Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 01-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Hello Sisters,
I just wanted to check-in to see how everyone is doing. It's good to hear the good news that some of us are feeling better and better each day. Time really does fly and hopefully so will our continue recovery. I feel really good these days with little to no pain; however, being back at work full days now are long and sometimes I'm really tired at the end of the day. Yesterday I did not get home until 6:45 p.m. Then I had to make dinner and do laundry; if I miss anything about the surgery it's not doing anything except resting. Oh, well I guess I wanted to get back to normal (ha, ha).

Fucshiacow: How are you doing? I pray that you are feeling better and that the doctor's have found out what's causing your pain! Hang in there!!!

To my other Sisters: How are you all doing these days. I have not heard from you but I'm sure that means you are feeling more and more like your old self. I really miss hearing from everyone. Take care and continue to heal well!!!

Well, it's time go get ready for work again! Take care Sisters, lots of love and God Bless!

glover07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 08:51 AM

Hi guys!

Hope everyone is doing great, I'm feeling pretty good. Except for a nasty cold I came down with this week. Between the nose-blowing and coughing, I'm getting pretty sore where my incisions were for my sling. Hoping this bug passes quickly, I can't afford the down time right now. While I don't have a regular job like many of you, I am a SAHM of 3 (4 if you count DH), I am also the cookie mom for my youngest DD Brownie troop, and we are in the final days of getting in all the 1st round orders. As well as all the normal stuff I usually do (laundry, cooking, cleaning, shopping, Bible study, helping whoever needs help, etc).
Anyway, would also love to hear wonderful stories from those who are doing great, and be a shoulder for those who are not. Sure miss "chatting" with you all a little more regularly!
Take care, have a great day!!
Unread 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM

Hi girls!

Jane, I"m also a SAHM of 3 in addition to running 2 online businesses and all the other stuff that goes along w/ running a house and family. I didn't get much down time after surgery thats for sure, lol.

On the surgery front, I am doing FANTASTIC! Having the surgery was the BEST thing I ever did. I started Premarin in November and that has proven to be the dumbest thing I ever did. While it did help keep me a little more even, and probably prevented me from eating my own young a few times, I have had a migraine since the middle of DECEMBER. I am working w/ a Neurologist and plan to wean off the Premarin and try some alternatives to get rid of these blasted headaches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 05:25 PM

Christine

Im so glad you said all this because I was starting to feel like something was wrong with me that I should be way more back to normal by now.

And im having a terrible time with pain in my back and stomach i feel like i cant stand straight if i sit for more than 10 mins.

ARRRRRRRRRH - i hope it gets better soon
Unread 01-27-2008, 02:35 PM

Hey sisters. It is good to hear from those who are checking in and good to hear so many are dong so well. I am feeling good surgery-wise, but still having trouble with irregular, rapid heart rate that makes it impossible to fall asleep. My regular doc thinks there might be something else going on, besides low iron, and now says its weird that my iron is so low so long after surgery. So I am on a medication to better regulate the electric signals to my heart and it is helping me sleep, waiting on a few tests that might explain the iron levels. In the mean time, I love that I can live my life and not have to plan things around my crazy painful periods anymore! Family just took a weekend trip and it was wonderful not to have that worry. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Lisa
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM

I have to say, I LOVE not having to plan vacations or other things around my periods. They were so horrible that they'd sideline me for the first several days, making doing anything during that time ridiculously unbearable. That has been a wonderful perk!
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:54 PM

How funny you should ask for updates. I was so thinking that it has been so long since I posted and I truly missed my sisters!!!

I haven't been able to post for a while because of adjusting to a normal life (like everyone else). I worked half days from 12/13 through the end of the year and then starting 1/2 I went back to my regular schedule (9-9 hour days with a day off every two weeks. My normal workday is 8-6 but for the last two weeks I worked 8-7. Oftentimes I didn't get home until 8:30 or 9pm. This past Saturday I stayed at home ALL DAY. It was wonderful. I'm not quite rejuvenated, but getting some good rest certainly helped.

From a surgical standpoint, everything is doing well. I don't have any pain or irritation and my scar is healed up quite nicely. My biggest problem was my hormones. I was on the Climara patch (0.0375) and after a couple of weeks at that dosage, I started developing major side effects (breast swelling, water retention, leg pain, dizziness, headaches, moodiness, etc.) My doctor took me off of it and now I'm not on any HRT and am doing o.k. It seems that I had a hormone overdose (go figure). I'm taking an herbal iron supplement along with my multi-vitamin and things are going o.k.

I am still realizing that I still need to take into consideration that there are physical limits to what I can do so that I don't tire myself out easily. Problem is, people think that since you are back to work, that you are "normal" and that just isn't so.

I'm glad to hear that others are also doing well, and I do agree that planning vacations and ANYTHING around periods is one side effect that I DON'T miss )

Toni
(TAH/BSO)
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Hi Sisters--
I Am So Happy To Hear That So Many Of You Are Back To Normal Or As Close To Normal As One Can Be After What We Have All Experienced.
I Finally Went Back To Work On Wednesday And Was So Happy To Be Surrounded By All Of My Little Darlings (pk Teacher 4 Yr Olds).
They Were So Happy To See Me And Wanted To Know What Took Me So Long To Come Back.
I Had An Mri Last Tuesday And Get The Results From The Surgeon On Wednesday Of This Week. I Have Still Had The Pains And Wish I Could Do Or Take Something To Relieve The Pain. My Obgyn Has Had Me Watch Everything I Eat And Stay Off Of Red Meat. I Have Tried It All And Still Have The Pains--it Is Just A Constant Nagging Pain-sometimes More Severe Than Other Times. I Do Not Know What To Do Or Eat That May Make The Pains Stop. I Just Want To Know What Is Causing The Pains And Do Something To Relieve The Ugly Pain.
Thanks Again For All Of Your Prayers And Kind Words
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:43 AM

fuschiacaow~

BIG GIANT 's are being sent to you!! My heart is going out to you as well, I don't think I could hold up like you if there were still those problems after everything you have tried to do to "get better". Bless those little ones who can show love and concern and care for you right now, I will let them be my arms for me! I hope they find out with the MRI what is going on, and know you have sisters from all over who are praying for you and are here for you when it seems as though noone else can understand.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing, and take care...
Unread 01-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Fushciacow....I too had been having terrible stomach pains and cramping...I had a TAH...kept nothing...my doc put me in the hospital for a whole week.They ran all kinds of tests,MRIs,Cat scans,blood work.You name it...they did it.The only thing they found was that my liver was enlarged and I have irritable bowel.When I got my 3 month checkpoint from Hystersisters...it did say in there that you could get digestive problems after a hysterectomy.There was a whole list of things.Did you get the check point update at your 3 months?You should go to the home page and try to find it.I have alot of the symptoms on the checkpoint.Maybe that could shine alittle light on some of what you are going thru.I wish you all the best and hope maybe that will help.keep us posted

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register