Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

I have the left side pain, my doc. told me before surgery I had a high tolerance on pain. I am curious about the left side, she said she had to cut more muscle Have scar but less than right side , thinking my insides need to heal.tell ya I'm tired, of pain, mood swings, and now, Ihave IBS my reg doc said milk of mag. 2 years ago. worked before this i can't find anything to help relief the build up. was managable before surgery Hard to eat I feel so full, I can't eat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM

I think I have messed things up. I had an A&P repairs. As you ladies know who had prolapse, you know something is not right. Your innards are just not the way they are supposed to be. For the last several days, I have had something hard protruding into my perimeum area. It feels like I have something lodged in my rectum. I know. Gross and too much information. I have had a very hard time with BM's since my surgery. I think I might have blown another recotocele or something. Perhaps an impacted bowel. I an just feel that something is wrong. I was not going to post until after my doctor appointment tomorrow. But I am really anxious. Not to mention sick to my stomach because of these bowel problems. I just want my trips to the athroom not to be such a big event!!! If I have to have another surgery I will cry. My husband has been so great, I don't know if he could take another one. I will post after my doctor's appointment.
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal27
I think I have messed things up. I had an A&P repairs. As you ladies know who had prolapse, you know something is not right. Your innards are just not the way they are supposed to be. For the last several days, I have had something hard protruding into my perimeum area. It feels like I have something lodged in my rectum. I know. Gross and too much information. I have had a very hard time with BM's since my surgery. I think I might have blown another recotocele or something. Perhaps an impacted bowel. I an just feel that something is wrong. I was not going to post until after my doctor appointment tomorrow. But I am really anxious. Not to mention sick to my stomach because of these bowel problems. I just want my trips to the athroom not to be such a big event!!! If I have to have another surgery I will cry. My husband has been so great, I don't know if he could take another one. I will post after my doctor's appointment.
Hey golfgal - Let me know how you are doing tomorrow - I had my TVH, A/P repair and bladder sling on Oct. 29th - Hope things are okay and it's just an impaction.

Sending best wishes and good thoughts and HUGS your way!

Will keep you in my prayers - Keep me posted-

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:58 AM

Golfgal
Hope all is ok. Maybe just hemorrhoids? I have to be so careful what I eat to keep things soft in there. It seems any flour I eat has to be countered with twice as much fruits and veggies. I eat dried fruit and nuts to snack and only one sugar treat a day. Salad every day and I am still taking stool softener twice a day. Fruit smoothies help alot because I can get a couple of fruits at once in me.
Good luck in there today. Keep us posted. I had same procedure and am, due for checkup thurs. I am curious as to what the checkup consists of? Do they do an internal exam?
Sending prayers and Hugs.
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Had lots of pain on left side, called Dr and had 10am appt. He thinks I pulled a muscle, asked how long post-op, said 3 weeks he decided not to do an internal yet(thank goodness) . Bed rest next 24-48 hours, not better by Fri. call him(might have a hernia? doesn't think so, but you never know). I'm so tired of being bed ridden!!! I hate the fact I feel helpless!! Dr says incision healing nicely and looks good.
Unread 11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
update

had my doctor's appoitnment today. All is well. No new rectocele or hemeroid. Doctor said everything felt good to the doctor. He said what I felt were my sutures. We talked about getting my bowels in order. He said people with the repairs I had often have constipation problems. He is having my add Miralax to my diet. I am also going to really work on my diet. I eat a pretty good amount of fruit already. Any suggestions would be good. It seems that I am battling one end of the spectrum or the order. Once I make an effort to work on constipation, I end up with the runs. I think if I could get my stomach in order, I could start doing a little work at home.
Unread 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Had my two week today. No internal check, just talk with the Doc. Pathology report was good--just fibroids like we thought.

She was impressed with how I'm doing and we discussed risk of activity leading to adhesions. This has been a concern of mine since I work out regularly and am itching to get things moving again. I explained that I started walking 2 miles daily after the first week home.

She told me that was the best thing I could have done and that moving around (i.e. walking, stretching, light activities around the house) is the only helpful thing you can do to avoid the adhesions from setting in. However, I suppose it depends on the shape you are in before your sugery and the type of surgery you have.

She gave me the all clear for everything except sex--still got 4 more weeks for that. Bummer!! It has, however, been good communication therapy for my DH and I, so I'm happy about that...

I'm so glad I made this decision and now that I'm back in the gym it feels really good! Best wishes to all of my sisters.
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
3 Week Check up

Had a 3-week check up today since my convalescence leave was up this weekend (military doctor only gave me 3 weeks). The gyn said everything was going well, but she didn't think I was ready to go back to work. I agreed with her. She gave me another note to give to my base doctor saying I needed the full 6 weeks off. I took it to him and he signed new paperwork extending my leave to 6 Dec. I was soooooo relieved! Now not to overdo it...
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:00 PM

Today I had a few milestones. I put on a pair of jeans (and they fit), and I drove. I may have overdone it a bit. I went to go to the store and picked a balloon out then went to the high school to deliver to my son for his birthday, but when I got there, they don't deliver balloons. I thought to myself, you don't know what I went through to get here!. Anyway... now I'm pretty much spent. I have pains where my ovaries were, I know they aren't there now, so I'm guessing the pain is just where the stitches are or something. Tomorrow I'm staying home and just walking a bit.
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM

I had TAH on 24th, Sadly it was afternoon appointment so I was at the hospital at 12.30pm, they sent DH home about 1pm and I waited until 4.15pm before they wheeled me in. I woke up at about 8.30pm in quite a lot of pain which recovery staff advised to use morphine pump a few times. I was quite frightened and crying but once morphine kicked in I was asking hubby to check my scar and tell me what it looked like.

They advised me that there was complications removing my cervix(distorted) and surgery was 3 & 1/2 hrs, and that I would need blood transfusion as I had lost quite a lot of blood. So I sent my squeamish DH home but never had transfusion, I was checked every hour and they took blood regularly for heamoglobin levels,and was in quite a lot of pain throughout the night.

By morning when I was ready for a shower and broke my cannula so that came out as well as catheter and I felt alot more comfortable after that. I was walking around by lunchtime and released on the friday 26/10.

I had MIL here for 3 weeks so I was more than ready to send her home a few days ago so I didnt feel the need to entertain her, I have been good up until she left and have been sore since(probably doing too much) I just cant stand to see mess around but I have to keep telling myself no...leave it for someone else to do, started driving again as well so that includes errands etc.
I look forward to not being as sore as time goes on....happy healing ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register