Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 10-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2
its been 1 week 1 day - should i still be feeling tired? am i expecting too much - i had a slight fever yesterday - gone today - tried to remove the bandage to change it I have clear one over the packing - and it started to remove the under packing so i left it. -- ive been laping the house - and felling light headed - is this all normal?
the sweating is the worst

sorry venting again
Yes you should be feeling tired. I am just over my 6 weeks for healing and I still feel tired from time to time. It is very normal! It could take up to 6 months to start feeling normal again. Your body is giving you a BIG reminder that you just had major surgery and you need to rest as long as the Dr. told you to.
Just keep in mind this one phrase that helped me... "You only have one chance to heal properly." Don't try to do the housework, the dust bunnies can keep you company when you get bored. If you try to do to much it will deter your healing proccess and it will take longer.
Take care of you!!! All the others can wait and wait on you!
Your the "Princess" for 6 weeks or until the Dr. says your okay to be released from your throne.
Also sweating is normal too. You hormones are just doing some flips and somersults. Try having a fan blow on you as you sleep. I kept an ovary and I find myself having hotflashes when I am outside in 35 degree weather.
I hope this helps. Please take care and rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2007, 09:38 AM

Had a TVH 10/15 Still having some abdominal discomfort and the bleeding seems to have somewhat increased. Wondering what is normal?
Unread 10-24-2007, 09:44 AM

1508-
I did notice an increase in bleeding over the weekend (not massive, it had been tapering off and then came back a little more), but I attribute it to going to my sons last Little League game Saturday afternoon. Now it is more of the brownish blood/discharge, but the hospital told me to expect that at about 10 days or so. Made my first trip to Walmart yesterday, a friend drove and pushed the cart for me, but winded after a few hundred feet. Took almost an hour to do what I could have previously gotten done in about 25 minutes. Sigh... Someone slap me and get me out of my slump today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2007, 10:04 AM

thanks for the pep talk my DH keeps telling me the same thing - but hes at work all day and im here on the couch alone - i dont sleep at night - between the sweating and his snoring - and i cant sleep during the day -

so frustrating - i like doing for myself too...its so hard to let go - but im trying to behave.
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:52 PM

I had a TAH on Friday, all went well execpt i can't urinate on my own. I was able to go just a little right after they took the first cat out and since then nothing. I ended up having them try 3 different ones before ending up with a smaller cathater that isn't as uncomfortable as the others.
I am now on day 5 still with the cathater.
All would be fine if i could get rid of this stupid bag!!!
Anyone else out their have simular experience??
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:53 PM

One week and one day since surgery. I really feel okay today. Best day so far. My wonderful hsband who took 2 weeks off work to help at home has been great. Taken care of all the cleaning, laundry and me.
Went for a ride today, it seemed good to get out of the house. Only take my Vicodin at night before bed. Otherwise the Ibuprofen seems to work fine. I do seem to have some pain when I pee, towards the end of peeing.
Still some minimal bleeding as well. Other than that I feel good.
Hope all the rest of you ladies are doing good. Hugs to you all!!

Unread 10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Home and Doing Well

Hi Ladies,
I had a LAVH/BSO on Monday morning around 11:30 am, and came home mid-afternoon yesterday. The surgery went smoothly - the only problem I had was afterward, in the recovery room. I had to stay in the recovery room for three hours because my heart rate stayed high for a long time.
My doctor said my bladder looks good, and my pathology reports came back normal, so I am very lucky in those regards. I'm doing well at home so far - my sweet husband has been here to take care of me. I have been taking it very easy, of course, but also doing a little walking around the house every few hours.
I hope all my fellow Oct 22 princesses are doing as well as I am. I'm feeling better than I thought I would at only 2 days post-op, even though I do feel kind of like a horse kicked me in the abdomen!

Take care,
Voyager54
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Slow but sure, right?

Hate to say it, but it is reassuring to know that all you wonderful women are having an equally hard time figuring out how much is too much and sitting still enough not to overdo it! It is frustrating but talk of adhesions (I don't know what those are but they sound scary) and a new big purple bruise on my belly are enough to convince me to slow down. I walked a few laps round the cul-de-sac today. It was great to be outside, but by the time I did four laps, I felt like my guts might drop right out of me, so I came in to lay down. I try to mix up the sitting upright, semi-reclining, laying down, and standing/walking, since too much of any leads to discomfort. I still have painful gas bubbles but that sounds universal. My hubby took one of my painkillers and got a headache for 2 days! I had to chuckle and tell him that if he'd read some of these entries, he'd have known that seems to be a common side-effect! I think he learned his lesson! Stay strong!
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Hello ladies
sorry i have not replied to your messages just had my surgery on 17th of Oct. i am doing okay just the pain is a little more than i expected have been doing plenty of walking and water drinking and taking prenatal pills for my anemia i ended up getting my left ovary taken out it was attached to scar tissue and started to bleed so they took it out so far so good really appreciate all the info because before i checked this website i was really nervous about the surgery so thanks ladies
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:50 PM

today was hubbies first day back to work since surgery 10-15, I have to admit I was nervous, but also ready for some alone time, it was a great day, I'm so slow at everything it took all day to get cleaned up and eat 2 meals. I was napping from my walk when he got home, tomarrow I go see the dr. have lots of questions but alot of questions were taken care of here so that should make my visit with him shorter, am going to ask for something more for at night as am not able to get comfortable enough to sleep more than an hour or so at a time, then up again for a while. Bless you all and keep those crowns straight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register