Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 11-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

I'm soooooo with you keptmyovaries. Life is so much brighter now! It's crazy how much pain and discomfort I was dealing with--and for years!!

Now things are looking and feeling so much better, I tell ya' it's getting pretty darn hard to stay away from the DH (he-he) . I've had to move into my own room to cool the libido...still got 4 1/2 more weeks--ARGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 02:44 PM

I agree totally with you, however my DH surprised me last nite and said he wanted to "please me" using outerplay. It was nice that he feels comfortable w/ me and it makes me feel GREAT that he doesn't look at me differently(my biggest fears)!! He said he wasn't expecting me to Big O, the first couple of times, however, I surprised him and DID!!! I cried a little because he made me feel TRULY LOVED !! I have NO intention of ANY penetration don't want to end back in the hospital w/ catheter( 24 hours eas long enough). Good luck and we can count down (27 more days to FUN!)
Unread 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM

I had my post op with both my gyno and urologist today. I had TVH, A&P repair, sling and sacro spinal fixation. I had already seen my urologist because I had to go home with a catheter. I seem to be recovering OK but a little more slowly than normal. Everything looked OK inside, but I am still swollen and in pain. The pain seems to be mainly from the sacro spinal fixation. My doctor said that will loosen up with time. He does not want me to over do it or walk too much. So, all in all. pretty good news. I was a little concerned that the pain was the result of popping a stich or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Hi my surgery was 22/10 i am still pretty stiff/sore around scar this scares me is anyone else the same - i have being having a 15min walk evey day and taking things easyish?
1st wk i felt great now i feel like 2 steps forward 1 step back?
Unread 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Surgery Oct. 24, 2007

I had my surgery on Oct. 24. I had a TLH with cervical reconstruction. I was given the ok from my doctor to go back to work. Although I have been feeling great. I have noticed that I have not yet gotten back all of my energy. I seem to run out of energy before my shift is over so I have been going home and just veg in front of the tv or with a book. The big question that I have is what changes in my life do I need to look for. Thank you Renee
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
2 weeks post-op

Well, my time warp seems to have slowed down a little. I'm able to walk a little faster, so the 90 yo ladies with walkers aren't passing me any more. I've walked 1/2 mile a couple of times this week (once around the block) but take it really slowly. I drove once this week. Wasn't bad, but seem to feel the bumps more than just riding. Don't plan on suddenly driving everywhere, but it's nice to know I can do it. I'm also down 6 pounds. Haven't tried on any normal clothes yet. Still working up the nerve.

I really want to say thanks to all my wonderful sisters. You guys have made me laugh, chuckle, and cry over your postings. You have let me see that I am normal (despite what my hubby and kids think). I know my hubby thanks you as well. He hasn't had to listen to me obsess over every part of the pre- and post-surgery stuff.

Many blessings to all of you as we continue our recovery.
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal27
Hey All! Had my TVH, A&P repair, bladder sling, and sacro somethiny something on Friday the 26h. I am still in the hospital. Surgery was at noon on Friday. Went well. I am told my uterus came out real easy. Decided to leave ovaries. The surgery only took a couple of hours. I have been sufferring quite a bit more pain than I thought I would. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain as I have sufferred from migraines for years. Even with the morphine pump, I had a lot of pain. Toredol seems to do the trick for me. They will not send me home with that. I may have to address pain meds with my doctor before I leave. The two things that are causing me pain are gas (but at least I am passing it) and the A&P repair. I have not been able to urinate on my own. They had to put the catheter back in yesterday because the pressure was hurting a lot. If I can't go today, I can either stay in the hospital another day or go home with a bag. I am tending to think I will stay here. My husband is being great about taking care of me, but I think a cath bag may be a little bit much. Plus, the nurses and nurses aids here are so great. So that is how it stands now. Hopefully things will get a little better. I am having lot of anxiety about that first BM!
Hey Golfgal27 - I too had a TVH, A/P repair, bladder sling on Oct 29th - my worst pain was A/P repair, mostly with terrible rectal pain/pressure! I didn't have a BM until the fourth day afterwards, but was real careful what I ate/drank from day one. I stayed mostly on liquids and yogurts/jello, etc. the first two days because I didn't want a BM right away. I ate fibrous foods at home and took my stool softeners religiously along with lots of fluids, and my first BM, although quite uncomfortable and scary, was not as bad as I thought. The worst part was the hour and a half of extra pain I had after aggravating the area by using it! I had a very difficult surgery - everything was more out of place (especially the rectum) than the doc thought it would be, so I had a lot of pain postop. Another thing that helped me with my first BM was peppermint tea - It helped in minutes, because I felt like my BM might not come out on its own!

I hope you are doing better - I am taking it day by day, and each day seems to be getting better and better!!

Sandy
Unread 11-08-2007, 02:12 PM

hi i had my total hysterectomy 22/10 i felt ok the 1sr wk now i fel very sore and stiff around scar although it has healed nicely - how ae you feelin - i get tired easy and weepy help
Unread 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moohaha
yay! I am really starting to feel better!

I had TAH / BSO on 10/22. Doc told my hubby that everything went well, and looked good. Pathology during surgery was negative. Still waiting for post surgical pathology. Some nausea after surgery - nurses gave me Zofran in IV and that helped immediately. I think I tried to switch to oral pain meds too soon, and had lots of gas pain and internal pain. When I went back to the pain button, it was better. I didn't really want to eat while I was so bloated. I decided the broth served in hospital probably had msg, and gave me migraine, so i stopped eating it. Jello was good. I had no trouble walking.

I came home Thursday afternoon 10/25, and slept a lot!. But the gas and bloating and horrendous cramping continued. Finally on Saturday, I had my first bm - very painful cramping, but still a relief. I am trying to drink lots of water but it is hard. Hot tea felt good. not too much, though, cause caffeine is bad. Using lactaid if I have dairy as a precaution, because that seemed to help pre-op.

Best of luck to all
hi i too had total hysterectomy on 22/10 i felt fine last wk now im feelin **** really sore and stiff round scar although it has healed my moods are vile very weepy how are you feelin?
Unread 11-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noz
I have pain in my left side above my incision. It makes me nervous. I had pain in that area before the surgery. Yesterday I stayed down more and put ice/heat on the area. I noticed this morning when I woke up that it didn't hurt until I walked around.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have been really careful not to sit too long and walk and not lift anything.
hi i had hyster 22/10 total i am in some slght pain and soreness too around scar - scarry i walk a little every day help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register