Pink Whistles | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pink Whistles Pink Whistles

Unread 10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Pink Whistles

I am sitting here watching the USF/Rutgers game (Go Bulls!)
During on the game, the camera shot to the referees whistle---pink!!! The announcers said that all Referees in the college league are using pink whistles this month for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.......I thought you all would like to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Pink Whistles

Thats cool. I like men who are aware. I was just diagnosed with breast cancer 11/2 yrs after my hyst.What a bummer.
Unread 10-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Pink Whistles

hipchik47,

How are you doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Pink Whistles

ok thanks for asking. I thought my hyst was a journey, hope the breast cancer isn't too bad. I don't know how things will go yet
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Pink Whistles

hipchik47,

Hey, I just noticed where you live. You live in the pretty part of Florida. I love going through Ocala on 75....the horse farms and the rolling hills. My daughter biked across Florida and they went through Ocala. She said no one can tell her that Florida doesn't have hills. You see she trained here in flat Sarasota!

When will you know about the cancer? I will be thinking of you.

Marilyn
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Pink Whistles

thanks for thinking of me Tansie. I will know more on Tuesday and friday. I love Ocala. It really is pretty. I moved to Fl from New England 2 years ago. Its so much better down here. I hated the cold.
Unread 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Pink Whistles

Funny, how you say you hate the cold. I have been down here since 1984 and I still yearn for the cold and snow. I don't get up to Ohio in the winter time very often but when I do I love. I went back for a year from 1999-2000 and it was a very very cold winter and I loved every minute of it. Yes, Florida has its seasons....spring--the Jacaranda trees come out and winter the weather is milder but oh to hear the wind whistling through the trees and your nose is bitten by Jack Frost.....but we definetly do not want Jack visiting us down here!!

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and Friday....

Unread 10-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Pink Whistles

Hey hipchik47, I haven't heard from you since October 21. Are you OK? I have been thinking of you and wondering about you.

I am still here......
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
tansie

hey tansie....Well I went to moffitt last week. I saw the head of the breast cancer dept. I loved her. Moffitt is great. Anyway, I have dcis which is the most minimal b cancer u can have. but since I hve other suspicious areas in both breats in gonna have a double mast ectomy in dec. The dr said the cancer is probably gone when they did the biopsy, si Im waiting till mid dec for surgery cuz we are going to the keys saturday for 10 days and in early dec going to disney for a week with family... first time for grandaughter. My mom had b cancer and had lumpectomys[she had 2 cancers dcis like mine, she was a nervous wreck the rest of her life thinking she would get a re ocurance. which she did cuz she had it twice....she live to be 90, but always thought she was dying.so I don't want to have to think about biopsies,mammos etc so Im good with my choice..the recovery is nothing like a hyst. I was down for weeks with my hyst. thanks for asking dcis= ductal carsinoma in situ meaning non invasive bc.
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Pink Whistles

What a fun time you are going to have hipchik47...I hope the Tropical Storm has moved out by Saturday but it should be gone within the 10 days....don't forget to go to Mallory Square at night time....a lot of fun.....also don't forget to stop and see the "boat" from African Queen on one of those islands (cannot remember which one!) Going to Disney is fun also and with your granddaughter. If you do by chance go to Downtown Disney (which is free) and want a delicious, yummy sandwich that is very reasonably priced stop at the Earl of Sandwich restaurant. The sandwiches are well worth it!

You are taking a very positive approach to your breast cancer and treatment. I can tell that you are strong. Keep me posted.

Sending good vibes to you!! Have fun in the Keys and Disney!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register