Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Don't go back to work yet! My surgery was the 5th and I can't fathom even going back that early. I'm a realtor so I don't have that problem although i feel guilty because I have someone else taking care of my clients.

I have always been a crier but even more so now. My husband has been good about it although he asked if I could quit moaning with pain because it made him feel bad to know I hurt that much. Too bad for him. I cry when people call or send flowers or a card or when somone does something nice or they don't call or I have to ask people to do stuff for me. I told my husband I'm less one ovary now so I will be even more emotional. Crying really wears me out though but what are you going to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 01:01 PM

nerves
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM

I heard back from the dr and they think I may have overdone it yesterday... pshhh, I dont feel like I've done squat in 9 days!! They did say I was maybe a little over anxious thinking that Monday would be ok to return to work. My biggest thing though is my employer, we have a small office so when one person is missing it is definately felt by everyone. Anyways I just dont have it in me today, I might just call work and let them know that I'm going to sleep for the rest of the day.

Hope you are feeling better and I hear ya about the crying thing. All someone has to do is ask how I'm feeling and it's over.. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM

emotional, crying, yeah, must be part of the whole thing.

I called my hubby one day at work and just boo-hooed. He was sweet. Once he told me to call him, if I was crying. Yesterday, I was in the recliner for the millionth time and started to boo-hoo. My 20 yo son came in and hugged me and said that it was good timing that he came in at that time. He's not extremely expressive, so he really made me feel good.

I called about a cancer support group yesterday and cried. I said that I might start crying and she said why is that? She sounded compassionate, but it did get to me. I told that the word, cancer, is still new. the rest of hte call was nice.
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:13 PM

My incision is more sore now than it ever has been. Maybe that's because some of the other pain has subsided and I focus on it more? It hurts to touch it. 2 weeks post op today (TAH). Or it could be because of all the coughing and sneezing I've been doing.

When does this pain go away?
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Heloooooooooo,
Im going to be 5 weeks friday. I did alot of the crying in the first coulpe weeks, and a lot of night sweats. But it does get better. Still very tired and alot of pressur feelings. Be careful with the back to work to early. Iworked 8-5 today thought I was doing Ok until around the 8th hour, statred getting really tired. And now that I am home, I am paying for staying to long. Pain is back...so be real careful how soon you return to work.......Every one does think youre better than...love you all.beacher29
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM

I know, I am ready for the pain to go away too. I am sore just above the insision, bruised really and it drives me nuts sometime. Maybe its because some of the swelling has gone down? I dunno...

And I have all but convinced myself to stay gone until after the Thanksgiving holiday. I have a call into my boss. BUT I just got a call from someone I work with... and now i am dreading going back even more. Virtually nothing has been done in my area since I left, and its going to be absolutely miserable when I do return. Its not fair! When people take time off during critical project phases, I pick up the slack. Is it so much to ask the same is done when I am gone! Only one out of three projects are moving without me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I don't want to go back to work and have to work 18 hour days just to catch up!

Sorry I had to whine
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanietoner
I heard back from the dr and they think I may have overdone it yesterday... pshhh, I dont feel like I've done squat in 9 days!! They did say I was maybe a little over anxious thinking that Monday would be ok to return to work. My biggest thing though is my employer, we have a small office so when one person is missing it is definately felt by everyone. Anyways I just dont have it in me today, I might just call work and let them know that I'm going to sleep for the rest of the day.

Hope you are feeling better and I hear ya about the crying thing. All someone has to do is ask how I'm feeling and it's over.. haha
Oh .....I understand, Iwork in a small office also, and im the only full time girl, so the other 2 girls have had to pick up the slack.........They were good about it , but I didnt come back as quick as I thought I would. Believe it...........It will work out..........take care of yourself, You are the most important person right now............love and blessings.beacher29
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to be very careful about when I plan to return to work. I called my boss today and suggested next Wednesday but she said wait until after Thanksgiving.

I'm going to work from home, only part time, it shouldn't be too bad. I can't imagine going back into the office yet. Wearing real clothes again? Forget it, no way. And it's not just the work load I'm concerned about, it's also my emotional stability. If I'm crying for nothing now, how will I act when work starts getting stressful. I know it will.
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:43 PM

I bought two new sweat pant suits today So I'll have something somewhat acceptable to wear to thanksgiving dinner, not ready to wear jeans, but I did check and they do still fit, just with a bit more of a muffintop than I'd like

If I could work part time that would be good, but I don't think it would work. With nothing being done in nearly three weeks? I dunno. I hope my boss calls me tonight, and I can go over some things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register