I can't take this anymore!!! Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't take this anymore!!! Help! I can't take this anymore!!! Help!

Unread 10-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I can't take this anymore!!! Help!

Had a TAH Sept. 13 was doing great. Then 2 weeks post op I started feeling like I had to urinate every few minutes, but only had to go a little each time. Saw my gyn. she tried vesicare for bladder spasms. Didn't really help. She checked for vaginal, yeast, bacterial, and urinary tract infections. All tests came back fine woth no indication of infections. She treated me for a yeast infection, and urinary tract infection in case I might have on even though it did not show up. I couldn't figure out if it was my urethra or my clitoris that was bothering me. For the last four weeks going on five I have had constant clitoral throbbing, a miserable feeling. It feels like constantly being sexually arroused. I was started on 100 mg of Neurontin for nerve pain for the clitoral area, but have not had much relief. My gyn. and urologist both say they have never had anyone complain of this problem before. I am taking Rejuvia for hormone therapy and also a cream for vaginal dryness. I know that neither one of these drugs is causing the pain because it started before I tried eiither one of these drugs. I really need someone to talk to because this is something so embarrassing I ccan't discuss it with anyone but my husband. He has been working alot so I haven't got to see him much, but I know he's getting tired of thiis since it is all I seem to talk about. If anyone out there has had this problem or knows of a solution, please post a reply. I live in Nebraska and I don't know of any physicians that deal with this type of problem. The gyn. says maybe they damaged or irratated an nerve. They just keep telling me maybe it will improve with time. But, it is so bad I can't even think straight. I feel like there is no answer or help for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM

After my TAH I too felt this way. During many TAH the Dr literally peels your bladder away from the uterus and thus your bladder must heal and repostion itself after surgery. For a while I felt urgency,tingling and soreness. I was worried about incontinence. Well, after a few weeks this all resolved itself and I have no trouble. I hope this helps you.
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:54 PM

I had bladder problems just like that for 6 weeks and a lil after that to. it takes time to heal but if you still have problems do see the dr again
hugs
lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 09:44 PM

Here's a crazy idea that just might work...

Ask your doctor or pharmacist if there is a numbing cream you can use externally - a local skin anesthetic.

It might settle it down enough to be bearable until Mother Nature can look after the rest of the healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register