Surgical menopause symptoms - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgical menopause symptoms Surgical menopause symptoms

Unread 10-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Surgical menopause symptoms

Yes I too tried Welburtrin, what a ride that was.. I really had high hopes for that one, but nope it actually made me a nervous wreck! SO HAPPY Lexapro is working for you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 03:20 PM

See I am going through that nervousness at Night it starts about 7 ish can't explain that one had trouble with this sleep thing before surg. thought it would stop after but has gotten worse. Dr. sent me home with Ambien 10 mg. but still have not slept all night but do not want to get dependant on it know what I mean.
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:31 PM

Yes I do know I take it too, after the first 7 nights I take it about half the week, I really love waking up and only been up once in the night, its worth it, I seem so much less stressed during the day once I have a full nights sleep, seems so weird to realize I have not been up every 1-2 hours all night like I have for so many years.. you know? Read up on Ambien, its suppose to be pretty safe... I have ativan I have taken for a few years now on and off for anxiety, but I take one or the other never want to mix the two... good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 03:39 PM

Four days after surgery I was having hot flashes, night sweats and I was an emotional train wreck. I was having hot flashes about every 20 seconds. I knew I was going to go through this, however i never imagined that it would be so bad. My doctor prescribed me Estrace and we had to increase my dosage. My doctor apologized because i am very thin and when you are this thin there is no place to store the estrigin bringing on all of these things a lot sooner.

Since my dosage has been corrected i am doing okay, i still seem a little super sensitive at times, but everyday gets better.
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Wow I am glad I am not having hot flashes seems like everyone has that complaint, although I can be super sensitive now even more so than before my Surg. Glad to hear you are doing better keep it up....
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:01 PM

Thank you! I guess this is all going to take time and patience as we adjust and heal from this surgery.
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:55 PM

I had my surgery on 8/1 and started having symptoms of surgical menopause right away. I slept the night of my surgery and then did not sleep again the next 3 days in the hospital. Once I got home, I could not fall asleep and think I only fell asleep what little I did out of exhaustion! I was not able to go on HRT for 2 months due to endo left on bowel. I did however start Zoloft and that helped me fall asleep and curbed the morning anxiety, but I would still wake up every couple hours. I have since started Climara .06 and also progesterone cream and can actually fall asleep and stay asleep for about 4 hours, but then I wake up. However, I am able to fall back asleep now, which is a bonus. I think that once you find the right hormone it really does help the sleeping, but I wonder if I will ever get 7 to 8 hours straight sleep again. Thank God though the night sweats are gone with the Climara.
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrescue
I had my surgery on 8/1 and started having symptoms of surgical menopause right away. I slept the night of my surgery and then did not sleep again the next 3 days in the hospital. Once I got home, I could not fall asleep and think I only fell asleep what little I did out of exhaustion! I was not able to go on HRT for 2 months due to endo left on bowel. I did however start Zoloft and that helped me fall asleep and curbed the morning anxiety, but I would still wake up every couple hours. I have since started Climara .06 and also progesterone cream and can actually fall asleep and stay asleep for about 4 hours, but then I wake up. However, I am able to fall back asleep now, which is a bonus. I think that once you find the right hormone it really does help the sleeping, but I wonder if I will ever get 7 to 8 hours straight sleep again. Thank God though the night sweats are gone with the Climara.
The sleeping situation you have sounds somewhat simular to mine and once I get hormone balanced I hope I sleep better.
Unread 10-26-2007, 06:06 PM

Yes, it is nice to hear when someone who had the same symptoms as you has had some success! I hope you can some balance in your life and more importantly some sleep
Unread 10-26-2007, 06:34 PM

I cannot wait till I sleep all night I think it will never happen....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register