Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 01-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

HI SISTERS-

GLAD TO HEAR THAT SO MANY OF YOU ARE BACK TO WORK AND HAVING A "NORMAL " LIFE. I REALLY THINK THAT 6 MONTH --1 YEAR IS REALLY TRUE BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD IT FROM SO MANY PEOPLE . THEY KEEP SAYING THAT WE MIGHT BE OK FROM THE OUTSIDE (WHAT WE CAN SEE--INCISION) BUT WE HAD MAJOR SURGERY ON THE INSIDE AND THAT IS WHAT WHERE WE DON'T SEE THE SWELLY BELLY STUFF. KEEP RESTING AND LIKE THEY SAY," LISTEN TO YOUR BODY."
IF YOU NEED TO CONTINUE RESTING, DO SO!

AS FOR ME, I AM NOW HAVING A COLONOSCOPY ON MONDAY SINCE CT SCANS CAME BACK NORMAL. I AM STILL HAVING PAINS. OBGYN IS REFFERING ME TO A SURGEON TO SEE THIS WEEK AND TALKING ABOUT GOING IN AGAIN (LAPOROSCOPY) WITH HIM FOR POSSIBLE ADHESIONS AND ENDOMETRIOSIS. NOT A LOT OF FUN
GASTRO THINKS I AM DEPRESSED AND PUT ME ON MEDS FOR DEPRESSION--ALL I WANT TO DO IS GET BETTER AND GO TO WORK!!!
THANKS FOR LISTENING AND ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 05:23 PM

Fuschiacow: So sorry to hear that the docs haven't pinned down the trouble yet. It must be awful to be looking at a return to surgery, but if it is the only way they can figure out what is going on, it'll be worth it. I don't know my sister-in-laws exact symptoms and if her pain was like yours, but she had a LVAH, and a month and a half later, had to go back in to surgery to have the worst case of endo the doc had ever seen removed. He just couldn't figure out how the first surgeon could have missed all the endo. As horrible as it was to go back into surgery, she is finally free of her pain and symptoms and is back to feeling normal. Hopefully, you'll be on your way to better soon too!

I have been feeling good, just really pooped, the kind of pooped I've always felt since momhood, so I won't blame that on the hyst. I think that means I am feeling back to normal! Normal but different. Now when I have digestive distress and things are thumping around in my belly, it feels like thumping on a hollow spot - it's a weird sensation, not the same as pre-hyst, but I guess I'll get used to it eventually.

Hope everyone is well! Take care Sisters.

Lisa
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:24 PM

I thought I was only one still having pain.After reading this I know now that I am not.I was in the hospital for the last week with stomach pain.I had every test under the sun...endoscope(camera down the throat),liver biopsy,gastro emptying...blood tests for lupas...and all tests came back negative.But still have pain.I don't know what it could possibly be.I also had endometriosis.I was wondering if she possibly missed some.I was also put on antidepressants.They seem to work ok but I still don't feel like myself.I am going to my family doc on Wednesday and am going to ask him to look into a possible laparotomy to see if I have adhesions or scar tissue.I need to know what the heck is going on inside there.I too do believe that it is going to take 6months to a year to feel like myself again.I am not on HRT and am even thinking that is what I need.Hystersisters just sent me my 3 month progress report and I have alot of hormonal symptoms.So I guess I'm still on the mend and need to be patient.I just figured after the major surgery I owuld feel 100%.Boy was I kidding myself.I do hope all goes well with the tests and discomfort some of us are still having.Good luck to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
am surprised

Morning sisters, I am so shocked by how many of us are still swelly bellied and having pain. I am sure my pain is from going back to work too soon. I went to Dr. last week and he upped my hrt ,doubled it in fact. I immediately had an entire day of weeping while working (they are all fairly sure I've totally lost it) I am wondering too. I am so sorry to read that some of you are more than just swelly belly sore and that a couple of you are headed back to the castle. I told DH that I was planning to stay in my recliner and vege most of the day. I have to give the pooch a bath later, cause she thinks she should sleep with us and she is smelling a bit doggy not princessly as she thinks she does. DH has the rest of his teeth pulled in the morning so he will get the crown for a few days as he tries to heal. We are quite a pair right now. Thank goodness we will hopefully be 100% when the weather warms up,so we can have fun in the sun. I better quit whining and read more from all of you. Take good care of yourselves and keep us up to date. Pami
Unread 01-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Just checkin' in

Hi all!

