Could I now have a hernia? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Could I now have a hernia? Could I now have a hernia?

Unread 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Could I now have a hernia?

Hi Purple!

I just got off the phone making an appt. for tomorrow to see my Dr. 'cause I'm afraid I have a hernia also. Some weird puffy, blobby thing popped up to the right of my incision and it's tender to the touch.

I've been on my feet way too much, and now I'm freaking out that I did some damage.

Guess I'll know tomorrow morning...I hope it's just something minor...I wish I never had this surgery. So much pain - never expected this.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 01:25 PM

OH MY GOSH!!! That is AWFUL!! THE NERVE!! Yes please listen to little voices inside yourself... I should have listened to mine about my reg 5 years ago.. would have save me a lot of problems. Thank GOD I love my OB.. GOOD LUCK with your hemotoma, that must have a shocker!! Lessons learned... GOOD FOR YOU STICKING UP TO YOURSELF!
Unread 10-31-2007, 03:52 PM

LSH...Hi as icky as my hematoma thing was..I hope thats what your blobby thing is as opposed to a hernia...I kinda overdid things my 2nd wk..just hate to sit still and was restless..esp. once a started to feel a bit better...is your swollen area reddish and a bit warmer than the rest of your incision? I'm sooo sorry you are in so much pain...discuss that with your Doc. also..most of my pain was gas related or incision pain when I would try to get up or lie down and the occasional sneeze that no matter how hard I'd try to hold back would happen, man that hurt! Your surg. was about a week after mine...hopefully the pain will be much, much less for you in a few more days.....Let me Know how You make out after you see your Doc. Wish you well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 04:10 PM

Presouz, Hi! Yup, the good ole" if hindsight was 20/20" cliche! Funny, how we tend to put so much Faith in Doctors...Just because they are Doctors..no more of that for me! Part of the prob. is also due to insurance restrictions...It can really be hard to find a good Phys. when you have to stay "in network"..really limits your choices...unless you can afford huge out of pocket expense...The hematoma feels much better now that it's reduced...Hope You are doing better with getting around on your knee!
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:27 PM

MY knee STILL HURTS so badly.... UGH, I called my HOA facility fired my reg Dr today, so many reasons over the past years, I am finally tired of it all... so got an appointment for 2 weeks from now for my new doc... BUT I am still in so much pain and swelling I went to urgent care to see a Dr. that I really liked when I took my DD last month, I told him he was my last hope, and went over the problem with him, and he reviewed my info and the computers info from my FIRED Dr. and the tests and put me on bed rest for 5 days NO DRIVING NO NOTHING keep my leg up and I'm on cortisone for 5 days and vicos if needed so here I am again pampered.. thats GOOD ??? NOPE I am not prepared like before.. I guess I will have to order take out a few days, not sure if I have stuff my DD can cook, I have to get someone to drive her to and from school Thru Fri. WOW.. pretty serious stuff, unlike my FIRED Dr. who says NOTHING, didnt explain anything just you have arthritis, NO WAY arthritis can hurt this bad with stabbing pains, you see, she didnt tell me to stay off it, or baby it till the swelling goes down, and the Doppler scan, didnt get the final results for 3 WEEKS! man I wonder if I should complain to my insurance company??? Or my HOA facility's Admin so they wont use that company any more.. Ok nuff of my complaining.. thanks for the replies.. feel better!
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:59 PM

Purple:

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I will post tomorrow after the Dr. I'm really nervous 'cause I NEED to get better - so much responsibility and no one to help me. I just cannot imagine a set-back.

Good luck to you also!
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:59 AM

Presouz, Yowza! So Sorry to hear about this setback with your knee! You should notify your ins. provider, I have ,more than once, I had a Phys. tell me 6yrs ago a had a pitutary tumor based on breast discharge...sent me for a MRI ..when I went for the follow-up the Phys. had LOST my records, I sat in the outer office for 31/2 hours only to be brought to the back and given the info., that my records "had gone missing"...I was already stressed from the poss. of actually having a brain tumor, and that news caused me to have a complete meltdown..on top of that this Phys. had the guts to bill $196 to my Ins. for a consult!!! I reported her & my Ins. Co. did in fact go after her...She had to pay back the $196 and was dropped from our list of providers. I got copies of the MRI report myself..It was a negative study..all that stress for nothing! I'm happy you fired the doctor that was not really helping you..this one sounds like he might actually be LISTENING TO YOU..which apparently is becoming a rarity these days...My mother has RA, and at times was in such severe pain She literally could not move, she has been in a study for about a year..this study is the only real relief she has got, all her private phys. minimized her complaints of pain and failed Her terribly..She now dreads the conclusion of the study...Thats a terrible shame. Don't let the current restrictions on your activity frustrate you..It's a nec. thing..We did the take-out thing for most of the past 2 wks. luckily there is a really, and I mean really good diner close by..homestyle meals..that a few have put my cookin to shame! Take care of yourself, keep off that knee! The corto. will prob. have you feeling much better...its a great anti-inflamatory, don't be lulled into a sense of being ready to use your knee...baby it till you get re-checked w/ your new & improved doctor. And again, I would contact Ins. provider relations and let them know your prior phys. was less than stellar in treating you! Good luck, Heal Fast!
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:34 AM

LSH Hi! Ok, now I'm worring for you..no one to help you, thats not good, not at all..You will HAVE to let some of responsibilities slack for the time being..Your first week should consist of nothing other than what is nec. to take care of yourself...no housework it can wait..pets if you have them as I do , will need the care they norm. have, I moved litterpans & placed a chair close so I could maintain them with out bending over..Is there no one you can call for a helping hand? How are you getting to your doc's office, do you have a ride? Your body needs to rest & heal right now..that's the most important thing..I live southern NJ, if you are nearby and I could possibly help you in any way please let me know..I can't imagine going thro this alone at home...
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:19 PM

PURPLE,

Hey, thanks, I'm in SC, so that would be a trip for you! LOL

The Dr. told me she does not think it's a hernia 'cause it's not firm, but just to keep an eye on it.

She thinks it's a collection of fluid from overdoing things and being on my feet too much. Yep, I knew I had done too much...just don't know what I can do about that! I DO have a husband, he just works so much and does the best he can...but some things have to be done before he gets home.

Life as a woman is so unfair!
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM

LSH Hi! Whew...glad to hear it's prob. not a hernia! I think these incisions are a bit prone to weird swellings...I'm also real glad to hear you have hubby at home with you..I was bummin thinkin of you being home all alone! I would really take it easy tho...SC, yep that would be a bit of a ride! We used to go to Myrtle Beach for bike week... Have missed out the past 5 yrs. due to my health problems, hopefully this coming spring rally will now be a possibility..I just love it down there, My first time down I swore my hubby had to drag me home, I really did not want to leave...Well again I'm happy to hear that the swelling is not a hernia & again Please give your self as much "down time" as you can! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register