Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

well day 19, more discomfort this week than at all, i have not been having anything other than paracetamol in first week. Went out today 2 hours no lifting just gentle stroll round shops.. Now im bleeding not heavy but more than before.. have kept my overies but i always know when i was ovulating as i got pain, that pain is there in same place. I am unable to sleep in day atall, and have not since day 3. And getting around 6 ish hours at night but feel exhausted. AND my bloomin head still fuzzy wuzzy not dizzy. But no temperatures or real unbearable pain.. Somedays i wish i could have periods just once a month than this, feeling at moment. However, cant go back now.
xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 08:45 AM

I'm at day 20 and I'm really struggling to keep my chin up. I woke up this morning, 2nd day in a row, feeling really sore. I seem to feel better once I get up and move around a bit, have some coffee.

Seriously lacking in motivation. I'm tired, I'm blah. I have company coming over around lunchtime. I'm thankful for that, otherwise I might just sit here all day in my jammies feeling yucky. I need a gentle push today

I wonder if my car will still start
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:18 AM

i think we all need a group hug...

My other big news of the morning.... I have the start of a cold... whooohooo... I am so something I could cry...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 09:58 AM

You and Littlebratt huh? Mine is finally breaking up, still coughing a bit but not _really_ hard. It was awful being sick my 2nd week home but can you imagine how bad it would have been my 1st week post-op? God is kind.

I think I figured out what's going on with the pain in my right side. My incision is healing nicely, but more nicely on the left side. I removed the steristrips on the left side after my shower this morning. The right side is not ready though, there's dried blood at the incision and it's got a noticeable hard bump underneath. That's what's been hurting when I've been coughing. So I left those steristrips on just in case my incision needs a little bit of extra support still.

So, 2/3rds of my steristrips are history !! Wouldn't it be nice if we were all healed on the inside as quickly as the outside huh?

Group hug, that was nice SummerSurfer Get well soon. Feel free to come here and cry ... I certainly did my share of that. ha ha ... still am!!

Unread 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM

glad to see someone else here from Arkansas.Glad everything is going well for you.I also had my surgery the 5th.Had a laproscopic/vaginal and my bladder tacked.I am doing alot better I have had a couple of bad days sunday and Monday but today seems better.I have had some bleeding.I go back to the doctor tomorrow.Take care
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:33 AM

I am a side sleeper and was going nuts in the hospital on my back. Asked if it would be okay if I laid on my side and the nurse encouraged it! Yes! Been doing it since then, but I do find I change positions often: one side, then the other, then my back, sometimes almost on my belly. It helps to pull my knees up a bit and if I am laying on my left side, I put my right leg over the other a bit. Relatively comfy! But I wake up so often during the night just hot as can be-not sweating, but HOT. Ugh. It lasts a few minutes, then I'm cold again, since I have the windows open!

I haven't been too emotional, but today am feeling very down and cried on my way home from an eye doctor appt. Feeling not completely whole. Also, I am concerned about what affect all of this will have on my sex drive. I have to control what I allow my head to think--unhealthy, negative thoughts are not helpful to recovery and a good frame of mind.

On a positive note, I've been trying to eat healthy (South Beach), and drop a few pounds while I am home with a less- than-overwhelming schedule! My work schedule is so varied and busy, that meals are very random and always on the run. I am fitting into pants that I hadn't worn for a few months! I will weigh myself after two weeks to see how many pounds this translates to!

I can't be sure the crying thing is hormone related or just having a bad day.

TAH/BSO 10/31/07
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM

xyzfallingstar,
I can so relate! I am also a side sleeper, but I have yet to resume that position. I can't even sleep in my bed because I can't sleep on my back. So I have been living in our rec room on our couch that reclines. However, this morning I was so tired that after the kids got off to school I just went and crawled into my bed. That is the first time I have napped during the day (trying to get back into a normal sleep pattern). I actually managed to lay on my side for several minutes - I was thrilled! Scared to push it too hard though, just got staples removed yesterday.

While I dozed, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up feeling quite frisky! I was beyond thrilled - I was so scared that that part of me was somehow messed up in the surgery. Is that crazy? Anyway, I've got quite a while before I can even consider being intimate with my DH, but it felt great to feel something. I was really worried about how I would do because I am on no hormones at all. So far, not bad. A few hot flashes every now and then, but certainly nothing I can't handle. My prayers go out to all who are suffering that hormone merry-go-round.

As far as eating, my theory was that since I was on a liquid diet for 4 days my stomach must have shrunk and I wanted to take advantage of that. I have been eating very small meals about 4 times a day. I am currently 10 lbs lighter than I was before my surgery (15 days ago). At least something good has come out of this experience. I definitely needed to lose some weight. I'm looking for any silver lining!

Wishing everyone a better day today than yesterday,
Tammy

TAH/BSO
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:16 PM

Looks like we had the same thing done except he tucked my rectum what ever that means. I am doing real good today no pain meds today woohoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybunch05
glad to see someone else here from Arkansas.Glad everything is going well for you.I also had my surgery the 5th.Had a laproscopic/vaginal and my bladder tacked.I am doing alot better I have had a couple of bad days sunday and Monday but today seems better.I have had some bleeding.I go back to the doctor tomorrow.Take care
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
What else can go wrong?

Hi all,Well I just got back from the doctor and we have my vomiting under controll but I still have a cold and now I also have a allergic rash all over my tummy,back,neck and going into my scalp.We don't know what I am allergic to so I have to stop all of my meds for the next 4days and see if the rash goes away.If it does not go away then I may have a virus.I am missrable!I was changed to a differnt antibiotic for my bladder/kidney infection so it won't get any worse but I really hurt form being out for so long.I guess I will just cuddle up with my heating pad and call it a day.this really sucks!I hope everybody else if felling better.
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
3 weeks

Hi

This is the first time I have posted here. Been reading for a while though. It has helped.

I had TVH on October 30 and overall have felt great, no pain, able to get around, sleep, eat and everything else until today. It's three weeks since I had surgery and I feel like I have been hit by a transport truck. I'm exhausted and more sore than I was immediately after surgery.

I have been taking it easy, not doing too much, walking a bit every day and only doing light things, mail folding etc. Not sure why I feel so bad, anyone else feel like this?

Teddycat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register