Do any of you have celiac disease too? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do any of you have celiac disease too? Do any of you have celiac disease too?

Unread 10-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Do any of you have celiac disease too?

I am stressing over the fact that I have Celiac disease and will be in the hospital. celiac disease is an intollerance to wheat, rye oats and barley.

I am scared that they will try to feed me while I am in the hospital. If I get contaminated I will have a SEVERE reaction and well, i can't have that after surgery. I am really hoping that someone else out there has been in my shoes and can offer some suggestions.

Thanks, Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM

I have Celiac Disease. I stayed at the castle Fri-Monday and didn't get glutened. The food was not good, but at least it was safe. Call the dietary dept of the hospital and make sure that they are in the know about your restrictions. That's what I did. Breakfast was always bacon, eggs, and hot cereal. The rest of the meals were not eaten. Take some food with you. I ate safe cookies, pretzels, prunes and cashews from my own stash while at the castle. My dh even brought me Starbuck's.
Unread 10-15-2007, 01:05 PM

they didn't have a problem with you refusing their food? That was what I was planning on doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 02:01 PM

When you check in they chould ask about allergies let them know and they will put a bracelt on you , it shouldnt be a problem i have tons of allergies and many food ones they were great about it, soem of the food was gross though lol but they were great about it. good luck
hugs
lisa
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM

This is a little different than a regular "food allergy". I have to worry about cross contamination too. Just a tiny bit can put me into a major tailspin.
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM

Defiantly let them know when you check in so they can put a braclet on you and you can even have some one bring you food for your meals too, have some things made up ahead of time and put them in the fridge and have some one bring them to you so you dont have to worry so much .. big hugs
lisa
Unread 10-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Hi I'm having my surgery in Dec this year. I have enough allergies to keep 2 a family going for a lifetime, so I am taking my own dry food supply with me. I also have the added proplem of tablets, as in the UK they use lactose to bulk them out, so that I am going to have to discuss with the surgeon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register