Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

I find it difficult to sit staight up as well. I can for a little bit, but then just feel like my insides are mushed together. In the car, I end up reclining the seat back when I'm riding. I can drive for a little bit, but it is different than riding, so limit is as much as possible.

I haven't had the needle like pains you talk about. Mine is just a soreness--more cramp like. That's usually in the evening or if I try to do too much. I haven't seen any stitches dissolving yet either.

Take it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM

No stiches dissolving here yet either. Is it possible to not see them? Do they ever get absorbed internally?

It is odd to see our recovery progress reports for dates Oct 22-Oct 29 at the bottom of the page vs. the top.
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:52 AM

I too find it difficult to sit upright or directly on my bottom for very long, although I had a difficult rectal repair from the prolapse, so I was mostly attributing it to that. However, I do notice that when I sit upright for a little while, it starts to aggravate my abdomen and give me some pain in there, so it must not be just from the rectal repair. I am three weeks today! It's been a long road, and seems like it has been six weeks! I have been driving since last week, taking the kids to school only. I went for a 45 minute ride to their hockey practice and then back, but staying at their practices was too long to be out for me. I can sneeze now mostly without any pain, although I brace myself anyway. I cough every day - I have allergies that exacerbate my cough variant asthma - and the coughing hurts more than anything else, even when I brace my abdomen. The thing that worries me is I go back to work on the 28th, and although I work at home, I sit at a computer for the whole eight hour shift. Right now I still can't imagine sitting in any position anywhere for more than 30 minutes! I might have to start back half days for that week, then go to full days. I constantly have to shift my position, then eventually lay down or sit in some kind of leaning or reclining position. It's encouraging that some of you have gone on two hour car rides and such - I'm supposed to be flying to North Dakota with my son for a hockey tournament on Friday after Thanksgiving, and I have been worried about whether or not I'll be able to handle it. We'll be gone the whole weekend, but I'll be able to rest in the room and send my son with his team to do stuff, so my thought is that I could almost rest as much there as I would here - maybe rest more there? Anyone else contemplating a trip or have taken one? Am I crazy to think I can do this?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM

slpante, I think as long as you listen to your body and rest when you need to, you should be fine.

I took a ride to my in-laws yesterday with my DH. It's an hour trip each way. I am 4 weeks post op today. I had to recline my seat in the car and my sides and back were so sore. Last night I had shooting pains, down low. I thought I'd be able to handle it. The ride just was not comfortable.

Hang in there ladies, we're getting there!

Christine
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM

splante- You and I had the same surgery. No way could I ride in a car for more than 30-45 minutes. Saturday we went out to look at some houses about 45 minutes from our house and that really wore me out. It is the recatal repair. It is a killer. If it was not for that, I could probably be back to work. In the last two days, I finally had a BM that was not traumatic! It still hurt and I had to lie down, but it did not involve me screaming swear words at the top of my lungs!
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:39 PM

I went on a 7 hour car ride Wednesday and back 7 hours on Thursday. DH drove most of it, but I drove a little to give him a break (no, I'm not crazy either ). We had to take our DD to a doc appointment for her scoliosis. I was worn out when we returned. I did take 1/2 Percoset that night (hadn't taken any in about 5 days).

Slplante, recline your seat back once you can to help make it more comfortable. You'll also want to get up once in a while and walk the aisle (not sure how long your flight it). We stopped every so often so we could all stretch our legs. Be sure to take your pain meds even if you haven't had to take them lately. I would rather you had them and not needed them, then the other way around. I also think the 1/2 days sound good until you reach the 6 week point.
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Well, I started back to work , I'm a hair salon manager/receptionist. My boss is the absolute best. I came back from 9-12 last week and this week 9-1or2 depends on how I feel. Basically, I just sit at the desk and answer the phone, make appts. and check out the clients along w/ some paperwork. I don't leave the desk except to use the restroom. My co-workers have all been wonderful and the clients actually MISSED ME!

