Post op Gas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Post op Gas

Any Ideas of how to cut down the gas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Post op Gas

I had a LAVH 4 weeks ago, I too had terrible gas pains, try peppermint tea, it worked for me, also some Gax Ex.......
I know that the gas pains for me were the worst part of my operation.....it does get better!!!
Unread 10-28-2007, 02:15 AM
Post op Gas

I had LSH 3 weeks ago, and in laparoscopic the put air (gas) in your belly so they can see better... Oh My God - the swelling and gas! And it hurt so much trying to get it out, with the abdominal post op pain. The morning seems the worst for me.... a little walking (even around the house) and lots of water seems to be helping me.

It should get better each day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Post op Gas

Gas - X and 3 Tablespoons of Milk of Magnesium daily with a lot of water helped me.
Unread 10-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Post op Gas

Water and walking! Gotta keep it all moving or it can be darn near unbearable! Be well!
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh geesh

I remember this. The best thing for the gas is to fart all day. Thats the only thing that worked for me. Lots of water, gas X and just letting it go. I did a lot of apologizing for about 4 weeks. Then my husband got the idea that if I could do that, he could so he just loved that.
Unread 10-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Post op Gas

thanks to you all for the tips! I am having a hard time figuring-out how to post new messages and "threads?"..
I had my surgery 1 week ago...complete hysterectomy and removal of lymph nodes up near the diaphram. The gas has been unbearable at times under my left breast....wonder if that has something to do with the nodes being removed there? they were removed to avoid any further cancer issues.
I had a terrible trip home. RX was not called in to the wallyworld..had to hunt down the Dr./Hospital phone #'s and track down my Dr. to get it called in. Meanwhile I vomited all over my JEEP and husband,,,had to strip in the wallyworld parkinglot and get on some form of dry clothing, as I had one hour on the road to home yet. So half naked and sitting in cold """um well ,,,you know.." I was Soooooooooo happy to be home in my bed with my hubby's strong hands washing me off and tucking me in.
the next three days I spent vomiting,,,I swear it was a revolt from my body, for having to force that awful hospital "FOOD" down,,,just inorder to "make a bowel movement as a ticket home". Now that I can eat smaller and tasty meals, things are doing better. But eating is still slow in coming. I have been FINALLY passing some gas....( I sound like my great-grandmother Nettie!) and if my husband loves me after this,,,I will NEVER complain about his bad habits again!
Thanks for the suggestions on controling the gas build-up. Honestly,,the inscision is the the least of my problems right now. I'm sure that will be the next stage to work through. SO happy for this website and all of you. blessings to you all in recoveryland.
Kate
Unread 10-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Post op Gas

I'm so sorry you had these un-needed extra events... no medicine, and vomiting... I had that really bad with one surgery... I just layed there and let the vomit make it's way out, b/c I couldn't move!

Anyway, the Left Shoulder and Left Breast gas pains are the worst! I'm surprised I forgot to mention it, but I'm glad you did.

I had this one nurse on my first lap' surgery for adhesions tell me to Try To Change Positions to get that Gas Bubble to move. I think she said it seems to 'float' to the highest point in the torso... so to try laying the the left a bit to get it to move toward the right.... or try to put my butt on a pillow so my pelvis is elevated to move that gas bubble down where it should be, then out!

Figuring out this website and posting thread has (is still) taking me some time. I've never been involved with a site like this. Everyone here has been wonderfully patient and supportive with me.

Have faith it will get a bit better each day
~Sue
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Post op Gas

good evening gals.... after taking your advice of Peppermint tea & Gas-X...life is looking much brighter! thanks again to all of you! As for the pain I mentioned under my left breast...as Nurse /friend of mine said it also could be from when I was in surgery and "spread" open with various insturments...that can bruise that area, not to mention, they route around in there making sure all of your organs are in good working order, and that can add pain to that area after surgery. I guess,,,better safe than sorry as long as they have you opened up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register