Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Remember Summersurfer...................you are the most important.....take care of yourself first. I felt guilty tooooo..but once you go back they think you are fine...so just be careful..........................beacher29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 04:48 PM

I have that same worry. I already have been told, as you were, that things are stacking up and it's all going to wait till I get back. Not sure how to approach the boss though. She won't be happy about waiting.

Hope your incision starts to feel better
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:45 PM

I think I over did it today .I have been pacing alot and I tried to do the dishes this mornin and picked up the crocpot it was a little heavy.I started to have really aching pains inside.I took some pain pills so hopefully that will help.I go back to the Dr Monday but he told me I will be out 6 weeks I have a stand up job stay on my feet 9 hrs a day so that might be why. well going now thanks for letting me talk. or babble any way
Melanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 06:12 AM

I tried skipping the stool softeners yesterday. Big mistake!!

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Feeling Sore

I am 2 weeks today from TAH. The incision area didn't seem to bother me until a few days ago. It seems to be a bit MORE swollen than last week. And the area is so sensative....

I've been really good not to do too much...(I think) I'm watching my house get a bit "out of control" around me... kids and hubby don't seem to think it needs to be cleaned as much as me...

Feel like I'm going a bit backwards from last week. I felt pretty good (although moving slow). More sore nowand seem to have less numbness. Maybe that's why?
Anyone else have this happen?

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:06 AM

I did that the other day. That was the most pain I've had since surgery. Stay on it ... it can't hurt.

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:26 AM

I think my numbness is being replaced by a beautiful bruise from about my belly button to my incision. To the point where even my PJ bottoms are irritating. And my non-granny but slightly larger panties are starting to slip off the ledge that is my swollen belly right onto my incision.

Today I have a nice pain on my right side, and I maybe feeling somewhat sick to my stomach. But I may have taken my motrin too soon, and that could be the problem. And the pain on the right side, could just be gas again.

I am really getting anxious about work. My boss hasnt called me back or responded to my email, I fear I am being used as a scapegoat for why things are the way the are and my reputation is being tarnished...

So basically, today I feel like crap and am irrationally paranoid
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:32 AM

Irrationally paranoid LOL I hope it's better than you think it is. We deserve a break, don't we? We're going through so much, really. After my crying jag yesterday I think my son really saw the need to step up to the plate. He came home, cooked dinner, did laundry, brought me a cup of hot tea, and was generally very helpful. Little things make a huge difference, don't they?

I am definitely not skipping the stool softeners anymore. Not worth it.

I'm doing okay. My incision is very sore, sure it's from coughing so much.

My son brought up Thanksgiving this morning. Today I feel like I just want to stay home by myself. Maybe I'll feel different next week
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:09 AM

thanks I am sure its not that bad. My boss has always been supportive and just wants me to get better. And I gave a lot of reminders and such before I left including what if senerios. I did everything possible to make sure they had what they needed in case of prolonged absense. . I am one of those people that somehow seems to feel responsible when other people make mistakes and drop the ball. Completely totally irrational.

Sounds like you have a great son. It really is those little things

I hope next week is better for all of us
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:25 AM

Had mine on 10.30. I go back today for post-op. They refused to renew the pain meds last week saying I "should not have pain".

I need to talk to her about that today because I DO have pain and not dealing with the pain is depressing me and all I do is lie in bed trying to cradle my belly so it does not hurt.

I hate when doctors treat us like we all should be fitting in some nice little small box.

I know she is going to want to talk hormones, they stuck me on .625 premarin after I had a breakdown post-op, but for me, I think the pain is more important than the hormones right now since I cannot think straight.

Meh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register