Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 11-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogs2cats
My pathology report came out fine which I was grateful for. I'm not doing quite as much activity as you. A few dishes, folding a bit of laundry and banking at the computer. My kids are thrilled I've started the Harry Potter series (on book 2 now) and I watched the movie "facing the giants" and had a good cry. When I'm up for too long my abdomen gets really tight and I know it's time to lay down. I don't sleep all that well because I have to wake up to move with all the pillows that surround me. Over all though, I feel like each day is a bit better. I have no ovaries and no HRT but so far it's been okay, just mild hot flashes (more like "warmings") and some emotionality.
-Carol
Hey 2dogs2cats- I just finsihed the last book of Harry Potter. I reluctantly started reading them when book 7 came out. I have scoffed at my sisters and mom for years for reading kids books. But I had to see what all the fuss was about. I became immediately hooked and had to eat my words. I saved book 7 for recovery. SO GOOD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey Barb,
I bet your hormones are going wacky, BUT it also probably gave you a kick to do something you just hadn't done and needed to. As long as you feel good about your decision later. Don't over think it, you'll make yourself crazy.
-Carol
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:58 PM

golfgal,
The books (Harry Potter) can become addicting. Now I understand why I couldn't get my kids away from them. I watched the 1st movie after the first book, wish they hadn't left out some of the parts. I read 100 pages today in the second one. I need to take a break and start scrapbooking though!
carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks Carol,
I needed the reasurrance, I made the right decision. Gonna be easy on my hormones, (lol) they deserve a break. So gonna not over think it now, Thanks
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:26 PM

What a fast two and a half two weeks! Seems like I was just making preparations for the surgery and now here I am finally getting my wits back about me.
I got my pathology report and WOW did they take out alot! Dr said my uterus was extremely enlarged and he took one ovary due to severe endo covering it. He said he stayed to watch the plastic surgeon and was amazed by the whole tummy tuck proceedure. He then called the other Dr.s and nurses into the room and showed them my incision. He told everyone that the plastic surgeon fromved a 22cm by 40cm of skin and 4 inches of fat. He said the excess skin weighed 3lbs. I am 15 lbs lighter than I weighed the day of surgery.
I still wear my support garmet and have started using the Arnica body oil on my belly at the end of the day for my muscle soreness. It really does help. I am also using Calendula Essential cream on the incision itself and that helps to keep the scarring down.
I am having some night sweats and I get moody at times, but I don't think I want to try HRT at this time, heck I've always been a little...um..."moody" at times! LOL!
Here's to healthy healing!
Rose
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:37 PM

Dang, did you insurance cover that I am fighting mine for confusion on iv meds switched to oral I have issues with my belly want it toner after, but can't use insurance
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:57 AM

Morning Sisters
Well its the 2 1/2 week mark I'm feeling good but sore in the belly maybe overdone it a bit, walking in the morning did drive yesterday to pick up friend who was stranded went Grocery shopping with DH and a quick visit with MIL for a cup of tea Totally wore me out Is any one else just so TIRED.. I just read someone (i've forgotten who lol) is back to work at 2 weeks I cant imagine and feel a bit wimpy. ZigZag your not making decisons to soon I too have downsized my residential customers as I've been recovering they seemed a bit surprized but I feel beter about it. Hope your all feeling well Time to get in the shower and go for a walk to you all
karen
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:27 AM

Received my pathology report and surgical report yesturday, all"s well here also. I had a lot of fun looking up all the medical terms in the reports so I could actually understand them. Sore today. I'm glad for ALL my hystersisters that got a clean bill of health.
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:27 PM

Ladies:

I went out yesterday to my niece's birthday/house warming family get together. The drive was over 1 1/2 hours!! We didn't think it would take that long. Anyway, I sat on the recliner the whole time and ate a little of everything! I sure did! LOL (I wanted to make sure I was there for her. This is her first family get together.)

We got home about 11:30 pm and I was sooo tired!!! DH was exhaused too and went straight to bed. The kids (7 & 11) slept all the way home and then woke up just long enough to go to bed (clothes and all). LOL So of course that left me to feed the cats (3). By this time they were meowing all over the place!! Poor things!! But poor me!!

I did sleep pretty good!!

The only thing going on now is I have discharge everyday. Not too much but just enough to be an inconvenience. It is dark brown, probably stitches disolving I've been told. Oh well, I just hope it doesn't stain!!

I hope everyone is doing good.
You are all in my prayers!!

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:40 PM

The discharge is normal for 4 to 6 weeks my doctor said. I find wearing a thin panty liner works, and isn't to uncomfortable. I had the latvh, and I swear she cut me from entrance to end to my cervix, worse than an epesionomy sorry(sp) My hormones are of the charts lately, crying one minute, making snap decisions. Still tire easily.
Take care of your self

Barb
latvh oct. 23 2007
keep ovaries fibroids and precancer and that word i can't remember, meaning uterus bleeding and mushy(what doc said)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register