scar tissue, painful intercourse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scar tissue, painful intercourse scar tissue, painful intercourse

Unread 10-28-2007, 08:03 AM
scar tissue, painful intercourse

4 1/2 months post-op

painful intercourse on my right side, as if there is an organ in the way. ultrasound showed nothing abnormal, but at a recent gyn exam, he explained that he attached the vaginal wall to ligaments (on right and left sides) to help prevent prolapse of vaginal wall. he said that sometimes, there is a build up of scar tissue and that this is the case for me on the right side.
he said that it might always hurt... or over time it may stop, or not hurt as much. his advice was to find a comfortable position. so far, there isn't one.
anyone else experienc this?

l.a.v.h., bladder suspension, ovaries and cervix removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 08:31 AM

i'm sorry youre going through this. i would suggest a second opinion, it cant hurt to get one
Unread 10-28-2007, 10:38 AM

I'm thinking, what about a steroid injection where the scar tissue is to shrink the lump down? This isn't something you can just live with, obviously. Your poor man waited all that time while you recovered, and needs to have intimacy w/you. Maybe you could take a pain killer 30-45 minutes before you two are intimate. Do you think that would help? Have you tried lubricant to avoid much friction over that sore area? Could you drink a glass or two of wine just before? I'm just brainstorming here, hoping something helps. Best wishes and good luck to you. Don't settle, sis, until you get it right, ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 10:16 PM

What Is The Pain Like? I Called My Dr And He Blew Me Off. So I Am Going To My Family Dr. I Am Hoping To Get Some Answer For My Pain. I Am Having Really Bad Cramps And Pain In My Lower Back With Some Pulling Feeling. Hope You Get Someone To Help You And A Hug For You.
Unread 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM

Oh my gosh! I know exactly where your pain is, I have it too. It is only on my right side. I had feeling that it was where the sling was stitched. It hurts so bad. I felt like I was being raped. My husband is very patient. I just started using vaginal dialaters. Have you ever heard of anyone using them? I hope they work..I though of taking Advil or something before we have sex. My husband doesn't want me to take pain meds just to have sex with him.
Unread 11-01-2007, 04:58 AM

princess48 & mrsnews...
it does feel like it could be the area where the sling is, and i asked. he said it's not that.
idahonurse...
thanks for the suggestions. i agree that a little wine before relaxes me more. i may try advil before
mrsnews...
i don't think there's anything wrong with the advil idea or even a pain killer. dr. only indicated that it's going to hurt, not that i should obstain so why not take something to eliminate the pain which keeps us from enjoying intimacy until we're better? he did say it may change.

cross our fingers!

i hope you all feel better soon.
Unread 11-01-2007, 11:12 AM

i'd definitely be getting a second opinion as suggested. there's obviously something not right if after all these months there is pain? pain is there as a warning, and taking a painkiller is only masking. also, having intercourse is only going to prolong the future healing time, if it is a "time" thing? but, i'd definitely try the wine thing, to see if its a matter of needing to be relaxed? if not, then off to the drs??? good luck with it, and hope it gets resolved easily.....gee.
Unread 11-02-2007, 04:59 AM

ok, you guys have talked me in to it. he's the head of gynecology and i'm of the opinion that he knows most...always going to new cources, highly respected here
but a second opinion wouldn't hurt.
thanks, ladies.
happy healing to everyone!!
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Had this issue. Turned out to be granulation tissue. Silver nitrate treatment took care of it. Haven't had a problem since then.

Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register