Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

fusciacow,

So sorry you are having to go through all this, it seems like we should be "all done" with this stuff by now... Hang in there, and BIG 's to you.
Keep us posted, and we are always here to listen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 10:14 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

FuschiaCow: I'm sorry to hear about your pain! I do think adhesions is the most likely cause of your pain......from the sounds of it. When did you start HRT?

Leaves (and others): I just can't stop eating. I'm hoping now that I'm "back to work" and back in my routine, I'll start eating more like a human being and drop some of this weight I've gained. I'm also going back to the gym!!

Dinkum: I have the same sleep issues off and on. Have you tried Melatonin? I use it regularly and find that it helps me quite a bit, and there are less side effects. I try to only take the Ambien occassionally. I also find that on the nights I talk a walk or go to the gym, I sleep better! Hang in there - I'm sure some of this is hormonal!!!

AgyAgy12: Sorry about that cold! Take care and hope you feel better soon!

Uteresless: I think I have the same mirror as you! BLAH!! And why are all my jeans shrinking every time I wash them???? (SEE ABOVE!!)

Overall, I feel pretty much back to normal. Energy is slowly coming back but I am so OUT OF SHAPE!! I'm winded so easily its scary and all of my clothes are tight! I'm going back to the gym and have been walking a lot with the DH.

For the most part, no pain or discomfort to speak of and everything is quite well in the intimacy area!! WOOHOO!! Only now I have to think of a new excuse for not being in the mood, (no more bleeding or pain!!)

HRT is not what I had hoped, and I still feel like I felt better before I started it. It's only been 3 weeks so, I'll give it a little longer, but I've had the worst night sweats and hot flashes since I began the HRT - and mood swings, don't even get me started! My husband doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt! LOL!!

Anyway, I hope this finds you all well and feeling GREAT! We're getting there!!!!

Take Care all,
Christine
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:26 PM

Hi all,

Happy New Year and Happy New You!! Hope everyone is doing well this week. I for one can't wait for tomorrow, the kids go back to school... yeah! Love them dearly, but I want my house back!!
Went to see the PA at my doc's office today, to see about the bleeding/spotting after relations. First off, never met the PA before, and I would be happy to never see her again. Felt like she was very patronizing to my questions and concerns. The bleeding is from granulation and she applied silver nitrate. I should not feel anything and have no problems from it (per her), though I am feeling a little crampy now. Also no relations for 2 weeks, and estrogen cream every night for 2 weeks to help things heal. I tried asking about my "emotional issues" (seems more days than not I am weepy and/orVERY short fused, DH has been a bit afraid of me the past few days), she quickly told me that they didn't touch the ovaries so I should not be having any issues. It's probably just the stress of the holidays, and wait another 3 months before I think of asking about it (can you tell I just didn't like her?? Probably just my non-existant emotional issues acting up again!) As far as the bleeding goes, per her, I may just always spot after sex, and the yellowish discharge I have had since surgery that my doc's nurse said should have cleared up by now, well, that may just last forever too (per her).
Sorry, just kind of frustrated with the whole thing today. Now I know if they say the PA has an opening, I will say no thanks and wait to see my doc. Even if everything she said is true, the bedside manner needs a little work.
Anyway, now that I have vented.... again....
Hope everyone had a great holiday. Good luck to everyone heading back to the gym, I will be close behind once the kids are back at school!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:03 PM

Hope Every One Had A Wonderful New Year!

Thanks For The Kind Words Ladies-i Still Feel Horrible. I Went In For An X-ray On Monday And That Barrium Was Still Horrible. I Talked To Both Drs. (ob Gyn And Gastro) Today And I Still Don't Feel Any Better. Obgyn Says I Really Did Not Have A Lot Of Adhesions And Should Not Need Surgery. Gastro Does Not Know What Pains Are Being Caused By And Wants To Go On Ahead And Run More Tests--cat Scan And Possible Colonoscopy Next Week--and Still Not Be Released For Work! I Have Cried Most Of The Day. I Am So Frustrated Not Knowing What Is Causing The Excruciating Pains. I Want So Badly To Go Back To Work--being Single With No Kids I Am So Bored Here At Home. I Am A Pk Teacher And Miss All 42 Of My Babies At School . Right Now I Feel That I Have Let Them Down And Don't Feel That I Can Go Back To Work And Do All The Fun Stuff That I Like To Do--run, Jump, Dance And Making Learning Fun!
I Do Hope That These Dr's Can Tell Me Something Soon And Make Me Feel Normal Again. I Thought That Prior To The Hysterectomy That Would Be The Answer To All Of My Horrible Pains And Awful Periods But Now This???
Does Anyone Have/had A Hernia? Is It Supposed To Cause Pain?