Hope you are having a good weekend. I feel like I am back to being my nomal busy-mom self these days, though with the occasional "ouch!" every so often to remind me to slow down a tad. I have officially FINALLY had a 'liner-free' day yesterday and today, and I'm so excited. The silver nitrate and Premarin cream ( 4 more days and counting!!) seem to be doing the trick, and have not had any of that yellowish discharge for a few days now. Yeah! Aside from 1 day around week 7 or so, I have had to use at least panty liners 24/7, so the thought of finally being able to banish them is wonderful.
Even my emotional state seems to be calming down a bit, even compared to just a few days ago. Perhaps my ovaries were kicking in some overtime the last 2 weeks: angry with everyone for everything, sore breats, crampy (??), up 2.5 lbs in a few days, bloated, the worst case of acne I have had this side of my teenage years, and mood swings that were making ME dizzy! Today I am feeling much calmer, more in control of myself.
pamisuze, I have had to spend more time in my dentists chair this past month than I would have cared to as well. I broke a tooth in early December, had the crown prep done then the permanent on Jan 2. Had a good cleaning and exam at that point (new dentist, hadn't been in 2 years) and found out I have another tooth that's cracked and need another crown Had that prep done last week and go back in a couple more weeks to get the crown seated. Bleck! But, like you said, once this is done, I really will be 100%! Keep taking it easy, you're almost there!!
agyagy, glad you are feeling good as well, I think that mommy-tired is preferable to the post surg tired any day!
tintx- I hope you have had some resolution to the bleeding... did you call your doc?
Christine- Glad you are feeling great too! I hope you have a great time skiing. I have not been, but my youngest DD (6 1/2) went for the first time with a friend last weekend, and had a blast. I have a feeling we will be making some trips up the mountain soon!
And fuschiacow, I sure hope they find the problem this week. My heart so goes out to you as you have had to endure these continued problems! I hope they can get things settled without having to go in with another surgery.
All of us- keep resting when you can, we have come so far from that first week! Thanks again just for being there, listening and caring!!
Unread 01-13-2008, 10:48 PM

Hi Sisters!

I Just Want To Say Thank You For All Of Your Kind Words And Prayers. Reading All Of Your Words Of Encouragement Is Helping Me Get Through This.

Today I Had To Be On A Liquid Diet And Drink 2 Bottles Of That Magnesium Citrate Stuff---yuk In Order To Prepare For The Colonoscopy Tomorrow. I Think The Banana Barrium For The Cat Scans Was Better. Lol

Thanks For Being My Sisters
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:29 AM

Good luck today with the colonoscopy. Hope all goes well with it and you get some news regarding your pain.
Love,
C
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:40 AM

Good Morning Sisters,
I just wanted to check-in and see how everyone is doing. I have not heard from you all in a while and I really miss that. I hope everyone is doing well with recovery and that we are getting better and better each day. I still have minor on/off pain/soreness around my abdominal area but nothing severe; thank God. I hope it's from being back at work full days now and using my abdominal area more and more each day. And I still some minor on/off pain at the end of urination usually first thing in the morning. I hope this goes away in the next couple of weeks; if not I'll talk to my regular doctor at my annual checkup about it. My gyno says she thinks this should go away but I'm a little concerned that its still happening. The good thing is, it's not severe pain. Other than that I feel really good; and I'm feeling more and more like my old self (Hurray!!!). I have not hot flashes or night sweats and the fatigue seems to have passed (Hurray!!!). And not having another period really feels good!!!!! It's hard to believe that TODAY is my 3 month anniversary; time really does fly!

Fuschiacow: How are you feeling? Did you find out anything yet from your test? I'm praying for you; hold on and Keep the Faith!!!

Leaves/Java Jane and others, How are you doing these days? I hope you all are doing well!!!

Well, it's time to get ready for work so I'll sign off now!

Take care and God Bless, Love you ALL!
glover07
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:04 AM

Hey good to hear from you. I am 3 months out today as well! I feel great! I am back full swing a work, I do not get as tired as before, all is going well. I still have some dull ache in my lower belly but other than that. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Keep in touch
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Glad to hear that some others are dcoing well. Sorry to hear that others are stiull having problem. I am doing very well. Finally getting my blood sugars back under control. I can't believe it has taken so long. I have no real pain however, once in a while if I totally over do it I do get a dull ache in my right ovary. It almost feels like a something is caught up there.

We are going on vacation next week and it is exciting to think I don't have to worry about starting my period and ruining the whole vacation by not being able to leave the house. I only get hot flashes occasionally however, have noticed that I don't get as cold as easily as I used to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register