nasty bowel cramping and gas - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nasty bowel cramping and gas nasty bowel cramping and gas

Unread 11-05-2007, 12:43 AM
nasty bowel cramping and gas

Ten weeks! I am in my 4th week and BMs are very sore, as in rocking forward and backward screaming silently on the loo, was hoping the pain would ease as the weeks go by. I have also been told that bowels and other organs were repositioned which accounts for the pain, but for how long must one suffer! Other than that and the occasional twinge of pain in my right ovary and a strange "stiffening" feeling where my uterus used to be, I am doing ok, I think.

DH and darling daughter are amazing.

Patience, ladies, patience.

Lots of hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 05:20 AM

This cramping is like having labor pain! I am doing good except this.

Cramp and can't go to bathroom. Taking pain meds and gas x, drinking lots

of water, and not eating much of anything. Only 5 days post op, is it just

gonna take time? This site is great and you ladies are wonderful.

Hope others are having good days......
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:37 AM

[quote=ribyra732]Well girls....I am almost 10 weeks and I am going pretty regularly, but right before I go I get horrid, almost labor-like cramps also that last for maybe less than a minute, but they stop me in my tracks...my doctor told me this is normal part of healing????...[/QUOTE

oh man this is exactly how it is for me! That pain stops me in my tracks. I can't sit. I can't stand. It's horrible. I almost have to do labor breathing stuff to get through it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 06:32 AM

[quote=barelysane]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by ribyra732
Well girls....I am almost 10 weeks and I am going pretty regularly, but right before I go I get horrid, almost labor-like cramps also that last for maybe less than a minute, but they stop me in my tracks...my doctor told me this is normal part of healing????...[/QUOTE

oh man this is exactly how it is for me! That pain stops me in my tracks. I can't sit. I can't stand. It's horrible. I almost have to do labor breathing stuff to get through it!
Labour breathing! Will try that instead of the silent screaming and biting into the towel trick that I am doing. Thank you ...
Unread 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Hi,
I'm 4 weeks post-op from ab. hyst. and the worst part was GAS!!! Tried everything also...the best healer was time! At 4 weeks to the day it is as if
a switch was turned on and all of the pain and gas virtually disappeared.
Originally, the gas and bowel movements were so bad it literally brought me to my knees, not to mention tears. Hang in there, look into Metamucil and pray! You will get better and stronger before you know it!!!

50 ON 10/18!!!
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Suppositories work very well for relieving gas. If the Gas-X isn't cutting it, try a suppository. If our intestines are full, gas isn't going to freely pass. With suppositories, it all passes. A wonderful relief!

I learned that in the hospital. I asked for something for the gas and they gave me a suppository, with the above explanation.

It worked for me.

Also, prune juice helps with gas ... for the same reason!!
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:04 PM

17 days post-op, I was feeling pretty good , gas was getting less and all. Then I had some spasums in my belly dident know what to do. Called doc they said they wanted me in so i went . wow, I have a bladder infection, and my incition in also infected. unbelieveable! So now im on some Antibiotics for the next 7 days, ok still dont feel that bad but, all the muscals in the belly are very sore. getting up and sitting is very slow, Day by Day is all I have to say.
Have a Great night girls, try and be comfortable.
TinaCappa
TAH
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:11 AM

well had total hysterectomy 6 day's ago...the gas is real bad at night...the bloting is worse...i was told to eat lots of fiber,fresh fruit and take stool softners...i have loose stools...and taking gas pills also,i did have a unexpected tummy tuck due to problems durring surgery...lilly
Unread 11-11-2007, 11:30 AM

There is a great herbel tea called "Smooth Move" you can find it at a natural food store its great drink at bed time will go next day every time with out straining..... the chocolate flavor is awesome!
Unread 11-11-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabebe
There is a great herbel tea called "Smooth Move" you can find it at a natural food store its great drink at bed time will go next day every time with out straining..... the chocolate flavor is awesome!

thank you so much i will have to try this

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register