Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism

I will make this quick, since the hospital internet keeps knocking me off.

I had TVH 10/15, nearly died in recovery and now am back in hospital with pulmonary embolism. The doc (one I've never met) has basically told me this may very well kill me, and I'm terrified. Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I doomed? Should I have not had the surgery and just stayed home and dealt with the pain while appreciating my family more?

I feel like a complete loser and have been crying for over an hour. Please - anyone, something?
dina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Dina:

I'm so sorry about the embolism. I know that they can be serious, but you're in the best place to receive treatment and careful monitoring. How scary! I can understand why you're second-guessing your surgery. But I can't imagine deciding not to have surgery and to live with the pain. That's not much of a life, is it?

I've never been through the complications that you have, but I know two women who've had pulmonary emboli -- one older, and one quite young. Both survived and are living life happily and normally after their scares. They received prompt treatement, which they credit for their good outcomes.

Hang in there, Dina. We're all pulling for you here at Hystersisters. Use our collective strength to beat this setback! I hope that the worst is behind you and that you look back and discover that you did the right thing, despite your rocky road.

HUGS!!!

Dawn
Unread 10-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Hi Toast!
wow I am sorry you are back in the castle. I was almost there Thursday, the day after I got home for a leg blood clot. turned out i did not have it. I went for my staple ceremony today, and i have a just above my inscision infection , a monster bladder infection, and yeast infection in my mouth! I am so miserablewith pain and I also have your exact thoughts. i am not expert on this , but i do know we need to keep as positive as possible! I know one doesnt heal as well.without a good attitude. i do feel you there sister! It really stinks. as long as your in the Hospital on the meds following Drs orders, the risk lessens. they can always do surgery or dissolve the clot i think. im sorry i cant help you more. i can pray for you and give you my best wishes.. let me know when you get better! I think you will get through this!
TAH BSO 10-16-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 10:07 PM

I just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery are going up for you!
try to hold good thoughts! And dont lose faith!
We are with you in thought and spirit!
God Bless! and let us know how you are doing!
Unread 10-23-2007, 01:28 AM

thank you so much ladies -- the nurse has helped put me at ease a bit too, and made me feel less like I've just received a death sentence. I'm disappointed that I'll be staying back at the castle again for awhile (although they do have by-order room service for food and I notice the chores do not build up here). I will stay positive because of all of your positive inute.

I am so glad I finally joined this site. I wish I had done it sooner, and will promise to "pay it forward" with positive vibes to new members once I am in a completely positive and recovering frame of mind. To do otherwise would not help at all. Thank you thank you thank you.

Dina
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:40 AM

toastntea

I'm so sorry you're back in hospital again ~ I can't believe the rough ride you've had through all this.

Through previous work, I know of countless numbers of people ~ men and women, young and old ~ who suffered pulmonary emboli and lived to tell the tale. Yes, it is serious, but you're in the best possible place.

Keep your chin up and keep us posted? We're here to support you every step of the way!

Unread 10-23-2007, 03:28 AM

I had a PE too, a week after surgery. Pretty scary huh?!They are mostly only life-threatening if left untreated, so if you're in hopsital getting the tummy injections, everything is okay

I know it's a pain being back in hospital, but look at it from the positive point of view - forced bedrest is a great way to heal from your surgery.

Take care!
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:17 AM

I too am sorry you have to endure this...........Hang in there, keep your chin up, and I am certainly praying for you..........
Unread 10-23-2007, 05:44 AM

Thanks again to all the new ladies who continue to post here. The words of encouragement and support were the only reason I was able to grab five very interrupted hours of sleep last night. Thank you so much.

Today, I am "looking forard" to leg ultrasounds to see if there are any further clots in my legs, and another lung scan. I've had one oral dose of Cumadin, and two of the Lovenox injections in the tummy. The needle is so tiny, I don't feel it until the meds heat up in there. I have an amazing and very personable nurse who is also doing her level best to keep me sane. Funny how G*d grants you what you need in times like these.

I hope everyone else continues to improve and grow stronger each day. Bless you all for being here with me through what could have been a much longer night. :hug
dina
Unread 10-23-2007, 05:47 AM

Helga, I meant to ask - are you still on maintenance meds? If so, do you know how long your regimen is planned for? Did they check your blood for the Factor Five protein? They had me on an electric fence about that one. I won't get results until Christmastime.

Thanks again. All the best to all of you.
Dina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register