Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 12-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

I've had several days of go, go, go and do all right until I stop moving in the evening! Then, I collapse, exhausted, and nothing will get me off the couch. All, in all, I'm going well, and looking forward to the New Year with the New Me. Been back at work for several weeks- while it was rough, it is getting easier. Still have to get up and stand and walk around a bit. Cheap office chairs are NOT a blessing during recovery.
Still have the daily headaches, and the HRT patch seems to run low a bit early. Get the weepy feelings, and have not recovered my sex drive yet. Perhaps that ties in with the fatigue...I don't know. Dr said at the 6 week point that it can take several months for the hormones to try and balance, and wants me to be patient with the HRT.
You've all been a wonderful comfortable place to come visit. How many other people can you ask about enemas, BM's, and sex , and just vent about bosses and DH's and whatever else we want to? Don't you wish you could be this open with ALL your girlfriends? Bless you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Memory?????

Has anyone else noticed that your memory is totally awful now? I laid in bed yesterday morn making a list of things I wanted to get done (Sunday is my get stuff done day) and by the time I rolled out (no more than 10 minutes or so) I could only remember about 3 things, it really is frustrating. I have to bring this up, we've written about our weepy episodes have you noticed that you laugh easier too, I tend to forget that when I feel weepy but last week (Mondays are mine and Mom's day out together) I had to pull the car over to stop a giggling fit (which of course she started), she said she hadn't heard me laugh like that in years, it made her cry to realize how much I have been hurting and for how long (Thank God thats over). We are headed today to decorate head stones for Christmas, family tradition, we will drive 30 miles to the town she was born in and back home to do it here also (huge families in days gone by). Have a great day all of you my sisters and thank you so much for being here. As upgal said in her post I wish I could talk to all my friends as I do all of you... later Pami
Unread 12-10-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamisuze
Has anyone else noticed that your memory is totally awful now? I laid in bed yesterday morn making a list of things I wanted to get done (Sunday is my get stuff done day) and by the time I rolled out (no more than 10 minutes or so) I could only remember about 3 things, it really is frustrating. I have to bring this up, we've written about our weepy episodes have you noticed that you laugh easier too, I tend to forget that when I feel weepy but last week (Mondays are mine and Mom's day out together) I had to pull the car over to stop a giggling fit (which of course she started), she said she hadn't heard me laugh like that in years, it made her cry to realize how much I have been hurting and for how long (Thank God thats over). We are headed today to decorate head stones for Christmas, family tradition, we will drive 30 miles to the town she was born in and back home to do it here also (huge families in days gone by). Have a great day all of you my sisters and thank you so much for being here. As upgal said in her post I wish I could talk to all my friends as I do all of you... later Pami
Pami,
Yes, yes to the memory thing. I have had episodes that have scared me to death because I couldn't remember. I also am having trouble with my speech. I sometimes can't get the words out right or can't remember what word I want to use. It is so frustrating. Must be part of this whole thing. My DH teases me about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Hi ladies!

YES! I sometimes think I'm going nuts! I can't remember anything lately - so not like me! Have not really experienced the moodiness or sadness.......I'm actually a bit more even tempered since the surgery - doc says this is because I don't have the hormonal fluctuations anymore. Whew! I feel for you all still going through this.

Had my postop today......DH and I tried to have sex this weekend.....didn't go so well........burned a lot - not sure why - wasn't a "dryness" issue...... She wants me to wait two more weeks before trying again. Said it looks like I'm still "healing".

She said I need to be patient. In addition to the hysterectomy they removed a lot of adhesions, and a lot of endometriosis. She said it can add to the "healing time".

Got my prescription for HRT. She thinks this might help with the fatigue.....we'll see. She said I'm technically still healing so the fatigue isn't unheard of.

All in all went well. Got some questions answered so I'm not so worried. Basically everything I've experienced so far is to be expected. So that's good.

Take care all!! It's so good to know we're not alone!!!

Christine
Unread 12-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Hi sisters. So good to read all the posts and catch up on how everyone is doing! Oh, the memory thing! I had a lame short term memory before surgery, but it is worse now in terms of just being spacey or sorta slower to process! My boss has given me a couple of looks lately like she is noticing this too and thinking "you didn't tell me this was one of the possible side effects!"

