Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

I am still sore, and more problems with bm, even with milk of mag. fill bloated even if a go a bit like theres a plug there, painful. having lots of pain in lowest left side about 2 inches down and 2 over from lap. incision? Is that my bowels? or maybe from vaginal cutting?
Just want to get back to normal. humm can't hardly remember that time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
over at last

Had my TVH on October 25. It was time to put an end to those long, flooding periods that had been ruling my life!
Surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am. I changed into my lovely gown and did all the üsual things (getting IV, talking to anestesiologist etc) I remember going into the O.R. and the anestesiologist giving me something to help me relax. The last thing I remembered was sitting up for the spinal. Something cold and wet on my back and then the next thing I knew I was awake and it hadn't even been an hour. I think the worst part was being nauseus (sp? ) all day and the itching. I didn't expect the itching. Spent a long night just trying to get comfortable, my back hurt from being in bed all day. Slept off and on. Everytime I got to sleep the nurse would come in to check blood pressure.
The next morning I got to shower, and I felt like a new woman! Walked all over the floor, couldn't stay in bed any longer. So my Doctor said I could go home. I was there only 26 hours.
Got home and had fun watching my husband run around doing all my work. He did it all with a loving heart. I am very lucky!!!
Really didn't have any pain at all. Little bit of gas, one or two cramps and that was it!! It was worth it. A few days of discomfort for a lifetime free of periods. Yes! Best thing I ever did.
Unread 11-13-2007, 10:38 PM

I am in my 4th week now....I have a hard time sitting. Does anyone else have that problem? Also, the BM are still very moving and painful. I am frustrated because I feel pretty good except for sitting and BM. I walk all over, avoid driving (the clutch is too hard for me right now). I thought I would be a lot further by now.

I know I am healing but I am impatient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM

Goodmorning Sisters
Ok Posted a few that talked about me being a bit at 3 weeks post op but I'm going to get off my butt go walk the dog then go for my first By myself to the store Getting out and seeing people may improve my mood. Hope all of you are doing well I have to say I have begun to rely on the updates and stories from all of you it makes me feel UNDERSTOOD Thanks girls This is good I was begining to have a pity party I'll check back later
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM

Tomorrow is 3 weeks and I'm feeling pretty good. Yesterday was my first time to drive which was no problem but did have a backache when I got home.....probably stayed out too long. Now I do light housework for an hour or so in the mornings, rest till lunch, take a walk after lunch and make an easy dinner when that time comes.......thank goodness for so many premade items at the stores these days! My biggest gripes are the bm's and discharge. I am ready to be rid of these pads!! I had a hematoma burst 10 days postop and after a couple of days of really heavy discharge I am left with a slow drip.....way irritating! Dr. says all is fine as long as it doesn't get heavier or change to bright red but I'm soooo ready to be over it. Thanks to everyone for their posts cause it really helps us all to realize that most of what we are going thru is normal. Hugs to you all!
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

It was 3 weeks yesterday since my op, am doing really well. Just keep reminding myself what the first week was like and realise how far I have come.

Bladder and bowel back to normal at last, slight discharge but nothing too bad. Still crampy at times especially in the evenings, find my wheat heat pad a god send.

I am doing light housework now and also walking a bit more. Find sitting in a car more uncomfortable than actually walking.

Enjoying this site

Heather - 40

TVH - 10/23/07
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies:

Tomorrow I'll be 3 weeks post op and now I have started to bleed vaginally. I now have to wear a pad.

Is this normal???

It scares me because it is bright red. Could I have popped a stitch somewhere or something? I have not been out - just to my 2 wk check up which went very well. I have been taking very easy - no housework. I did have cramping (like menstrual) this morning.

Please advise.
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM

You should probably call your Dr. don't think it should be bright red. Never hurts to put a phone call in for that peace of mind. Good luck and keep us updated.
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:24 PM

I just did a search on this website and it said under articles post op bleeding that if you soak through a pad and it's bright red to call the doctor. I agree with Tina to call the doctor. Never hurts to check. I have had cramping, but no bleeding yet and my 3 weeks is tomorrow also. Let us know.
Take care.
Carol
(p.s. does anyone know how you get your signature and stuff under the line at the end so many people have? I can't figure it out).
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Signature

First you have to go to control panel then go to edit signature. Then you type whatever you want for your signature. Hope that helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register