cuff pressure??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cuff pressure??? cuff pressure???

Unread 10-28-2007, 04:30 PM
cuff pressure???

Dear Sisters....

Had TAH/BSO on Oct 16th. No complications- just swelling in the beginning - now the "sausage like ridge" under my incision.

I'm almost 2 weeks out and have experienced a "sensation" that feels a little strange to me. Usually when standing- especially more than a few minutes - it feels like something "unusual" in the area where my cervix used to be. A kind of dull pressure feeling is the best I can describe it- almost like something might "fall out" so to speak. (Sorry if too graphic)

It's not constant and it's not painful, just weird.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?? Are these just "healing sensations" of the vaginal cuff area?

Not worried...... Just curious.

Thanks for your input on this.

Dinkum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 05:55 PM
cuff pressure???

Hi there..........I also feel pressure in that area........not necessarily like something "might fall out", but definitely that area is more sensitive than the rest. I've heard that there are a lot more nerve endings, etc. in the cervix....maybe this has something to do with it?

Like I said, mine is not pain, more of pressure and sometimes a "discomfort".......wierd.

Christine
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
cuff pressure???

Thanks Christine!

Glad to know it's not just me.

And you're right.... "discomfort" is probably a more accurate description. Nothing at all unbearable.... just noticeable.

Been reading some of your other posts.... glad to see that you're "hanging in there" with the recovery issues too. Surely we're headed for overwhelmingly good days after all of this is said and done.

Won't it be great?!?!?!?

Take care....

Dinkum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
cuff pressure???

Hi Dinkum,

I think what you are feeling is quite normal...I am 9 1/2 weeks out, and still feel alot of pressure (I kept my cervix)...but if I am on my feet for any length of time I can start to feel almost like a heaviness down there....I still say it our bodies telling us we are not quite there yet and to rest....you are still very early in recovery and will probably notice alot of different sensations in weeks to come as your body heals, nerve endings mend, scar tissue forms..there is so much going on.....best to just listen to when your body is telling you to slow down...good luck and best wishes during recovery
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:12 PM
cuff pressure???

Thanks for the encouragement!

I guess I'm just "aware" of so many sensations / feelings since my hyst... that every "new" development (especially if I haven't already seen it mentioned somewhere) makes me wonder if "all is well" with my healing process.

Everyone here has helped greatly by reassuring each other of what's to be expected and what's not.

Thanks again!

Dinkum
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
cuff pressure???

Good Morning Ladies,

I woke up this morning and what had been pressure and discomfort had turned to PAIN. I called and spoke to a nurse at my dr's office. The first thing she asked me when I told her about it was, "Were you on your feet or up and around more than you had been yesterday?"..........Well, yes, I felt great. Well ~ the orders are to take my percosets and REST.......SIT DOWN.......LAY DOWN whatever, but REST today........overdid it yesterday, having to pay for it today..........

So, I guess we should all cut back on the activity a tad!

Have a good day...........

Christine
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:18 AM
cuff pressure???

Quote:
Originally Posted by paininthe
Good Morning Ladies,

I woke up this morning and what had been pressure and discomfort had turned to PAIN. I called and spoke to a nurse at my dr's office. The first thing she asked me when I told her about it was, "Were you on your feet or up and around more than you had been yesterday?"..........Well, yes, I felt great. Well ~ the orders are to take my percosets and REST.......SIT DOWN.......LAY DOWN whatever, but REST today........overdid it yesterday, having to pay for it today..........

So, I guess we should all cut back on the activity a tad!

Have a good day...........

Christine

Hi Christine....sorry you are feeling worse today...I too planned on "laying around" today as I overdid it with being on my feet at a Halloween party Sat nite and yesterday all day running around looking for a new desk...I am not in "pain" though, just a nagging pressure that lets me know I did too much....I am not quite sure you should be in too much pain, so just watch that and if it does not subside with rest I would get it checked out....can never be too safe...good luck...and stay in bed or at least on the couch!!!
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:30 AM
cuff pressure???

Thanks, rbyra732, I was concerned about the pain. Last night it was pressure and discomfort, today definitely pain....they told me if rest and painkillers don't help today, to call them back............I won't mess around with this for too long before getting it checked out, believe me..........

Thanks, and I hope you get some rest and feel better today as well.

Christine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register