A Headache AGAIN!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Headache AGAIN!!! A Headache AGAIN!!!

Unread 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

Anyone having headaches since their surgery? Seems like i have a headache daily!! I had a TAH on 9/21 and have had my share of the headaches. Just wondering if it's normal. I'm not on any hormone therapy. Could that be the problem?? any help will be appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

I had mine also on 9/21 and I DID have HRT. My headaches went away when I went off, so it's very possible that you need a little something (I apparently did not). I would call the doc and see if that helps. It won't hurt to try. You didn't mention your age, but the younger you are, the more probable it is that you need something.
Good luck
Unread 10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

I'm 46 years old...How come you weren't on HRT for very long? My doctor said as long as I'm not having any issues (hot flashes/night sweats, etc) he wasn't going to put me on anything. The only thing that's bugging me is the headaches.. I can live with the minor hot flashes and night sweats..They aren't that bad. Thanks for your reply. Lori.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

I have been having a lot of headaches also. I have noticed that they started around the same time as my insomnia. My doctor said if you are not getting good sleep headaches often occur. I am now trying some prescription sleep aides to help. I just thought I would mention this as another possibility to the hormones. There are so many things that go crazy after this surgery. I hope you find relief soon. Maybe a visit to your GP will help.

Janelle
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

I also have been noticing headaches and have written it off as a symptom connected to a funny sleep schedule. I sleep at night without a problem but am napping, sometimes 2x a day.
Unread 10-24-2007, 11:39 AM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

I wasn't on HRT long, because I discovered the HRT was giving me the headaches! Feeling good without them so far.
Good Luck
Unread 10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilanea
Anyone having headaches since their surgery? Seems like i have a headache daily!! I had a TAH on 9/21 and have had my share of the headaches. Just wondering if it's normal. I'm not on any hormone therapy. Could that be the problem?? any help will be appreciated. thanks
I had a headache right after surgery and then when I drop the estrogen level quickly to cut down the dosage I had a headache for 3 days. I haven't had one lately. They are so annoying. Some say that not having enough estrogen causes them too. I hope you have some relief soon.
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

What is HRT?
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

Are you taking in any caffeine (ie. chocolate, coffee, tea, caffeinated sodas, etc.)? This sometimes gives headaches.
How about trying a B complex about 50mgs. I had extremely bad migranes one year. Nothing could touch it, it came all of a sudden for no reason. Sometimes it felt like someone had a vice on my head. I read posts from a couple websites that Vitamin B complex helped subside headaches. I figured it couldn't hurt. I took a 50mg pill and the headache I experienced for 3 days straight went away after about an hour. I've been on that same B complex ever since. I get it at GNC. I'm not sure I even need it anymore. I know I even felt more upbeat (I think they call those vitamins the stress reliever vitamins). My mom started taking them and swears that her mood is uplifted after an hour. She says she has more energy.
fwiw
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
A Headache AGAIN!!!

Is B Complex the same as B12?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register