Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 80 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Simple symptoms may easily be ignored but it's important to note that these symptoms have been reported by women experiencing menopause. If you have any of these symptoms, discuss them with your doctor during your next checkup.

Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
Irregular heart beat
Irritability
Mood swings, sudden tears
Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
Loss of libido
Dry vagina
Pain during sex
Crashing fatigue
Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
Disturbing memory lapses
Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
Itchy, crawly skin
Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
Increased tension in muscles
Breast tenderness
Headache change: increase or decrease
Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
Sudden bouts of bloat
Depression
Worsening of existing conditions
Increase in allergies
Weight gain
Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
Changes in body odor
Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
Tingling in the extremities
Gum problems, increased bleeding
Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
Osteoporosis
Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:41 PM

Fushciacow & Backontrack: I have had some soreness and what seems like sharp sticks in my abdominal area. It started this past Sunday and although, the pain is NOT as bad as it was on Sunday I still feel soreness in my stomach area and my back. It's not severe just very uncomfortable. I hope it's from maybe over doing it and being back at work full days, sitting at the desk and walking quite a bit; it almost feels like a bruise or something (like maybe I pulled something). I think the sticking feeling is my nerves coming back to life (at least that what the doctor said before). It's not my incision but above it close to my naval area.

Anyone else having this? If it does NOT get better by this week; I'll call the doctor and go in to check it out. I was constipated today, which did NOT help at all. So, I started back taking the Miralax stool softener the doctor told me to get after surgery.

To ALL my other Sisters: I pray all is well and that you are not having any new pains. Thanks for being there and for all the encouragement!!!! Take care and God Bless!!

Love to ALL,
glover07
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:45 PM

hi gals, are any of you still having emotional issues? I seem to be slowing to a crawl on the healing front, my tummy is tender, no where near my incision, have been on 3 different hormones so far and of course the one that made my head feel the most normal (not that I am thinking I will ever be normal again) is the one that makes my legs swell and hurt. tonight I feel like I used to feel the evening before my period was to start, thought I was done with that. I " m w h i n i n g !!!!! Help. Oh well I hope all of you are doing so much better. I certainly thought it would be so much better than this. I better quit for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 08:06 PM

I was doing ok until I went on Black Cohash for my hot flashes after I went off the premerin after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the Black Cohash made me crazy just like regular estogen in my body. EeeK! I thought I was loosing my mind. I hope it gets out of my system fast.

Anyone have any suggestions for the night sweats and the hot flashes?
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:43 AM

Hi Pamisuze,
I'm sorry to hear that healing has been slow going for you. I'm not in pain from my hysterectomy any more, but I'm still awfully tired. I've had a slight feeling of pressure and a slight burning in the center of my chest since my surgery, so both my primary doctor and my gyn are insisting that I see a cardiologist, even though I have no other risk factors for heart problems. On Monday, my gyn took me off the estrogen patch I've been using since my surgery and said not to use it again until I get an all clear from the cardiologist. I had a royal migraine headache Tuesday night and all day yesterday from the sudden drop in estrogen, and I keep having to stop myself from yelling at my poor husband for no good reason. Thank goodness my cardiology appt is tomorrow morning - no telling how long I have before the hot flashes and painfully dry female parts return (I had just reached menopause before my surgery, so I know what to expect from my body). The estrogen patch has turned out to be a mixed blessing. It took away my most troublesome menopausal symptoms - I had no hot flashes, my female parts look and feel like they did 20 years ago, and as a side benefit, the age spots actually faded off the backs of my hands! On the other hand, my breasts have been swollen and tender on the patch (but firmer!), and since I took off the patch, my pants are looser because I have gotten rid of lots of water I was retaining and maybe because my appetite has calmed down a bit too. On the whole, I think I want the estrogen back because I know I can't live with the painful vaginal dryness I had before my surgery. I tried Vagifem tabs and Estrace cream, and neither of them were nearly as effective for me as the patch has been. To add to my fun, a disk in my back that I herniated last year (and had PT and epidural injections) is giving me loads of trouble, and my primary doctor has referred me to a spine doctor, whose first available appt isn't until April 1. Now I'm whining too - my back and legs hurt, and I just want to crawl under the covers and hibernate until Spring. Wah! Thanks for giving me a place to whine.

Take care,
Linda in KY
LAVH/BSO on 10-22-07
Unread 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM

oh my, the back and legs is what makes me so whiny Voyager, mine is from arther, we think, they had me on anti-inflamitories before my surgery in hopes of keeping the cysts down in size, and I think my arther got worse and I didn't even know it. I am going to try a new liquid glyclosamine and condroiten vitamin to see if it will help.
I want you to keep me posted on your cardio appt tho. I hope it turns out to not be that. I had an ulcer when I was a kid that hurt like you are feeling, I hope it isn't that either.

I went back on the estrigen pills to see what would happen and my legs are hurting again, but will wait to do anything till I get the new vitamins. Take good care all of you. Pami
Unread 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissad
I was doing ok until I went on Black Cohash for my hot flashes after I went off the premerin after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the Black Cohash made me crazy just like regular estogen in my body. EeeK! I thought I was loosing my mind. I hope it gets out of my system fast.

Anyone have any suggestions for the night sweats and the hot flashes?

I bought the chillow and have really liked it, when my legs started hurting I was even slipping it under my knees to help.
As far as the flashes I have actually had minor ones for a while, now of course they are more serious, I just wear less clothes, all my shirts and blouses are sleeveless and I wear cardigan sweaters over them until I flash and then I strip the cardigan off. I am no help on either front, does your temper go up as you hot flash? mine doesn't but one of the girls at work is like that and wow it is worth it see if her face is red before you approach.
Take care if you find what helps let us all know.
Unread 02-02-2008, 04:57 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has been moved to the date club forum.

We invite you to continue to participate, replying in support of other members with questions or starting a thread to ask questions of your needs. Please visit the pre-op and post-op forums to reply to other women in need of support!

And of course, you may continue to reply here to this thread with your friends of your hyst date club!

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi all

Haven't been here for awhile. Glad to see most of you are doing well.

I have my ups and downs, right now I'm on a down side. I have a lack of energy, shortness of breath but I still push on.
Drs all say it can take up to a full year for complete recovery.
I cant believe it's almost 4 months already.
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Back in the saddle?

Hey girls...
I have been MIA since my surgery, there something for me that was very emotional about coming back here... I would just sit and sob when I read your posts or try to post my stuff... (Also, ended up in the Oct 22-29 thread but didn't "know" a lot of sisters there...) I wish I pushed thru instead of running, I'm sure it would really have helped.
I've been reading up on your progress, glad to hear so many of you are doing well, my heart goes out to those of you with struggles.
I'm doing pretty well, feeling better than I have for years, but still get really tired and frustrated thinking I should be over it already! Over achiever...
Well if anyone remembers me... say "Hey!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register