I'll be 4 weeks post-op tom (11/20) can't believe it where did the time go. Ok , still no "visible" stitches or foul odor, does this mean I'm NOT healing inside yet. Every now and then I get a tugging sensation but was told its normal along w/ a burning sensation under my incision.

I hope all you wonderful HysterSisters have a great Thanksgiving. We're having pizza (LOL) My best friend was suppose to cook however she now has to work at 6pm since everyone else requested off. So, I asked my DH and DDs what they wanted and my oldest DD said pizza, hey why not. It's not about what food you eat , just about your family. This way we don't have to get out of our pjs and we can watch movies and play games as a family. I can't wait.

Good Luck to everyone and have a great turkey (family) day!!
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Hey PrincessJasmine,

I too find it difficult to sit on hard chairs. Last Saturday I went out to my best friend's house for dinner and luckily the lounge chair had been positioned right near the table so that I could still easily partake in conversation (even though I was slightly lower than everyone else). At home I also try to have my feet up in I am sitting in a lounge chair as I was told this helps with circulation.

I am going back to work after 6 weeks so I am really hoping I can drive by then. I work two days per week in private practice so I guess that if I have to be driven it will be ok. I will be back to work just for the week prior to Christmas and then have 10 days off again.

I must say the disruption to my work has always been a major consideration for me as I work for myself and I had to factor in loss of income. Oh well.......that's life in the big city!

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Hystera
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal27
splante- You and I had the same surgery. No way could I ride in a car for more than 30-45 minutes. Saturday we went out to look at some houses about 45 minutes from our house and that really wore me out. It is the recatal repair. It is a killer. If it was not for that, I could probably be back to work. In the last two days, I finally had a BM that was not traumatic! It still hurt and I had to lie down, but it did not involve me screaming swear words at the top of my lungs!
I am so glad, GolfGal, to hear that I'm not crazy - that it is really hard! I think it's the rectal repair too - I believe like you do - had I not had the rectal repair, I would be so much better at this point!! And are you bloated with lots of painful gas, and can you feel the BMs as they start moving towards the "outer limits?" I did notice that yesterday I kind-of over did it at a store, and my back and sides were hurting too - I was more achy today too after having done that.

Sandy
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy327
I went on a 7 hour car ride Wednesday and back 7 hours on Thursday. DH drove most of it, but I drove a little to give him a break (no, I'm not crazy either ). We had to take our DD to a doc appointment for her scoliosis. I was worn out when we returned. I did take 1/2 Percoset that night (hadn't taken any in about 5 days).

Slplante, recline your seat back once you can to help make it more comfortable. You'll also want to get up once in a while and walk the aisle (not sure how long your flight it). We stopped every so often so we could all stretch our legs. Be sure to take your pain meds even if you haven't had to take them lately. I would rather you had them and not needed them, then the other way around. I also think the 1/2 days sound good until you reach the 6 week point.
Thanks Becky - good points! My fliight is around two hours, so not really long, but then I have to get in a rental car and drive another hour and a half. My biggest concern is walking across the airports- I'm still pretty slow! Also, getting the luggage off of the carousel - maybe it'll have to go around a few times before my son can get it all! LOL I haven't had any Percocet since right before my two week mark, and I have been able to take less ibuprofen - now when I need it as opposed to on a schedule. I was thinking of taking all of my meds - the pain pills, ibuprofen, stool softener (which I'm not taking now) and anti-gas - just so I have everything at hand - you never know, right? I'm pretty sure I can have my son hang out with the other kids and some parents on the team, so I can just chill in the hotel room and only go to his games - I don't plan on doing team stuff. Maybe that way I can rest some more as if I were at home. Our plane tickets are changeable, so if we get to Thursday and I'm not feeling like I can handle it, I can always change the tickets, but I would have a very disappointed boy if he had to miss his tournament. Ultimately, though, I don't want to put myself in a bad spot and do something I cannot, if I don't feel like I can pull it off.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their travel stories - it really is helpful for me to gauge where I'm at, as well as know that I'm not alone!!

Sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register