8 years after & Big problems...Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

8 years after & Big problems...Help 8 years after & Big problems...Help

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

I am a 33 year old. I had to have a total Hysterectomy, (took
everything, ovaries, uterus, tubes, cervix) at 25 due to PCOS. I have
recently started having alot of pain in my breasts. Also the feeling of
milk letting down. Also clear discharge from nipples. I have not been
on any HRT in 7 years. Have any of you experenced this before?? Please
help!!

I don't have insurance...never had a mammogram. I am wondering if I
need to scrape up enough money to get insurance to get this checked
out??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre
I am a 33 year old. I had to have a total Hysterectomy, (took
everything, ovaries, uterus, tubes, cervix) at 25 due to PCOS. I have
recently started having alot of pain in my breasts. Also the feeling of
milk letting down. Also clear discharge from nipples. I have not been
on any HRT in 7 years. Have any of you experenced this before?? Please
help!!

I don't have insurance...never had a mammogram. I am wondering if I
need to scrape up enough money to get insurance to get this checked
out??
I have had this problem in the past from a benign pituitary tumor called a prolactinoma. Your prolactin ( the hormone that makes your milk supply) comes from your pituitary gland not your ovaries. You should still see a doctor because you don't want to mess around w/ breast issues. Also if you haven't had any hrt in 7 years you should be checked. As far as the pituitary issue they usually check blood levels of prolactin and then they do a MRI. This is expensive so if you can get insurance please do. You may also contact family services or state health departments for help. Good luck and please keep us updated. Prayers your way.

Janelle
  #3  
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

How long ago was your Hysterectomy? You are about my age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

I should have noticed...the date is right here. LOL How are you feeling? What has it been 6 weeks?? I remember it like it was yesterday. Made me so much better.
  #5  
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre
I should have noticed...the date is right here. LOL How are you feeling? What has it been 6 weeks?? I remember it like it was yesterday. Made me so much better.
We are close in age. I am sorry you are going through this now. I imagine you probably didn't expect to have any hormone problems after your hysterectomy. I hope you find your answers soon.

Janelle
  #6  
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

Hi (((Terre))) you've already received some good suggestions. I think you do need to get follow up medical care, even this far after your hysterectomy - or especially this far out if you haven't been on hormones. Your bone density needs to be checked, and the source of this new discharge needs to be checked out - though it is likely hormone-based in some way.

A mammogram would also be a good idea. This month being Breast Cancer Awareness month is an especially good time, because there are many programs out there for low- or no-cost mammograms that are publicizing themselves more at this time of year.

Please let us know what you find out, OK?

s,
-Linda
  #7  
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:15 AM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

Thanks Surferbabe!
In the first year I took Premarin(sp?) My moods changed. I was so hateful, ( I am not a hateful person at all) I cried all the time, alot of weight gain. So after a year of going to the pharmacy and them never having my right dose..and all the side effects I decided to stop. I did really well until now. Never had any complications, pain, mood swings were occasional but nothing like when I was on HRT. Basically not much problems or anything after that first year...until now. I have/had PCOS (guess I still have) I was in pain all the time. After my hysterectomy my life has been 100% better.

I have sent in applications to health insurance companies. As soon as I get a policy started I am getting the ball rolling on Dr visits.

I will keep you all posted as I found out anything.

I am so glad I found this site. You all have been so nice and informative. Thank You!
I hope to be of some help to..to women that are going thru what I have went thru and are going thru.
  #8  
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:03 AM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre
Thanks Surferbabe!
In the first year I took Premarin(sp?) My moods changed. I was so hateful, ( I am not a hateful person at all) I cried all the time, alot of weight gain. So after a year of going to the pharmacy and them never having my right dose..and all the side effects I decided to stop. I did really well until now. Never had any complications, pain, mood swings were occasional but nothing like when I was on HRT. Basically not much problems or anything after that first year...until now. I have/had PCOS (guess I still have) I was in pain all the time. After my hysterectomy my life has been 100% better.

I have sent in applications to health insurance companies. As soon as I get a policy started I am getting the ball rolling on Dr visits.

I will keep you all posted as I found out anything.

I am so glad I found this site. You all have been so nice and informative. Thank You!
I hope to be of some help to..to women that are going thru what I have went thru and are going thru.
I hope you get your much needed insurance soon. When you do go ask about other types of HRT. Lots of people have bad side effects from premarin. Maybe a bio HRT would work better. Good luck and please let us know how you are doing.

Janelle
  #9  
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

  Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbabe
Hi (((Terre))) you've already received some good suggestions. I think you do need to get follow up medical care, even this far after your hysterectomy - or especially this far out if you haven't been on hormones. Your bone density needs to be checked, and the source of this new discharge needs to be checked out - though it is likely hormone-based in some way.

A mammogram would also be a good idea. This month being Breast Cancer Awareness month is an especially good time, because there are many programs out there for low- or no-cost mammograms that are publicizing themselves more at this time of year.

Please let us know what you find out, OK?

s,
-Linda
Thanks so much for reminding her to get a mammogram! I meant to put that in my post but forgot.

Janelle
  #10  
Unread 11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
8 years after & Big problems...Help

After being turned down with 4 different insurance companies. I finally was approved. YEA!!! Dec 5th I have an appointment with a Gyno. So we will start there. I will keep you all posted on my Dr. visits and results.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
9 Replies, Last Reply 11-15-2010, Started By tjmilner
3 Replies, Last Reply 12-03-2009, Started By lmddpearn
14 Replies, Last Reply 07-17-2008, Started By Peggyc
1 Reply, Last Reply 09-13-2007, Started By Jilliann
5 Replies, Last Reply 08-07-2007, Started By MichelleSm
4 Replies, Last Reply 01-29-2007, Started By CancerHals05
5 Replies, Last Reply 05-30-2006, Started By worm88
5 Replies, Last Reply 03-03-2006, Started By mainelady
3 Replies, Last Reply 11-22-2005, Started By binker
2 Replies, Last Reply 06-17-2005, Started By Brenda59
18 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
3 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
11 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
9 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
2 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
4 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
6 Replies, Aching Hearts
6 Replies, The Road Less Traveled



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

July 12,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement