Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Hi Meh.

I had a TAH on Nov. 2 and they left one ovary. I normally have a high tolerance to pain but have been popping the pills like candy. Still need them and just got another refill. As I've learned, pain management is important and once it spirals out of control, it's hard to reign in.

There are lots of options out there for pain management -- whether you "should" have pain or not is irrelevant. You do. Maybe your doc would be willing to give you a different med -- my doctor switched me from Vicodin to Tylenol with codeine.

I think you need to get your pain under control first and then worry about hormone therapy. Once you can get it under control, try some deep breathing exercises coupled with the meds.

Best of luck to you.
In empathy,
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM

I know I am having problems with my pain when i sit straight up in a chair or something like that when I lay down it is not as bad it feels like it is inside I hate it I just wish it would hurry up and heal .I cannot sleep all through the night if I take a pain pill but if I don't take one I hurt danged if you do and danged if you don't . Thanks for letting me vent. Melanie
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:19 PM

Woot. She gave me more pain meds and Levaquin as I have a bladder infection. I always feel so vindicated when I get proof that SOMETHING was wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm having this nagging burning pain in my very lower back area, right side. Percocet barely touches it. It's driving me nuts. GO AWAY.
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Surgery on October 29

I returned home on Wednesday after surgery. It has been a slow two and a half weeks. The things that have helped me are I have been wearing "old lady" all cotton underwear under my PJ's which prevents rubbing and irritation at the incision site. I have been sleeping almost sitting up. It really helps when trying to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I have found that a towel over my abdomen gives me some support and protection from something knocking my incision. I hope this has been helpful.
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
2 weeks today!

Hi all. I had my LAVH on 11/1. Felt great the 2 days I was in the hospital! 11/3 started throwing up, nurse said it was the pain meds. 11/5 started hot flashes and nausea. I kept my ovaries but Dr. said they may be in shock from the surgery. I felt really bad for 4 days. Anxiety, nausea, and hot flashes. Dr. started me on .5 Estradiol. I went back to work on monday the 12th. Everyday I feel better! See the Dr. tomorrow for 2 week check. I still have some trouble sleeping, wake up around 5:30 and can't go back to sleep. I am so happy to have found this sight. It has been great to read everyones posts and educate myself. Prayers to all my hystersisters who are recovering and also to those preparing for the journey.
God Bless!
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:52 PM

I had my 2 week post op yesterday and my doctor released me completely. Back to work with no restrictions, I can lift any amount of weight, I can go back to the gym, and best of all I can have unlimited sex again! LOL

I've still got a little bit of bleeding from the LEEP procedure (we did that instead of taking out the cervix) The great news is that he was able to get all of the dysplasia and all the margins are clean. My doc gave me the HPV shot, even though I'm past the recommended age for it so that hopefully I'll keep from getting the dysplasia back again. Have to have the shot again in 2 months and that's it. Another PaP in 3 months. That's the only down side to keeping the cervix. But worth it.

I have to say that my surgeon was amazing! I had the best experience anyone could ever have considering the circumstances.

Good luck to everyone!
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:42 PM

wow I can't even think about wanting to have sex right now!and I really can't even think about going back to work!I picked up one of my 20pound dogs earlier today and thought i was going to pass out!you go girl!
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:30 AM

I'm wondering if I have (or am starting to get) a yeast infection. I'm a little itchy, but it's mostly external (vulva) rather than inside. Well, I see the doc Monday so if it's still going on, I'll be able to ask about it.

Yesterday I was still feeling the effects of Monday's overdoing. I went for a walk (about 20 min, pretty slow) and then out to lunch (no driving for me, just along for the ride) and by the evening I was definitely sore.

Also have had a couple of hot flashes.
I don't know anything about hormones. I've read some stuff on this site but it's very confusing. I think I need a book. Can anyone recommend one? Let me know.
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:41 AM

Sex ??? Dear lord, not a chance LOL

I'm feeling better though! But I think the next few weeks will be very difficult. I feel good enough to get stir crazy but I know I still can't do much. It's very deceptive, isn't it? I've already done a few things that I've regretted very much the next day. I am off pain meds almost entirely. I do usually take a percocet later in the day because of coughing so much.

And I haven't cried in two days !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register