Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

I'm 6 days post op. The worse thing for me is getting out of breath. I don't have much pain and don't have much trouble getting around but, am so tired after doing just about anything. I have also started something new. Last night I had what I think is a muscle spasm around my left ovary. I had a twinge of pain with it too. Today have a terrible migraine. Just feeling a little down today and wondering when things will get better. Wondering if I will be able to go to get groceries this weekend as dh has to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 10:09 AM

I had my surgery on 10-16. Had my staples out on Tuesday. They were very impressed with the healing, and how I was getting around. I do have some burning when I get up and move a little, more noticable now then last week. I think my ovaries are speaking to me. : )
(maybe I should settle down alittle)
Unread 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM

My TAH was a week ago. I am little weak. I still havent had a bm. I am drinking alot of water. My appetite is very small. I decrease my meds I only take one lortab about 5-6 hours. My pain is really good. I was expecting to be in alot of pain only early in the morning after sleeping hours w/o meds. I can't do much w/o getting dizzy and short of breath but I know it will get better with time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 04:11 PM

nmac30 - i was starting to think the lightheadedness was my imagination - i feel like im starting a cold - i see the dr on monday - maybe a blood pressure issue - mine was really low in the hospital not normal for me at all -- but no one seemed concerned - i just hope the cold doesnt form

take some peri-colace that will help with the bm issue - im finding my appetite is off too but im welcoming it - and hope it lasts,

i also feel like i have a ball where my leg joint meets my hip not sure what that is about - other than that ive had some twings and sharp shoots but nothing like i thought
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM

would love to know what to do for the gas...drinking lots of water and walking. Just got home from hospital had a full hyst. let me know..thanks.
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:56 PM

Peppermint tea is excellent for gas. I took some to the hospital with me, and have drank some after I have gotten home. I did use a little Gas x. But try the tea.
Unread 10-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Hello Ladies

Hello All,

I am 9 weeks post-op from a TAH, and just reading through some posts. After a while, it seems so long ago.

My advice to all - Listen to your body - If something hurts, don't do it. I spent full 6 weeks sleeping on my living room recliner. It was more comfortable than sleeping in bed. Keep your hyster pants (We all did on our post until about 7 weeks). Try to get up every 1/2 hr just to walk to bathroom, end of driveway, whatever. Keep up the relationships on Hyster sisters.

I have had a really good recovery, and am back to the gym doing spinning classes, machines (no weight lifting though). P.S. - Remember the bonus in the end - It is all worth it to have no more periods. The last week, I have felt better than I have for over one year.

Unread 10-26-2007, 07:26 AM

I am 1 week post op today. I feel so much better than yesterday. Was having a pity party. I had a terrible migraine that just wouldn't go away no matter how much I slept. I felt so much better this morning. I actually got up put on some real clothes (pants with elastic waist band that are too long so pulled way up). I put on some makeup and took my daughter to school. I have an appt. with the Dr. this morning and can't wait to see what she has to say.
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:11 AM

Hello, Ladies.

Had my Da Vinci Hysterectomy on Monday, 10/22. They took my cervix and both ovaries as well. No stitches......they used adhesive on my 4 small incisions. Cool!

First couple days was a little tough in the castle. Supposed to be there one night, ended up two. Even with the anti nausea meds, I had extreme nausea and extremely low blood pressure. By the end of the day on Tuesday, still no movement in my bowels (no sounds, no passing gas, nothing!), still very low blood pressure and some pain management issues....so they kept me another night which made a HUGE difference......felt like I "turned a corner" during the night.

The gas they use to fill my abdomen during surgery seems to be the worst part of the pain. My shoulders, neck and head and right under my rib cage were so full of this gas trying to dissipate. Heating pad has helped................and it seems to be just about gone today.

Still having pain passing gas, no bm's yet, no appetite, just forcing myself to eat so ibuprofen doesn't upset my stomach, drinking lots of water and ginger ale. I think once I lose all the gas and have regular bm's, things will feel more normal. The surgery pain is manageable, a little sore, moving slow, feel very bloated and sore by the end of the day or after taking my walks. But good overall.

Thanks for being here ladies.

Love to you all ~~~
Christine
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:01 AM

I was feeling SO good that I ran errands yesterday, 1 week post-op. I own a couple of online businesses and went shopping for inventory. Big mistake. I am hurting today! I plan to take it easy and let myself recover, no matter how badly I want to go shopping.

Oh, and I have little to no appetite and am losing weight. Thats a good thing though, right?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register