Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism

Unread 10-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Please help - back in hosptial with pulmonary embolism

Dina!

Woo hoo! Congrats on being home and on the mend! I knew you'd make it! Take good care of yourself -- "pamper the princess" as our sisters say. Keep us posted about how you're feeling.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 07:36 AM

I am so happy you are home. It is by the grace of God that your pe was found in time and the doctors could manage it. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

Janelle
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM

toatntea..........i'm sending you HEAPS OF HOPE for a speedy recovery....gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Dina, I believe your post was what helped me....

I've been praying for you. After I read your post about you being back in the hospital for the pulmonary embolism, I started questioning my symptoms. Wednesday night, I ended up in the ER with a clot in my upper right lobe. It was small. (Thank the good lord) but enought to buy me a couple nights of crying in the ICU. It's over whelming, the though of my home healthcare nurse coming over every day for the next week to check my levels. I too am on the walfarin, but also giving myself 2 lovenox injections per day, until the walfarin really starts to kick in.

The strange thing is, I was up walking and constantly moving. Never felt anything in my legs. Was actually thinking that my symptoms were due to asthma, but when a breathing treatment didn't relieve my shortness of breath, I knew I had better go to the ER to find out for sure. Glad I did.

I never would have imagined a blood clot until I read Dina's post. If it wasn't for her post, I probably would not have gone in at all.

I'm fine and well now. A little advice, don't take symptoms lightly. I would rather have the extra medical bill and told that it was all in my head.

Tara
Unread 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
PE experience

Dear toastntea,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this - it is very scary at first, and maybe your doc could have handled it better. A PE is serious, but receiving immediate treatment is key, and it sounds like you have.

I had a major pe after my breast reconstruction went into complications last year. I was in intensive care for 2 days. I was on coumadin after I got out of the castle for 9 months, with frequent blood tests (finger stick only) to check the levels. I did not have the protein test that you mentioned, that I know of. Several months after I got out, my primary doctor and pulmonologist told me that they had never seen a pe as big as mine was. THAT scared me, and I realized that my primary had saved my life by dx'ing it. I also had to have periodic chest CT scans to make sure the pe was getting smaller. Finally it was small enough that the pulmonologist cleared me for surgery (I really want to have my boob job finished up!) but the ovarian cyst problem became a priority. I am now almost 2 weeks post-op from my TAH / BSO, and feeling pretty good. This morning, gazing at my old horizontal tummy scar from last year, plus the vertical tummy scar from the recent surgery, I thought to myself, God has marked me with this special blessing to remind me of all that I have to be thankful for.

Blessings to you and prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery and the chance to go home. No matter how great the nurses and the food service, there's no place like home!

Mary
Unread 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I lived...

I had a PE when I was 21, 4 weeks after child birth, had the pain in my chest for 3 days before I went to the hospital. I was there for a week on IV heparin, and Coumadin after that for 6 months. Do everything they tell you, but try to relax. They are very serious, but now that it is diagnosed, you should do well now. My dad had one a year and a half ago, and he was home the next day. Just take it easy, it is difficult, but you're going to be okay now.
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:00 PM

Hello Ladies,
I guess Im not to smart. What is Pulmonary embolosm? Im 13 days post op and Im doing real well. I went to doctor on Thursday and got good news the incition is healing great and no infections and she only had to remove one stitch, all the others disolved. Im real sorry your having these problems , but I will prey for you to get better real soon.
Tina Cappa TAH
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean2sara
Hello Ladies,
I guess Im not to smart. What is Pulmonary embolosm? Im 13 days post op and Im doing real well. I went to doctor on Thursday and got good news the incition is healing great and no infections and she only had to remove one stitch, all the others disolved. Im real sorry your having these problems , but I will prey for you to get better real soon.
Tina Cappa TAH
I didn't know what one was either, until I researched it after this post. A Pulmonary Embolism, or PE is a blood clot in your lung. It can be fatal if not treated. I was diagnosed with it exactly one week after my surgery. I was on a Heparin drip while in the hospital, then came home to give myself injections of Lovenox, and taking oral Warfarin. I'm off the shots now, but will be on the Warfarin for the next 3 to 6 months. If you get short of breath, or chest pain, or even unknown anxiety, go to your ER.

Tara
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:35 PM

tnt
wow! what a story. Are you home yet? it is Saturday November 3rd- so if you are not home yet- hopefully you will be on Monday. I have worked in acute care hospitals 20 plus years and ALL the patients that caught their PEs early survived - It is a problem when you don't treat it or if it comes on too quickly. Did you have the venodynes or air booties on your legs after you had your hyster? they are designed specifically to prevent the blood clots in your legs. Take your medicine and follow all your MD orders and you will be home in no time. Then you can appreciate that family of yours!
*blessings*
vag hyster 10/16/07
Hyperion
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM

Thank You sweetbeetle!
I dident know and Im so glad to know now, I had the leg pumps on after surgery and Im doing fine so I donr think I will come down with that but thank You for the info. I wish all the ladies with this Love and get betters!!!!
Dont loose your faith and you will be better one day at a time.... Tina Cappa TAH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register