Hospital bills! - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hospital bills! Hospital bills!

Unread 12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Hospital bills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny052
I had my surgery on September 19th and my hospital is wanting the insurance company to get with it. So I called them today and they said that they "just paid it today." huh uh. The bill was $24,000 and I owe $88. I was sooo happy!! Too bad that my urologist bill wasn't paid in full...I'm still paying an over $550 bill to him.

Hope everyone elses insurance does well for you. It really takes a while though for the insurance to pay out!
Wow! Thats great (for you). I got assistance from my hospital. After insurance I owed over 1,000 I filed for help the the Bridge Assistance program (through my hospital) a few months ago. Just got word about 2 wks ago and they paid the rest in full!
I am so relieved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Hospital bills!

Ladies~~I have a hospital tale for you! My 13yo son has bone cancer. I just got the statement from the insurance company for his first 2-week hospital stay at Children's Hospital. This only includes his first 2 weeks; we just returned from another 3-week stay. Ok, are you ready? I think you need to be sitting down. Oh, before I tell you, this is only the beginning. He was just diagnosed, he still has to have surgery on his leg and his lungs, and another year of chemo; maybe more. Ok, now are you ready? Drum roll~~~~$100,000!!! And I am still paying for my surgery! Oh well. What can I do?
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Hospital bills!

I am so sorry It is a shame we don't have some kind of systme like Canada for insurance.
Prayers for you and your son.
Take care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Hospital bills!

kristi, It's hard enough to deal what you are dealing and then to think of the bills. Talk with your hospital social work department. They might be able to help you.

There's probably some local cancer support group.

You might contact your insurance, also.

Gee, I'm so sorry that you and your son are going through so much. My prayers are with you.
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Hospital bills!

Depending on your income you could get help from the state. In your case, even if your over income this would be considered emergency help. The state will cover children but not the parents. And/or they will give your son secondary insurance, covering whats left over from insurance. Your hospital may also have an assistance program, separate from State. Here you would call the accountant at your hospital to ask if they offer any programs and send you the correct paperwork. I didn't think they would help me, but they ended up paying my left over in full. So, even if you don't think it will help, it never hurts to try.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Hospital bills!

I'm so sorry Kristi. I hope that someone will direct to a place where you can find assistance for all your hospital bills. I think a good place to start would be to check with your county for Social Services, they may be able to help you or tell you how can. I am so sorry for your son. I will keep him in my prayers and you also.
Unread 12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Hospital bills!

It's highway robbery what these hospitals charge! I got my statement today, my TAH was $24,000. I had no morphine pump, no compression booties, no socks, no mesh panties, no solid meals (only liquid), no shampoo, no towels and there was a serious lack of pain meds to boot. It took an Act of Congress to get any pain relief. It was like staying at a cheap motel. I've never seen a place cut so many corners.

My statement said "Hospital Prescriptions - $8,000". I bet I didn't get $80 worth of meds in that place. How could it be $8,000? I moaned in severe pain all night long and they NEVER got on top of my pain. And that cost $8,000? Are they charging me $6000 for moaning?

It's unreal the prices and I feel sorry for those who have no insurance. My FIL was in ICU for 6 months last year. His bill was 8 million!
Unread 12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Hospital bills!

I have no idea what mine has cost ... but I went through the public health system as I copuldnt use insurance for it and by going through the public health system everything was free
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Hospital bills!

I have a HSA and my deductable is $2500 for each of us ($5000 total) and I'm covered 100% after that, but my employers pay $3000 toward the deductable so that's not too bad.
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Hospital bills!

I am so glad I didn't have to think about insurance or bill payments. Since I live in Canada, it's all paid for. There is no need for me to get anything approved ahead of time and no deductible to pay.

I didn't have to worry about anything other than myself. I'm grateful for that because I can only imagine the stress it must cause some women.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register