Please help me. I'm in pain! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help me.  I'm in pain! Please help me. I'm in pain!

Unread 10-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Please help me. I'm in pain!

I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a total abdominal hysterctomy on Sept 13, 07. Everything went well and my incision is healing nicely. But, about 2 weeks post op. I started feeling like I was leaking small amounts of urine, then my urethra and clitoris felt irritated. The clitoris feels like I am sexually excited or the nerves are firing all the time. I saw my gynecologist at 3 weeks post op. She said I was doing great. I told her of the bladder leakage and the frequent need to urinate. She put me on vesicare (for bladder spasms) and Difflucan in case I had a yeast infection due to my complaint of urethra and clitoral burning. Now it's been 10 more days and the burning and throbbing are worse. In the mean time I have been to the gynecologist twice. She gave me Pyridium to treat bladder infection, but I show no signs of bladder infection and topicort to put on the vagina and clitoris for pain. This really did not help much. Next she tried having me use Premarin cream for inside the vagina. Plus, I have been taking Premarin orally every since the surgery. I am just miserable. I feel like the doctors will think I am crazy and making this all up. I know that part of the problem is probably just vaginal dryness due the the estrogen levels being too low, but what is causing this feeling of throbbing in the clitoris? Has anyone had a similar problem? Touching the clitoris or rubbing it seems to bring temporary relief, but the throbbing is back the minute I stop. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Hope You Feel Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westielover
I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a total abdominal hysterctomy on Sept 13, 07. Everything went well and my incision is healing nicely. But, about 2 weeks post op. I started feeling like I was leaking small amounts of urine, then my urethra and clitoris felt irritated. The clitoris feels like I am sexually excited or the nerves are firing all the time. I saw my gynecologist at 3 weeks post op. She said I was doing great. I told her of the bladder leakage and the frequent need to urinate. She put me on vesicare (for bladder spasms) and Difflucan in case I had a yeast infection due to my complaint of urethra and clitoral burning. Now it's been 10 more days and the burning and throbbing are worse. In the mean time I have been to the gynecologist twice. She gave me Pyridium to treat bladder infection, but I show no signs of bladder infection and topicort to put on the vagina and clitoris for pain. This really did not help much. Next she tried having me use Premarin cream for inside the vagina. Plus, I have been taking Premarin orally every since the surgery. I am just miserable. I feel like the doctors will think I am crazy and making this all up. I know that part of the problem is probably just vaginal dryness due the the estrogen levels being too low, but what is causing this feeling of throbbing in the clitoris? Has anyone had a similar problem? Touching the clitoris or rubbing it seems to bring temporary relief, but the throbbing is back the minute I stop. Help!

I hope that everthing be ok. They took everthing on me
except the right ovary. I was having pains but it stop now.
Now I am having heart flutter. My blood pressure has been
going up and down. I will see my doctor this coming Friday.
Please take care of your-self. Keep telling the doctors that
you are still having problems. My prayers are with you.

Creshaunda
Unread 10-17-2007, 03:30 PM

Westielover

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem ~ it sounds so uncomfortable! I don't know if any ladies will be along who can relate but you may wish to try a forum search (click right of the main page of this forum) or a site search (click top right of this page).

Searches did reveal some threads and here are a couple to start you off <links>: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=130379 and https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...inful+clitoris .

I do hope it settles down very soon but, if not, please don't hesitate to go back to your doctor again. Take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 06:54 PM

aww sorry you have that , i would keep with the dr till some thing helps. have you tried something like replense ( sorry not sure how its spelled lol) you only use it 3 times a week and it helps the dryness alot .
good luck and feel beter
hugs
lisa
Unread 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM

did your dr check you for a bacterial infection? metrogel might help. it helps me with similar symptoms. also go to the drugstore and get replens. it keeps the vagina moist. you use it a few times the first week and then just twice a week. it really helps.
Unread 10-19-2007, 01:42 PM

I have the same symptons and have also been searching for answers, I have been to the gyno and even had an Ultrasound, everything was normal. I wish you luck in finding answers. I will keep you informed if I find out anything, Good luck!
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:17 PM

I am having similar issues with my clitoris. It seems like I'm having an orgasm. It's not all the time but I just had it yesterday. I went to the gyn and forgot to tell him about it, but he said I could bathe now. I took a bath and the feeling went away. But I've had that feeling a few times before. I remember getting up and start walking and it went away for those episodes.

As for the leaking, I'm having like bubbles with a very tiny amt of urine in my underwear (like two or three dots). I have gone to the urologist who thinks this is all part of the healing process (inflammation) and if it doesn't get better by Nov. 2, he's to do a cystoscopy. These bubbles started about 2-3 weeks after the surgery when I had an infection.
Unread 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Anyluck finding any relief for your clitoral pain? I'm still having problems. Good Luck!

Westielover
Unread 11-02-2007, 03:55 PM

I had that symptom, too. Weird. But as time went on, it gradually went away. All the posts on it lead me to conclude it is fairly common and not to worry about. Thank goodness! This place is great because we find out we're not unique and take comfort in knowing symptoms are somewhat similiar.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register