6- week mark! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6- week mark! 6- week mark!

Unread 10-19-2007, 12:52 PM
6- week mark!

Hi,
I wanted to respond to your post and discuss your feeling since I think we had the same surgery. On Sept 17 I had a TLH/BSO TVT Trans vaginal taping. After 5 weeks I am still not able to sit up in a chair for very long at all without pain. I also am experiencing pressure pain when I stand from sitting for any length of time. I work in an office and don't have to lift anything but a pencil so I came back to work after 3wks working only 4hrs a day because of the sitting pain. I am going to try coming back full time next week but am afraid it is going to be too much. Do you feel anything in lower vaginal area when you move from side sleeping position to back to other side? I feel something like bones cracking inside is the best I can describe. Wonder if you feel anything like that. I swear I can feel the sling but the doctor told me I should not be feeling it. Still have a slight blood tinged discharge with a perculiar ordor but that is getting much better. I think I could say I felt better the first two weeks after surgery than having to deal with this vaginal pain sitting. I wonder if I am putting too much pressure on the lower vaginal stitches they made to do the bladder sugery. I am feeling frustrated like you and just didn't think it would take this long to recover. Please let me know how your symtoms compare.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 02:25 PM
6- week mark!

Although I kept ovaries...I've needed estrogen replacement since I hit menopause. The only reason I didn't add it then was the fibrotic uterus which I tolerated for 4 years and gave up. If I could avoid the estrogen replacement I would but I really think I have too many adverse symptoms. More power to you if you can do without.
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:34 PM
6-week mark!

With regard to the lower vaginal pain...I haven't experienced any of that for several weeks. Only after sitting in the jury box for hours at a time did I have even a slight 'catch' when I stood up. Your pain may well be from the additional procedure you had performed.

I hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 04:59 PM
6- week mark!

That is my anniversay date as well. Doing great, green light for sex, that is going good. I am back to life as normal, no pain and feeling great....
Unread 10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
6- week mark!

Hello Ladies, I was six weeks post op yesterday (9/6) and I have been feeling pretty well. After an outing, I do feel pressure/heaviness in both sides where my ovaries were. I am suffering lightheadness often, but the worst is the hot (fire) flashes. They happen mostly at night when I am trying to sleep. I had a total hysterectomy (LVAH). They took everything. I was already in menopause, but only for 1 1/2yrs. and had hot flashes, but nothing like I have now. I won't take hormones. Had breast tumor! I still wonder if I will ever feel normal again. No more uncomfortable feeling in my sides. Good Luck to All! Continue feeling better each day.
Unread 10-19-2007, 06:49 PM
6- week mark!

Hi KitKat,
I'm sorry you are still having trouble. I have the same pressure pain you are describing - I still feel like I have to hold my belly to support the pressure when I stand, or walk for more than 5 minutes. I can't sit in a chair for more than 5 minutes without having to stand to relieve pressure, and it hurts when I stand.
I have not slept on my side yet! When I tried there was too much pressure, discomfort and "bulk" feeling.
I have been getting twinges of pain - little stabs- vaginally, but not regularly. Things feel "different" when I pee - it still feels tender, and I can't control the stream, which makes me wonder if the repair worked. I decided to not worry about it until I see the urologist at the end of the month.
I think I'd call the Dr. and ask about what you are feeling - it's always better to be safe, and that's what they are there for!
I'm amazed you went back to work at 3 weeks! I sit at my job as well, and the Dr. gave me 8 weeks.
Keep us posted!
Blessings...

Joanne
Unread 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM
It's good to know I am not alone

I didn't research the bladder surgery I was having very thoroughly because I was so much more worried about the atypical complex hyperplasia cells they found in my uterus turning to cancer before they got it out of me. My doctors were wonderful in working together to get my surgery scheduled within a week. The gyn/onc surgeon told me there was a 42% chance that the cancer had already started somewhere other than where they did my biopsy. Well it turned out I was one of the 42% and a small tumor had started but only invaded the uterine wall 2mm out of the 11mm so it was still in stage 1B and a grade of 1 which is also good meaning it was slow growing. The surgeon said I need NO further treatment as the surgery performed laprascopically and removed vaginally got it all. My only concern now is that he did not take ANY lymphnode biopsies because when he examined my uterus after surgery he SAW nothing. It wasn't til the path report came back that he called to say it was cancer. I can't tell you how blessed I feel that this was found so early. My mother died of colon cancer 4 yrs ago at age 68 and I have since learned that uterine, colon and breast cancer are related and have alerted my daughters, sister and nieces to be very cognicent of they bodies and be tested. I had already entered menopause when I started having these pelvic pressure pains (like right before you deliver a baby) which I thought might be sympathy pains for my daugther who was due to deliver her first baby. Well after she had my first darling grandson in early March of this yr. I was still having the pressure pains but very, very, spuratically so I just figured I had pulled a muscle doing something. They started getting more intense around July and that was when I was due to see my doc for the yearly check up. She sent me to a GYN for a pap and vaginal ultra sound which came back with a lining measurement way too thick for not having a period for 1 1/2 yrs. So hence the uterine biopsy. Also in the ultrasound they found "something" on my bladder which she couldn't explain because she "didn't do bladders" so off to the urologist. I ended up having a cystoscopy which proved neg for any abnormalties. Thank God. So what was going to be a simple D& C became a hysterectomy with the chance of cancer and since I was already experiencing "stress incontinence" the bladder surgery at the same time....which I highly recommend if you already know you have the problem because chances are it will only get worse after a hysterectomy. My urologist explained what he was going to do...a TVT transvaginal sling, possible stitching to the vagina and a possible tacking to a bone at the top of the bladder. He said he would decide what I needed at the time of surgery. I told him to give me the works so it could be good as new. Needless to say I never thought the TVT would take so much longer to heal from. And I am still feeling the pressure pain especially when sitting. I can sit more than 5 min but am constantly moving around in my seat. This has become much more lengthy than I intended but I hope my story will be of help to someone else.
Unread 10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
6- week mark!

Kit,
I'm so glad they were able to get all of the cancer. You've been through a lot, so just do all you can to rest your body and let it heal. This is major stuff!

Blessings to you...

Joanne
Unread 10-20-2007, 01:24 PM
6- week mark!

Thanks Joanne,

Please let me know what happens at your urologist appt. Am anxious to see what they tell you about why you are still in so much pain. Hope it gets better for you.

Sounds like you are doing all you can for the constipation fortunately just the stool softners have been working for me but I was pretty regular before. Another good sorce of fiber and really good are Fiber One bars. They come in Chocolate and Peanut Butter flavor and have 4 grams of fiber each. I eat them when I am craving something sweet.

Best wishes for your recovery,

Kathy
Unread 10-20-2007, 02:15 PM
6- week mark!

Kathy,
Thanks so much for the Fiber One tip! I will let you know how it goes with with the Dr.- my appointment is on the 29th.
Take good care!

Joanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register