Thanks Again Sisters--i Couldnot Get Through This Without Your Words Of Widom
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Paininthe:
You are so funny. You have brighten my day!
Fuschiacow:
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I pray so hard for you that this will go away - or the dr's find something and make that go away.
I have been very fortunate to have gotten through all of this without problems. My pains are normal and get better week by week. I guess they were right when they said it is a 6-12 month recovery. Even tho I am back at work and life, I still feel "not normal". I read on a 1 year anniversary thread where she wrote, "all I have is a little white scar to remind me". I can't wait for that day.
Happy New Year Sisters.....I couldn't have gotten through this so well without your comments and suggestions.
Love,
C
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:32 AM

Hello Sisters,
I just wanted to check-in and say I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I hope and pray that everyone continues to get better day by day. I have been doing really well with just a few minor aches/pains; still have occasional pain at end of urination, mostly first thing in the morning. Other than that; I'm doing really good. I've been back to work now since Dec 17th and although I'm still a little tired when I get home; things are going well!

Fuschiacow:
I'm sorry to hear about your pain and I pray for you daily; please continue to keep us informed. Keep the Faith!!!!

Leaves,
I too have times when I just want to eat but the cravings go away in a couple of days. I also have times when I'm not hungry at all.

I pray the new year brings us all divine health, peace and joy.

Take care and God Bless,
glover07
(ABD HYST/removed uterus, fibroids and cervix/kept ovaries - 10/16/07)
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:05 AM

I too would like to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. I hope that everyone that are still not feeling well continue to heal and feel better soon. I have been great been back to work for over a month now. However, every once in a while when I bend over to far I do feel a bit of pain. I then have to remind myself that it does say 6 to 12 months to heal. Otherwise There are days when I wonder if I had surgery at all. Allthough not have a period since sept. has given me a lot more energy.
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:15 PM
hello 2008

Merry xmas & Happy New Years to all. Have not posted nor read posts since I've been back to work. I am so exhausted when I get home. I too feel I am over doing it especially with the holidays.....I have pretty good pains right along my incision area.
And Java Java....I am having the same issues as you. After my 6 wk ck up, the doc said if she was me, she would wait. So we did....waited almost 9wks....first time...great, no problems. 2nd time.....had to stop because I was bleeding. Hubby freaked out. If it hadn't been for chatting with you ladies I would have totally freaked. Anyhow...waited another wk or so....no bleeding during, but bright blood spots after. My h is so worried. After reading your email I'm thinking maybe I should go back to the dr. I was figuring I was just not healing fast. Too scared to try again yet.
Take care of yourselves and Java let me know how your doing!
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:40 PM

Hi TinTX,

Sorry you are having this problem as well. I feel the same, if it weren't for this site I would have gone absolutely crazy worrying over everything. As it was, I was fairly certain it was granulation before I even called the doc. I have calmed down a bit since my appointment on Wednesday, though I do not agree that there would be no affect from the silver nitrate. She did tell me I would have a discharge like mud, though I'm not sure exactly what that means. I have had a darkish, almost old-blood looking discharge since my appointment, but also passing small chunks of 'stuff' that is metallicey/flaky looking. Also more cramping than I have had in awhile, though not sharp, just more achey. Oh well, hopefully this will pass soon. The Premarin cream is not too much fun, need some acrobatic skill to use it, but this too will pass soon.
Please call your doc to get this checked out, from everything I have read and heard, while the granulation (if that is what it is) is common, it will not heal by itself.
Let us know how it goes, good luck!
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:54 PM

Java Jane...sounds like that PA is definitely worth staying away from...hope the granulation heals up quick.

Fuschiacow...so sorry to hear the doctors haven't given you a clear reason for your pain. I hope they figure it out and resolve it soon!

Good to hear others are doing well. I have had an overly healthy appetite too, especially for chocolate, and feeling like I really deserve it, which led to overindulging, and now I have a few giant zits for my bad behavior. Oops. Time to get back to a bit of self control. But I did find a happy surprise today in the mirror...a little scar just below my belly button, from my laproscopy. It was "in" my button before now, I guess because of swelling, and I thought that was where it was suppose to be! Hopefully that means that area is really healed? Anyone else had migrating scars?

Happy 2008 Sisters!

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register