Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

Unread 04-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

how is everyone feeling 6 months out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 04:04 PM

Feeling great. Other than some acne issues I've had no hormone problems with the patch. I'm taking spironolactone to deal with the acne and it has really helped so here I am 6 months out and so glad I am no longer dealing with all those problems I had before my tah. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm feeling pretty good except for the achy muscles which has never gone away. I have been fairly active and sex has been pretty normal, although I don't really have much of a drive. I don't have many hot flashes (I am not on any hormones) I used to have about 5 or 6 a day, but now maybe one a day. I do try to drink soy milk every day, as I heard that helps. I still have a little pot belly, I gained back the 10 pounds I lost during the first few weeks of recovery. I am still fairly numb around the incision site. I have discovered that Fiber one cereal is good, but the fiber one bars (that taste so good with the chocolate on top) give you lots of gas. I stopped eating them and most of the gas problem went away. My husband figured since I wasn't eating them he would, funny when 3 days later he complained of so much gas.!! I tried to warn him. Now tomorrow I am going over to see a friend that is 1 week post op. Hopefully she has logged into the site as I recommended for her. And lastly, I don't miss my periods AT ALL. yeah....
Hoping to hear from all of you.
Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM

I am doing pretty good. I have to say, I do not miss my uterus much. The hysterectomy part of my operations was not too hard to get over. It was the rectocele and cystocele. In particular the rectocele. Let's just say, I could not have gone back to work earlier than I did do to the screams of agony emanating from the bathroom several hours a day! My sling is a little on the tight side but I understand that will ease up. If I stand a long time I get cramps in my bladder (I played golf yesterday and was pretty pooped after). All in all, pretty good. Glad I did it.
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM

I am still trying to get the hormones right. Was on Premarin until about 4 weeks ago, never felt right. Doing Vivelle Dot now. Back still hurts but I am back to playing tennis 3-4 times a week. Not really sorry but still not sure I am glad I didn't push to keep ovaries. Hadn't had any menapause symptoms until after the surgery.
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM

Hi Ladies!!!
I can't believe it's been 6 months already!!! Time just flew by!!!
I am still pretty achy all over. I walk a lot and stand about four hours a day (teaching). Insomnia creeps in now and then. My bowel movements never returned to the same before the surgery. They are still pretty sluggish no matter what I do.
My sister ended up having a hysterectomy about three weeks ago. I told her about this site, of course, but she is really not into computers.
It's been really hot here in So Cal; we're at about 100. I don't know if it's due to the surgery but I simply cannot stand it. I went to a birthday party this weekend and could not stay outside in the patio area very long. I'm pretty sure I got dehydrated because now I feel tired and have had a "light" headache all day.
I hope all you ladies out there are doing great!!!
Tootles!!!
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 22-Oct 29,2007

It's my six month hysterversary today - Overall I'm doing pretty well. I have had lots of issues with stubborn and recurring yeast infections, probably because in my postoperative course I had five courses of antibiotics in about three months! (Long story - bladder bacteria/uti/kidney infection, etc). I'm hoping I have kicked the yeast finally, but have had to "start over" as far as the sex (discomfort), which is a bummer. I guess if you don't use it, you lose it (or at least it gets rusty!) :-) I can still get really tired, am starting to walk and exercise. I still get aches and pains here and there, my bladder sling seems a little tight, but overall things are going well. I'm glad I had the surgery, but hope I don't have any more problems, infections, etc.!

The surgery seems like such a long time ago, and I am glad for that! Things are slowly getting back to normal, and hopefully my energy will get back to where it was pre-surgery soon!

Good to hear all of the updates!
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:00 AM

I reached my six months last week and I feel much better. I started Bio-Identical Hormones about a month and a half ago and my menopausel symptoms have stared to decrease. My hot flashes and night sweats are less than they were before. My energy level is better and my moods, well let's put ir this way, I no longer want to yell at everyone around me. I thought I was going to be a crazy menopausel women forever. Bio-Identical hormones, a good diet, exercise and a good nights sleep are the answers. I truly believe we do not have to suffer so much.
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:42 AM

Well, Im happy to say I am feeling really good. Back to work with lots of moving and bending and only feel a little pull in my butt once in a while where they tacked things back up. Much more comfortable after a long day on my feet than I was before the surgery.
A little pain during sex like after I had an epesiotomy.( that took quite a while to go away completly after that also). I still have my ovaries but cant really tell when they are or are not working.(Dont miss the bleeding at all!!!)

I do miss all the time off from work and such. It was kind of nice being able to lay around so much! Oh well, someday when I get really old maybe Ill have time like that again. For now, Life is back in full swing. Hope everyone enjoys the spring weather and beautiful flowers. Glad your all doing well....L.

P.S. My sister K goes in for same procedure in May. Hope you are all there for her the way you were for me! Thanks
Unread 05-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 22 - Oct 29, 2007

Hey girls... been a while since I logged on. Good to see everyone is feeling much better. I'm feeling really good.. finally got my membership card for the "I'm So Glad I Did It!" club. Just curious.. is anyone still having some tugging and pain around the incision site. I swear sometimes I have a pain that feels like my ovary but I don't have any ovaries anymore! Just wondering....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register