Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebratt
I came home with a straight cath because I could not pass urine on my own at all.Now that I am 3 weeks out I am able to pass urine but I am not able to empty my bladder all the way and I am still having to straight cath my self atleast 4 times a day to make sure everything is getting out.I also have a UTI/kidney infection that i am on antibiotics for.If you still have the feeling of not being empty I would call your doc and let them know.You don't want the bladder infection turning into something worse.please take care and let us know how you are doing.
Thank you so much for the info. My bladder situation is making me nervous. What is a straight cath by the way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 10:48 PM

I had a fallen bladder.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurert
Why do you have a bladder sling? Prolapse?
Stress incontence.Every time I would sneeze,cough or laugh real hard I would start to go.I had 6 kidney infections in one year and also kidney stones so my doc thinks that might be why I have such a weak bladder.so she put in a sling.I asked how long it would be before i would be able to empty my bladder all the way on my own and she told me it could take up to 6 weeks before everything relaxed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Dirtytoo did this happen after your hysterectomy?
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebratt
Stress incontence.Every time I would sneeze,cough or laugh real hard I would start to go.I had 6 kidney infections in one year and also kidney stones so my doc thinks that might be why I have such a weak bladder.so she put in a sling.I asked how long it would be before i would be able to empty my bladder all the way on my own and she told me it could take up to 6 weeks before everything relaxed.
Thank you for the info.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:55 PM

no, I had the bladder sling done in March, and the hysterectomy done 17 days ago.
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirytoo
My 11 year old son tries, but with 5 cats and 1 dog, the sweeper needs run just about every day!
Understood. Well, I don't have pets, but I understand how there is that urge to just handle what needs to be handled.

You gotta take care of you right now though. I know as women we have that tendency to do for others and keep stuff up before we think of ourselves. If you happen to be a single parent (I am), then it's like a double whammy of the above.

I really do urge you to let things go that you can let go right now though. I know the recovery time seems like eons, but if you pace yourself it will be shorter than if you overdo, and knock yourself backwards.

~hugs~
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:22 AM

Ughhh

I woke up this morning feeling very sore. Spotting has definitely increased.

I was going to try to drive into the office today to pick up my free turkey. I don't think I'll do that.

I can't think of any reason, other than the day-long coughing, that would cause this.

3 weeks this Wednesday, TAH.

Bluh.
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Side Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie1
I'm a slide sleeper and would give my kingdom to get over there. I haven't slept on my side since the op and apart from everything else going no too bad, my back is KILLING ME by morning time.

Anyone else a side sleeper? And if so, have you made it back there? And if so.... H O W ?????
I'm 2 1/2 weeks from surgery. Feeling pretty good, just get tired really fast.

I'm a side sleeper also... didn't dare try it until 2nd week. I didn't feel comfortable going fully on my side (was just nervous). So I put a small rolled pillow to the side my back was facing so I could lean against it a bit while on my side. I also put a somewhat flat pillow between my knees to take the pressure off my back. Although I was surrounded by pillows, I slept very well and my back got some much needed releif ! !
Hope this helps.
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM

I had a bladder sling 4 - 5 years ago for control issues. I knew it was time for something when I had to leave work to change clothes. I had a few accidents on the way home. Coughing and sneezing were unbearable. I was in my early 40s and way too young for depends. I couldn't tolerate the dry-up meds. My doc said that they wouldn't dry me out too much, but I think that's what happened.

I was out on a hot day at a school outing. Thankfully, medics were on hand. I was told that I was just moments from needing to go to ER. I'm certain that the meds had something to with it. I was well hydrated and had only been out a few min.

the pre-op testing was rather extensive and difficult. The surgery was well worth it. I stayed overnight, but I understand that this surgery is easier now. I had a cath and packing overnight. The nurse at my doc's office told me that now this surgery is out-patient and the cath and packing comes out while you are still asleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register