Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 12-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Happy Holidays to all.
I sure have missed communicating with all of you. I am doing well, although, I continue with tenderness and soreness (like a bruise) in my incision area. And this week my ovaries are working and I feel a little bit of PMS (unable to handle a lot of noise - it gets on my nerves).
I sure had a great holiday with family and friends. And of course I am wishing you all a happy holiday too.
Love,
C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2007, 11:52 PM

Wishing Each And Every One Of You, My Sisters, A Wonderful And Joyous Holiday Season Free Of Any Pains And Owies!
Unread 12-26-2007, 07:43 AM

Hello All and Happy Holidays! I hope you are all doing and feeling well!

I feel so good right now! Except for the weight gain. I need to get back to the gym and get rid of these extra pounds and I think I'll feel great!!

My only issue is that I felt more "normal" before I started the HRT. I'm grumpier since I started it and have had hot flashes and awful night sweats. Have been on them about 3 weeks now and I can tell you I felt so much better BEFORE I started taking them.........no hot flashes, no night sweats, no mood swings. Not sure what I'm going to do about that..........I'm going to give it a little more time before I talk to my doctor...........anyone else experienced this?

Well, hope you all have some time to sit back and relax a little this week! Miss you all and wish you and yours all the best!

Take Good Care,
Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 08:09 AM

I have been pain free. But, the emotional rollercoaster is ridiculous. I am grumpy one minute & crying the next. I am still having night sweats. Every once in a while I will have a stabbing pain in the ovary area. But, for the most part I am feeling great. Got through the Christmas season without any swelly belly.
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:26 AM

Hi all! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!
No two ways about it, I am officially POOPED! I think I could have slept for days, and while normally Christmas is my favorite holiday, I am glad the rush is over. Now I can actually relax a bit and enjoy my family... wait, isn't that what you are SUPPOSED to be doing this time of year?!?
Anyway, I am doing OK, except still having problems with 'after-relations' bleeding. Yup, it's no longer just pinkinsh, this last time it was like a small period for over a day, little bits of "stuff" in it, and sharp pains in groin/abd area, though the pain didn't start till the next day. Called the docs office Monday, and triage nurse said to call back today to make an appointment, that it sounded like granulation. Anyone deal with that? Could this also be causing my continued discharge? I can't get in till next Wednesday, so I get to fret about it till then. Does anyone know, do you need to abstain from intimacies or anything else till they look? Just wondering...
So, other than this, I'm feeling good, just tired, but really looking forward to being back to 'me'.
Christine, sorry that the HRT is causing so many problems, hope it levels out for you!
And for those being a bit, shall we say, edgy... right there with you! Hope it gets better (as does my family!!LOL)
Unread 12-26-2007, 06:42 PM

Merry Christmas friends! I so love this site! I feel good..except here are my issues. iF you are having them too, please let me know!
1: Still having pain at end of urination.
2: feel crampy nearly all the time.
3: Swelly belly after being out of bed a couple of hours.
4: I NEED A NAP!!!

Best of everything to everyone!
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwav
Merry Christmas friends! I so love this site! I feel good..except here are my issues. iF you are having them too, please let me know!
1: Still having pain at end of urination.
2: feel crampy nearly all the time.
3: Swelly belly after being out of bed a couple of hours.
4: I NEED A NAP!!!

Best of everything to everyone!
Hello Arwav,
I'm right there with you; I still have on/off pain at end of urination and it's driving me crazy. I would think this should be gone by now, and the swelly belly still continues. Although, it seems to be getting better; I just wish it would finally go away. Other than that I feel pretty good and I felt like my old self for a little while on Christmas Day; however, that night I felt soreness and a little pain probably because I did over do it. I still have on/off sharp pains on left and right side in abdominal area now and then but it goes away quickly. I did fall asleep after work yesterday evening and slept all night and still felt a little tired this morning. I go back to the gyno for a follow up on Jan 10th and will ask about my nagging problems.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Holiday and that you are slowly getting back to normal; and for those of us who still have a few nagging problems I pray we get rid of them soon!!! I love you all and I'm glad to hear all of the progress and good reports. Continue to be kind to yourself and take it easy where possible.

God Bless and Happy New Year!!!!
glover07
(ABD HYST/removed uterus, fibroids and cervix/kept ovaries - 10/16/07)
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:22 AM

Hi Ladies-

I Wish I Could Report I Was Feeling Great But I Have Been Having These Horrible Pains For About A Week And A Half Now--around The Left Ovary Area And Lower (i Have No Ovaries). My Obgyn Could Not Figure Out Why I Hurt So Bad Since I "have Nothing Left That Should Cause Pain." So, I Went To See A Gastro Dr Yesterday And I Am Having An Endoscopy Tomorrow And X-ray On Monday Morning. I Am Scared! They Think I May Have An Obstruction In My Bowel Possibly Caused By A Hernia Or Adhesions From All Of My Previous Surgeries. The Pains Are Horrible I Have Almost Passed Out From The Pain. The Pains Were So Bad 2 Days Ago That My Stomach And Incision Area Are Very Sore.
I Feel My "swelly Belly" Is Like It Was Right After Surgery.
Hope They Find Our What Is Causing My Pains Soon--i Want To Return To Work And Begin To Have A "normal"life (free Of All Pains) Again Soon.
Thanks For Listening Sisters!
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:49 AM

Fuschiacow:
I am sorry to hear about your continued pain. My prayers are with you and your Dr's that they find out what is going on with you.
Continue to keep us posted.
C
Unread 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM

Is anyone else out there eating everything that isn't nailed down? Sometimes, I feel out of control with this. I'm pretty sure it's not the holidays because I am not normally like this. Most of the time I eat only when hungrey but the last few days I feel sort of "driven" to eat and eat and eat.
I kept my ovaries but maybe they are a little sluggish or something?
C

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register