Panic attacks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic attacks Panic attacks

Unread 10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Panic attacks

I had SAH/BSO on October 18, 2007. I am 54 and was still getting periods at time of surgery. Now mostly I am freezing all the time with a few hot flashes. I have taken my body temputure and its been as low as 94. My biggest issue is I have severe panic disorder for last 17 years. Needed very little meds (a pill a day) of Xanax or Klonopin. Now whatever I take doesn't seem to work at times, at other times I seem at peace. Right now I am crazed. Headache, body aches, entire body hypersensitive to any type of imaginable pain. I am so worried this feeling will never end. Dr. does not want HRT because of other health issues and clots. Thank you sisters for all of your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Panic attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrose228
Many of you are experiencing almost the same things as I am. I had SAH/BSO on October 18, 2007. I am 54 and was still getting periods at time of surgery. Now mostly I am freezing all the time with a few hot flashes. I have taken my body temputure and its been as low as 94. My biggest issue is I have severe panic disorder for last 17 years. Needed very little meds (a pill a day) of Xanax or Klonopin. Now whatever I take doesn't seem to work at times, at other times I seem at peace. Right now I am crazed. Headache, body aches, entire body hypersensitive to any type of imaginable pain. I am so worried this feeling will never end. Dr. does not want HRT because of other health issues and clots. Thank you sisters for all of your support.

I know what you are going through. I've had severe panic attacks for just about all of my life, and I'm 45 years old. I need to take medication to keep them under control. But after I had my hysterectomy, I noticed the anxiety starting to get worse, whereas before the surgery, it was mostly under control. My dr. now has increased the medication I take. I have tried time after time to not take anything for them, to try and cope with medication. But I just can't. I'm going to need medication every day for the rest of my life. But I have finally come to terms with it and realize I'm not to blame for having them. I used to blame myself all the time, thinking I was causing them. Now I truely believe they are biological because many people in my family have them also. I wish you good luck.
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Panic attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Quilt
I know what you are going through. I've had severe panic attacks for just about all of my life, and I'm 45 years old. I need to take medication to keep them under control. But after I had my hysterectomy, I noticed the anxiety starting to get worse, whereas before the surgery, it was mostly under control. My dr. now has increased the medication I take. I have tried time after time to not take anything for them, to try and cope with medication. But I just can't. I'm going to need medication every day for the rest of my life. But I have finally come to terms with it and realize I'm not to blame for having them. I used to blame myself all the time, thinking I was causing them. Now I truely believe they are biological because many people in my family have them also. I wish you good luck.
I believe you are right about the anxiety being biological. I get anxiety very easily and it runs in my family too. I had panic attacks after surgery too but I'm doing better this week. I stopped blaming myself because I believe it's my genetic make up. The anitanxiety/antidepressant help a lot too. I'm on lexapro and that has made a world of difference and when I need it I take xanax. When you need the meds. they really help. All the best.

Pam, I hope you get through this difficult time. Anxiety is a terrible thing. Deep breathing helps and fresh air helps me. Someone once suggested meditation. I've never really tried that. I hope with each day passing you have more peace. Hang in there you are in my thoughts and prayers. Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register