I am feeling pretty good and even got to dance to a couple songs with DH this weekend. He was actually wanting to stay on the dance floor (unusual for him) and I was the one who had to say, okay, I better stop now! But it was great to be moving again and feeling good about it. I have been working longer hours and getting used to that, but I am still sleepy by dinner time! My co-worker says that lasts for 6 months... but if that is the worst of it, I'll take it! I am so greatful to be able to finally sleep on my side (though not for too long yet cause I still get sore after a while) and to bend and twist and pick up the cat again and get a hug from the kids without fearing that they touch my sore belly! We may not be 100% ourselves yet, but think how far we have come!

Yeah! Have a great week!

Lisa
Unread 12-10-2007, 10:41 PM

Christine...

You and I have dealt with many of the same issues including adhesions and endometriosis. I held out until 5 weeks before begging for HRT. Dr. said that it was time. We had hoped to wait until the six week mark.... oh well.

Do you mind sharing what HRT you'll be starting on? I'm so new at this..... still going with the ups and downs of getting adjusted....

Also.... Did your Dr have any hesitations about HRT after your endo?? What are her feelings about it? Seems everyone's Dr is different.

Hope I'm not being too nosy here. Thanks for sharing whatever you feel like.

Great to hear all of the "I'm feeling better" reports.... How encouraging.... we're finally seeing positive results!!!

Dinkum
Unread 12-11-2007, 01:58 AM

oh memory - what is that! - i was quite senile before the op - NOW, I am lucky if i call my daughter by her name and not the cat's! Oh well. Rather this than constant bleeding and pain any day. Who cares! My boss is used to me being spacey so when i go back, she will hardly notice my new vagueness! ha! hope everyone is well xxxxx
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:37 AM

Hello Sisters,
I hope all is well and happy to see that you all are feeling better each day. I'm doing really good. Minor pain at the end of urination continues and yesterday my swelly belly was sore and felt like needles sticking. My hubby and I were out on Sat. and Sun and I think I just over did it. Today I'm feeling much better.

As for the memory thing; I've noticed it as well but it seems to be getting better lately. I also have laughing spells which is great!!!! My hubby has noticed that and says, "you want to share that so we can both get a laugh." I'm not as tired these days and I think time and the vitamins I'm taking have helped. I hope those of you that are having horomone trouble get it worked out soon!!!

Leaves, how was your first day back on the job? I hope it went well.

Take care sisters, and Keep the Faith. We've come a long way!!!!! Continue to be good to yourself and thanks for being there for me. You're the best!!!!!

Love you all,
glover07
(ABD HYST/removed uterus, fibroids and cervix/kept ovaries - 10/16/07)
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:01 AM

Good morning everyone! I went back to work yesterday, a full day. Did really well. In case I was tired and needed a nap, I planned to lay down in my car on my lunch hour and use my cell phone as an alarm clock. Did not have to do that. Was alittle tired around 3:00 in the afternoon, but a diet Dr Pepper took care of that for me. A pick me up. Felt great last night and went to sleep my usual time.
I am the late nurse today 9:30-6:30 and have Wed and Thurs off so I know I can get through this today.
Here's to feeling better everyday. Thanks for all the messages. Praying for all who need it.
Love,
C
TAH, endo, 16 week uterus, left ovarian cyst, fibroids
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves
Good morning everyone! I went back to work yesterday, a full day. Did really well. In case I was tired and needed a nap, I planned to lay down in my car on my lunch hour and use my cell phone as an alarm clock. Did not have to do that. Was alittle tired around 3:00 in the afternoon, but a diet Dr Pepper took care of that for me. A pick me up. Felt great last night and went to sleep my usual time.
I am the late nurse today 9:30-6:30 and have Wed and Thurs off so I know I can get through this today.
Here's to feeling better everyday. Thanks for all the messages. Praying for all who need it.
Love,
C
TAH, endo, 16 week uterus, left ovarian cyst, fibroids
Leaves,
I'm so glad to hear that your first day went well!!!!! It truly gives me hope as I return to work on Dec 17th.

Take care and God's Speed!
glover07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register