedar fever.
I continue to pray for everyone.
God Bless you all.
Jodean 7 weeks 1 day post TAH/BSO
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:20 PM

:confuse: Hi sisters, I am sorry to hear so many of you are still hurting, so am I though. I was begining to think something was wrong then got on here and read that we are about the same. I am still working the long hours and the weather has gone icky on us. Snow and cold and icky slick roads, whine whine whine. Sorry. Is anyone else having some emotional (crying episodes) issues? I am afraid I have turned into the person that can tear up at a phone company commercial. HELP!!! Let me know it's not just me please!!!! Thanks all please take it slow and put the crown back on to remind the loved ones we are still on the mend.. Pami
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamisuze
:confuse: Hi sisters, I am sorry to hear so many of you are still hurting, so am I though. I was begining to think something was wrong then got on here and read that we are about the same. I am still working the long hours and the weather has gone icky on us. Snow and cold and icky slick roads, whine whine whine. Sorry. Is anyone else having some emotional (crying episodes) issues? I am afraid I have turned into the person that can tear up at a phone company commercial. HELP!!! Let me know it's not just me please!!!! Thanks all please take it slow and put the crown back on to remind the loved ones we are still on the mend.. Pami
Pam,
I too could cry at the dumbest thing. Don't take much!!!!!!! Especially with the holiday right around the corner.
I want to say to all of the ladies here that I hope you all feel better soon and hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register