Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism

Unread 10-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism

I`m so sorry that you`re not doing well, but I`m glad for your letter. I thought it was just me going through bad times after hyst/bso and so much more. Dr. and nurses said my organs were covered by spider webs and adhesians, probably from my last baby. That was 20 years ago. He never gave me any pain med. Nurse told me to take motrin. I screamed so much in pain after I got home. I thought I`d die. I have several issues I`m dealing with. Right now I`m feeling better, but the hot flashes are aweful. My doctor could care less about my complaints. Told me to lay on my back for 6 weeks. I have 6 witnesses. Severe pain on left side around bone, called him 2x. 2nd time he sent me to the hosp., came in and said "I`ll give you something to sleep and you can go home in the morning. No mention of any tests. I said take out the IV, I`m going home and take some pain med. Going to find another doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 06:11 AM

Dear Worried,
I'm so sorry you're going through awful aftereffects too. I would never wish any of this on anyone. I AM glad to read that your first order of business is finding s new doctor. I'm personally taking this one day/one hour at a time, and would recommend the same to you. I'm trying not to envision full recovery at this point. I'm just being here - at the hospital - reading the encouraging posts from the sisters, and am trying to read and rest between giving vitals and seeing nurses and docs.

I hope you get the treatment you need soon. Warm wishes to you,
dina
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:36 AM

(((Dina)))

I wanted to add my wishes for a good recovery. I'm sorry you're going through this, but so glad you're receiving the care you need to get better, and especially the kind-hearted nurse. Someone with a little compassion can make recovering so much easier. We look forward to seeing you feeling much better in the not too distant future.

(((worriedscared))) I'm sorry you're having such a hard time too. I'm glad to hear you're thinking about replacing your doctor. He sounds like a dr without heart- you can do better. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 06:49 AM

It has been a blessing to me reading about the others, and that they are going thru the same things. it`s kept me sane a lot of times. I`ve taken so much from others who only had their uterus taken out and they said they were fine after a couple of weeks. this is my 7th surgery, 2 within 3 weeks. Due for 1 more, When I received the e-mail for 3-4 weeks post op, I calmed down alot. Thanks to the ones who sent it. Basically, we can`t compare our surgeries to others, who knows what happens in surgery that we don`t hear about, My Dr. says its better for me not to know all details. Thanks sisters...
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
home finally and need to say huge THANK YOU

Dearest Sisters,
I cannot thank you enough to you wonderful ladies here for all of your help while I was in the hospital. I am on blood thinners for the next 3 months at least while I wait for the results of my blood tests come back. I will have daily/weekly tests to make sure my warfarin levels are consistent, and I am to stay off my normal diet (which is apparently to healthy of all things!!!) until this period is up.

Now the only ill I'm dealing with is a hyper-extrended right side from the tests and the odd contortions I seemed to have to be in for each of them -- but I certainly got to test-drive nearly every piece of equipment in the place! At one point, I actually asked the transport girl to drop me off in mammography -- she said that wasn't where she's supposed to take me -- I said hey, it's the only place I haven't been yet today!

Seriously -- you have all been the greatest gift of support I've had through this. While my DH has been really supportive physically, there's a mental aspect that you just need a big wonderful group of women to lean on.

You are amazing!
thank you so very much --
dina
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM

Welcome home!

Take care of yourself and recover quickly.

I don't know I would have managed my pre-op and now post-op time without this site and the wonderful ladies here. I agree with you.

Get better.
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Yep me too

Hi Dina,
I know EXACTLY what you are going through. 2 years ago I was taking a low dose of birth control pills to help with menstrual migrains. The estrogen was my only risk factor for blood clots.
DVT's started in my legs, only I didn't know that. I was at home with my DH and passed out every time I stood up. I kept blowing it off, saying its this or that, well after 3days of that I felt a heaviness in my chest. So DH called the ambulance and I went to the hospitol. My passing out was little siezures. My brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. Cat scan showed PE's in both lungs. The doc's were amazed I was alive. I spent 3 days in ICU and another 5days on the med floor. I was there long enough to get mail
While I was in the hospitol they placed a filter just below my lungs, so I can't devlope pe's in my lungs, unless they come from another extremity{arms}.
I now take warifin and stay away from dark green veggies.

I know how scarey it was. I have a mild brain injury as a result of every thing. I am just now starting to recieve therapy for some of the cognitive skills I have lost.

BUT...we made it through {with the grace of God}

If you ever have any concerns or feel you need to talk to some one who has been there just let me know.

The whole time I was in the hospitol I was either crying or in a panic.
My INR has to be bwteen 2.5 and 3.

Let me know how you are doing,
s to you and
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Dina---
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I had some complications during and after my surgury. I am on the mend now. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

TAH/9-20-07
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:58 PM

So glad you`re doing better. you`re in our thoughts and prayers.
Sometimes it helps to talk, and we`re here for you...Worried, scared
Unread 10-25-2007, 10:53 PM

Dina - sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I have to take the warfarin for 3 months, which hopefully is just another couple of weeks.

I've had to have the INR blood tests weekly because I never got a stable result. Most of that was because no one ever told what I should and shouldn't eat while I was on it!

I don't know if I had the thingy test you talked about - if anyone mentioned it, I've forgotten, but I am going to ask my GP how they know it has cleared up when I have finished the warfarin!

Oh...and be careful with yourself. When you bleed it take a bit of stopping! (I speak with the experience of having stabbed myself with a knife this morning... always grumble about DH putting knives in the dishwasher point up... and now I've almost bled to death to prove my point... grumble... grumble...) So, use an electric razor for the legs and all that good stuff.

Hope you're feeling better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register