Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Goodness I think all you ladies are doing terrific especially all you that have had a TAH having had a LSH 4 weeks po tomorrow I feel like I have stepped backwards Have Ovaries and been having flashes not sleeping and BM problems. I' have been drinking gallons of water and walking. Thinking of taking a mild laxative but it "killed me last time so I'm trying benefiber 3x a day hoping to feel better by Thansgiving. Anyone else get this constipated? I dont have to travel far about 90 min we usually take two cars cause DH goes visitiing I go help cook and bring a lg dog with me LOL but this yr we are riding together I want to try work by next week so praying that works out. It so helps reading your stories knowing we all heal diffrentley but we'll get there. Wishing you all a very Happy Thansgiving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Lap Hyst (kept ovaries) on 10.25.07

I was wondering how others are feeling that had a lap. hysterectomy (with ovaries left in) about now. I am having alot of bowel issues after I eat!!! It seems everytime I eat something, Im in the bathroom soon after with bad cramping! I don't even want to eat anymore, cause I know it will make me sick and put me back in the bathroom! I don't have much of an appetite and when I do eat. it doesn't taste right. Is this normal??? I havn'e lost any weight though, so I think I'm ok. I just have no appetite.
Unread 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM

To keptmyovaries:
I am having the total opposite. I wish I were constipated as opposed to what Im having! But I don't sleep well at night either. I cannot seem to get a good nights sleep at all. I can sleep during the day... but Ive been trying to stay awake all day thinking that would make me sleepy at night, but that doesnt work either.... its wierd! But Ive seen many postings about not being able to sleep at night, so it seems to be normal. I just wish I could eat and not get so sick afterwards!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 07:02 PM

So sorry to hear you ladies don't want to eat. I don't have my ovaries but I have no problem eating. I am not a big eater but I still eat. I really don't have any bowel problems but I usually don't go everyday usually every other day,which is ok with me. I do still get terrible GAS pains whenever i eat anything. Sometimes it hurts so bad I double over in pain. As far as sleeping at night I never have been a good sleeper. I am probably sleeping the same as I did before surgery. I get up at least 2 times a night to pee.Then I sometimes have a hard time going back to sleep. I don't sleep during the day because then I definetly wouldn't sleep at night. Hope you both start to feel better soon. Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM
4 week check up

Tomorrow is my 4 week check up and I'm hoping it won't be painful.....I'm kind of dreading it. I had to have an exam at 10 days due to a hematoma and it was quite painful. I am still dealing with a bladder infection and now have started a new discharge which I am hoping is related to dissolving stitches. I know, way tmi! I plan on leaving tomorrow afternoon and making a 3 hour drive to my mom's house for Thanksgiving. I'll be doing the driving myself so I'm a little nervous. I am hoping the heated seats will keep my back from hurting too much. I haven't had pain meds in several weeks but I'm taking my leftovers just in case I need them when I get there. My energy level has been good but then again I have been taking it slowly. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Don't know what I would have done without this website.....thanks everyone.
Unread 11-21-2007, 01:07 AM

Hey Sisters,

Totally aside from having had a TAH 14 days ago and feeling that I am recovering quite well......I just can't help wishing I lived in America so that I could be going to a Thanksgiving Dinner!!! You lucky girls, your plans sound lovely.

Today I went shopping with my sister for a total of 3 hours (2 hours sitting and then slowly walking around the shopping center buying a few Christmas presents). It has totally knocked me out and I am now needing complete bed rest for the rest of the day!! My jelly belly is also much more swollen than it was yesterday so I wont be out shopping for perhaps another week.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Hyster Sisters.

Lots of love,

Hystera
Unread 11-23-2007, 03:31 PM

I can't believe it's been 4 weeks! Overall, I'm feeling pretty good, but still get tired easily. I did a little too much yesterday when family was over. Not cooking, but just being on my feet too much. No shopping for me today! I am getting frustrated with not having the stamina I'm used to having. Wednesday, I picked up DD from school and went to a bookstore to pick up a b-day present. I was in the store for about 10 minutes. While in there, just got so tired! Bought the book and went home to rest. I was hoping to get to the grocery store to pick up a couple of last minute items, but knew if I went I would have given out in the middle of the store. I just want to be able to get out and get my stuff done without needing to take a nap in the middle of it! I hope my stamina level is better for when I go back to work.
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:14 PM

Hey bu0407 how was your checkup? I go for my 5 week check-up on Monday. I was wondering what the Dr. will do. Can you tell me what your Dr. did? I am scared to go and I really don't know why. I guess maybe I am afraid of her doing an internal. I have been sore from day 1 of my surgery and I am just starting to not have soreness so I don't want to be in any pain. Hope you or someone can tell me what to expect. Thanks have a great weekend
Unread 11-23-2007, 09:06 PM

The checkup went great. My doctor did an internal exam and it was no big deal at all. I was nervous cause I had had that one at 10 days that hurt like heck but this one was not even uncomfortable at all. We just talked about any problems that I was having, questions I had etc and then she told me she wanted to see me again in 2 months. I then drove 4 hours to my mom's for Thanksgiving. I was a little stiff but did great all day on Thanksgiving and drove another 4 hours back home today. I do plan on taking it easy the rest of the weekend but I really feel like I have turned the corner. I am still having spotting but she checked everything out and said it was just the dissolving stitches.......I'm so ready to ditch the pads!! Good luck on Monday. I hope your check up goes as well as mine. Kim
Unread 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Well Thanksgiving was at my house but my sister came over to clean and my husband cooked . We also used paper plates and plastic silverware. Had a great time. I still was up a lot and was sore that night. Friday I didn't do to much but today I went shopping to 2 different stores and out to lunch. I also drove about 30 min. both ways. I was tired but not too sore. I'll rest the rest of the day. Just a bit of a headache. I also feel I've turned a corner. I can definately do more now, just really have to watch how much. Energy is still low. Never had spotting or anything. My dr. appt. isn't until 6 weeks, right before I go back to work. Sure appreciate all your posts to see how our progress is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register