Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbutrflyzz
I hope this goes away soon. I haven't taken any pain meds since the day of my surgery. So I know it's not the meds keeping me up. I also wake up in the night totally drenched in sweat, which makes for a hard night to sleep. I have my ovaries still, so I'm not going into menopause. Maybe my body is just having problems adjusting to no uterus, who knows??? I look forward to the day when my belly isn't swollen, and I can sleep a full night without problems. I'm just thankful I'm not in pain. Well I'll be up for a few more hours, so write back if you want, I'll be here, lol...
Vicki
Just a note to let you know I had terrible night sweats for first 2 weeks, but they do let up..............hang in there
beacher29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Sneezing is much worse than coughing. Might even be worse than hopping.

Unread 11-12-2007, 07:33 PM

It's been a while since I've posted... things are going impressively well. I'm almost 2 weeks post op and doing amazing! I went back to work on a limited basis about 5 days after my surgery. Have taken it very easy, and not lifted anything heavier than my purse! Most of my work is driving and that's been easy.
My post op visit with my surgeon is Wed and he told me that he'd probably release me totally at 2 weeks. He told me to wait 2 weeks to have sex, but I only made it 1 1/2 weeks. I was surprised that there was no discomfort... if there had been we'd have stopped.
I was really tired the week after the surgery, but I have my full energy back, maybe even more than I did for quite some time before the procedure. I'm so happy that I had this done! NO MORE bleeding!!! It's incredible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:41 PM

I am fairly new here, so learning my way around.
I am two weeks post op. Overall, have been doing well.
Did have problems with constipation, was on percocet pretty much every 4 hours the fisrt week. After gradually weaning, stopped taking them at 1 week 3 days due to constipation. Was off 2 days and then started having pain this weekend. Pain is like pelvic pressure pain. Pain to urinate, not burning just pain and pressure in rectum. Called Dr today will get urine checked tomorrow. She said to take percocet for the pain.
I am so uncomfortable, hurts to sit, walk. Finally decided to take Dr advice and take a percocet. Feel much better after I did. Still pressure but not as bad. Hope this passes quick. Haven't hurt like this the whole recovery. I'll update tomorrow.
Unread 11-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Trudy, Let us all know what the doc says and keep us updated on your progress. I hope this passes quickly!
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM

I have had a pretty good day other than the fact that i am still on pain meds.I tried without them but i am still in quite alot of pain!I also am starting to have cloudy urine with a strong bad smell to it.called my Dr.she said that since i go in on wed that she will check my urine then unless I start running a fever or start to have lowerback pain.I am really hoping that it is nothing.I am still having cramping whith going pee but I had to cath myself for the first 10 days post op so my bladder is not really happy withme right now!well good luck and speedy recovery for all my sisters,
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:18 PM

Amoureux I am surprised you had sex so soon. So, no pain? Wow, my doc told me at least six to eight weeks before I can try out the new and improved me,lol.. Well good for you , if it works and there was no pain at all, then woo hoo! My poor hubby has hung in there like a trooper, because I have had such severe pain that sex before the hysterectomy was horrible. I can't wait to find out if things have improved, I'm praying that they did. Take care and you all have a great night. Joellen, I know what you mean about sneezing, it's horrible isn't it?
Unread 11-13-2007, 06:26 AM

luvbutrflyzz, I had a very easy procedure. I only had my uterous removed laproscopically, cervix and ovaries left intact. So, as my doctor told me... he didn't do anything with the "business" side of things LOL
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:26 AM

I did way too much yesterday, I may end up spending most of the day in bed. So much for trying to wean completely off the percocet this week. Still only took it at night, and it was such a relief when I did yesterday I have to say.

As far as my bandaid question from yesterday the nurse never called, so I just bought that liquid bandaid stuff and it sealed it up right quick.

And I am trying to decide when to go back to work. It seems to me if I don't go back this week, I may as well not go back until after thanksgiving, so now all I need to do is get a hold of my boss to discuss... I do get bored, and I work from home but I'd hate for work to take away from my afternoon nap...Plus I am still quite uncomfortable painwise... I dunno...
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:36 AM

Yes, the issue of returning to work is at hand. 2 weeks post op tomorrow. I also have the priviledge of working full or part time from home. Full time seems way to much for me yet. I'm thinking I'll give it one more week, give me a chance to get over this bug I've caught at least. If I work part time from home, that's only 4 hours a day, I can mix it up however I wish .... and still get my afternoon nap if I need one

I'm going to try to walk my dog today. She really needs to walk. I hope this goes okay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register