vaginal cuff not healing - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal cuff not healing vaginal cuff not healing

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
vaginal cuff not healing

Hi
I am also beginning to worry - my 6 weeks exam is on 2-20-08 and I was told I'd be released for sex if everything was still healing well. But I really don't see myself as excited as I was last week. I worry so much already about pretty much everything now this is really making me worry. Does all surgery require the vaginal cuff? Even though, I am glad that someone mentioned this so that we are now aware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
vaginal cuff not healing

Hi Retired2tv,
The vaginal cuff is the suture line where they sew the top of the vaginal canal shut after removing the cervix and uterus. If you have a cervix, you don't have a vaginal cuff, if you don't have a cervix, then you do.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding.
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:53 AM
vaginal cuff not healing

oh my gosh... this is beginning to worry me, I am 2 mos post op and once in a while when I go to the bathroom, there is pink tinge on the tissue. is anyone else experiencing thi ? also sometimes after intercource, there is a dull pain in the v-jj, The surgeon has released me. Im wondering if a visit to my female gp will help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 06:38 AM
vaginal cuff not healing

alafaday
Please don't worry, in all likelihood this is a bit of granulation tissue or even dryness can cause this type of pink tinge. You should see your dr, whichever one you feel comfortable with, and have it checked out. This type of pink staining isn't too unusual and can usually be cleared up easily once the dr knows it's there. Let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:49 AM
vaginal cuff not healing

I'm four weeks post-op as of yesterday and I am still staining. I don't have to see my doctor until the six week mark, so I have no clue what is going on. I am nervous but I guess it will go away in time - at least I hope it will. As much as I worried about sex before the operation, now I am already dreading getting the go ahead b/c of this cuff.
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
vaginal cuff not healing

Ok, I need help understanding this!

Please if someone can take the time...

what is vaginal cuff.. and how do i know if I have that... so sorry for sounding dumb....

If I still have my cervix then i do not have a vaginal cuff?

Why do I still hurt??

This is what im experiencing..
During Intercourse...It feels like hubby is jabbing into the walls inside.
Exactly how it felt before i had my hysterectomy....

Only NOW - I can feel my hole tearing. I had hubby look at it and he says he can see it... and it indeed looks like a rip at the bottom of my hole... so sorry for too much info...
We are not having much intamacy now...due to all of this.... but even when we did... It was real gentle...not enough so to make me tear like I am...

I am almost 6 months post op.

Also, when do you have another internal/vaginal examine after your surgery?
My doctor has not given me one since the surgery.. is it time?

Any ideas? Does this have to do with the vaginal cuff? I am so confused
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:39 PM
vaginal cuff not healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoddess
Ok, I need help understanding this!

Please if someone can take the time...

what is vaginal cuff.. and how do i know if I have that... so sorry for sounding dumb....

If I still have my cervix then i do not have a vaginal cuff?

Why do I still hurt??

This is what im experiencing..
During Intercourse...It feels like hubby is jabbing into the walls inside.
Exactly how it felt before i had my hysterectomy....

Only NOW - I can feel my hole tearing. I had hubby look at it and he says he can see it... and it indeed looks like a rip at the bottom of my hole... so sorry for too much info...
We are not having much intamacy now...due to all of this.... but even when we did... It was real gentle...not enough so to make me tear like I am...

I am almost 6 months post op.

Also, when do you have another internal/vaginal examine after your surgery?
My doctor has not given me one since the surgery.. is it time?

Any ideas? Does this have to do with the vaginal cuff? I am so confused
The vaginal cuff is at the top of the vagina inside where the cervix was. What you are describing sounds like the opening to the outside of your vagina? If this is correct it sounds like you may have a dryness issue perhaps. They are completely different things. I would ask your doctor if I were you, there are creams to help. Have you tried any lube products otc? They can help alot with this problem. As far as the cuff tearing, if you are this far out and it hasn't happened yet... Also, if you has a supracervical hysterectomy then you do not have a cuff so no worries there. I would recommend seeking the advice if your doctor since you are still feeling pain during intercourse. Good luck,
Janelle
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
vaginal cuff not healing

I believe, if you still have your cervix, you don"t have a vaginal. A cuff is essentially a stitching at the end of the vagina, where the cervix was removed. I had a total hysterectomy therefore, I have a vaginal cuff. Hopefully someone else will shed some light on this

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register