Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

This a.m. I went to church and out for lunch. It was OK, though I sat down during one of the hymns. I wore regular clothes with elastic waistband though. It was nice to get out.

Even though I need some rest now, I feel better than the last time I went out.

I'm still pondering plans for Thanksgiving. I told my hubby that it will be hard to not "do" everything.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM

Hey All,

Just reading over the last few pages and catching up with everyone's, colds, infections and sex.... seems i've missed much!!

I'm almost 2 weeks post op and actually doing okay. I'm down to 2 doses of really wimpy pain meds once in the morning and late afternoon and by the evening I'm sore from just being up and around. Sometimes a bit of painful tugging here and there. I have no discharges but the bruising is seriously coming out around the incision and it's really warped!

I've made it out of the house to the end of the alley and back, I'm still amazed you guys are heading out to public arenas!

Hope everyone is getting stronger every day. You're in my thoughts.
Unread 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM

I'm a slide sleeper and would give my kingdom to get over there. I haven't slept on my side since the op and apart from everything else going no too bad, my back is KILLING ME by morning time.

Anyone else a side sleeper? And if so, have you made it back there? And if so.... H O W ?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM

I woke up this morning,sleeping on my stomach. Am I crazy! I have been sleeping on my side too, even in the hospital. I am a side sleeper and have been so uncomfortable to sleep on my side because of this big fibroid and now that it is gone I find myself on my side. I tried to sleep on my back but I can't. I feel like I can't breath that way.....Are we not supose to sleep on our back or belly???? Doctor never told me anything about it.
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:22 PM

I am also surprised that so many sisters are already up and about out in public. I have not been out since doctors visit last week. I get tired just walking around the house. I am sooooo bored!!!!!!
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:41 PM

I'm back to sleeping on my side again, one side. Sometimes it doesn't work too well, like something is pulling inside so I have to go back to laying on my back.

I've been able to sleep on my side though, sometimes, for about a week now.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Horomones

Hi. I have not been here for a few weeks. I had my hysterectomy on 10/30. Recovery is going good, but I have a bladder infection right now and my horomones are out of control. My uterus and left ovary were taken, but I have my right. Is this hormonal thing I'm going through normal? I am very emotional and a little too high strung for my husband. He can't take it anymore. "Oh well buddy...leave then" is basically my answer. Support around here has not been the greatest; they are handling it I guess the best that they can. (All males in the home....even my dog).

Are my horomones supposed to be out of control right now after a hysterectomy or am I using it as an excuse to be a b______h.?

Thanks for reading.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:11 PM

Thanks I went to church this morning and when I got home I was having a lot of pain and then I went to bed. I go to the Dr in the mornin so wish me luck My husband thinks the Dr will whip me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farming Fun
arafel
Go to bed and stay put. I went to WM at 2 weeks and did not have the bleeding but lots of pain. Week 2-3 has sort of sucked since my shopping trip. Hope your bounce back is quicker.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farming Fun
Anyone with rectal and pelvic pain, feels like when i was having a really bad period. Really hurts to sit down and to walk, bm's are rough too! I am almost 3 weeks post op...

This can also be tied into feeling put back on the back burner, as we started hunting season this weekend.... Up early, hunt, out to breakfast, home to watch any televised sport until time to hunt and eat again. I feel my status as princess has taken a back seat to game trails and manly stuff. Having a little meltdown to go with new princess status and hot flash - freeze warning - hot flash. Will just work in a few cries until the guns get put back up!

Think tomorrow i will just disappear into what we call my cave and sulk.... how pathetic is that. got to keep ovaries, hope they snap out of it and start to work again soon, this me really sucks! Thank God for my dogs, they love me even when i am not sure they should, funny how a bunch of pups just seem to get it! Dogs rock! This sucks!
Hi Farming - I see we had surgery the same day - I had a lot of procedures, and am having some of the meltdown symptoms you are having. My hubby had to work a ton this past week, and I have been left feeling very neglected, and had a meltdown last night. I'm not liking that at all. I'm hoping my ovaries aren't too angry with me and will get me back to where I was before - I seem to be able to cry pretty easily - not a lot, but it does happen.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm a side sleeper, also. Even in the hospital, my doc said to roll side to side. After the first 3-4 days, I could sleep on my left side. My right side seemed to have more discomfort. My incision goes further on my right side, so that might make a difference. Sometimes I have to shift a bit to get comfortable.

I typically would pull my knees up when on my side. I have not been doing this. I was already trying not to because this position seems to aggravate my upper back that is beginning to hump. (which is a whole different issue)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register