Books on surgical menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Books on surgical menopause Books on surgical menopause

Unread 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Books on surgical menopause

I need help finding info on surgical menopause. All the books I look at are more for natural menopause.....HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Let me know if you find one, but I cannot find one either. I even went to Borders and all books had like a couple pages on surgical meno and the rest on natural etc. I am 35 so we are pretty close in age I see. I had a LSO in 2000 and a TAH RSO 8/1/07.
Unread 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM

I also checked out Borders but I did it online,nothing..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 02:55 PM

If there was a book on Surgical Menopause it would be worth reading. It's really different then regular way. We get hit smack in the face. It's a rude awaking. Maybe we will get throught it quicker too.
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:26 PM

Finding a book on Surgical Menopause is near and dear to my heart, because after I had my hysterectomy and had everything taken out, I found out that I was a poor candidate for HRT, so it meant I was going to have to go cold turkey through this, and I felt all alone because nobody else in my family had to do this. I had no one to ask what the symptoms would be, or how I would feel. I looked everywhere for a book. Online, at the bookstores, literally everywhere. And I couldn't find a darn thing. The closest I came was to "Menopause" which we all know is NOT the same thing. I was so disappointed and frustrated. If they can write a book on everything else, why not this subject, that affects more women than most anything else?

Well, after all this time I still can't find a book on the subject. But if I ever do, I will let all of you girls know. Heck, if I had the time I'd write the book. Now that I'm 6 months post op, I remember what I felt to get to this point. And I'm still not on HRT. My dr. finally gave me some vaginal estrogen cream, but that is all I use. And boy, does that help.
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:53 PM

I buy my books on half.com, I found a book on Surgical Menopause, its called... A Patient Guide to Surgical Menopause (Hardcover, 1995) the notes say made available by Ciba-Geigy Corp., Pharmaceuticals Division. Additional information from plastic pocket on back of book is missing. There is one left at www.half.com but maybe you can find one on ebay too? Good luck... I found a website that deals with it too, but I cant get the link to paste here properly, do a google on Survivors guide to Surgical Menopause and follow that link, or private message me and I will send it to you there.. Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register