Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Hi ladies, it's been a while since I posted in this forum. I had a TAH on 11/01 and I've had my ups and downs, like most of you.
My thing is I'm bored out of my mind I'm by myself all day long. And today I feel very sad. I just want to get on with my life. Unfortunatly I have a hole in the incision that keeps draining and I can't drive yet.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 04:40 PM

Well, I've managed 2 days on the treadmill, and it is sad to think how weak I feel afterwards. I'm not talking power walking, I'm talking 1/2 a mile in 10 minutes. At the end, I am out of breath and shaky. That's about enough to make me cry.

I suppose the good news is that eventually I will be able to move without feeling so conscious of my body, and I will re-gain lost strength. That said, the ab exercises on my bowflex are probably months away still.

I think I must be a wuss, because at 23 days post op, I can't imagine doing some of the things some of you all are doing. More power to you though!
Unread 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity911
Well, I've managed 2 days on the treadmill, and it is sad to think how weak I feel afterwards. I'm not talking power walking, I'm talking 1/2 a mile in 10 minutes. At the end, I am out of breath and shaky. That's about enough to make me cry.

I suppose the good news is that eventually I will be able to move without feeling so conscious of my body, and I will re-gain lost strength. That said, the ab exercises on my bowflex are probably months away still.

I think I must be a wuss, because at 23 days post op, I can't imagine doing some of the things some of you all are doing. More power to you though!
No, you are not a wuss. It seems that everyone is recovering at at different rate. I, too, had surgery on 29th. I was hoping to go back to work on Monday of next week but realized this morning that it wasn't going to happen. I think the most important thing is to be patient with yourself. You are doing great. 10 minutes on the treadmill............YOU GO GIRL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess G
Hi ladies, it's been a while since I posted in this forum. I had a TAH on 11/01 and I've had my ups and downs, like most of you.
My thing is I'm bored out of my mind I'm by myself all day long. And today I feel very sad. I just want to get on with my life. Unfortunatly I have a hole in the incision that keeps draining and I can't drive yet.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving day
Hey, Princess G

I am so bored too! I am going out of my mind. I feel like people come and go in the evening and I just stay in the house all day and all night. It is so gloomy outside to and tomorrow it might snow. Family is coming in tomorrow and the house is a wreck!! EEEKKK! I can't drive yet either.
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.eo
No, you are not a wuss. It seems that everyone is recovering at at different rate. I, too, had surgery on 29th. I was hoping to go back to work on Monday of next week but realized this morning that it wasn't going to happen. I think the most important thing is to be patient with yourself. You are doing great. 10 minutes on the treadmill............YOU GO GIRL!
I am too a wuss, because your reply brought tears to my eyes. ~lol~ Thank you for the support. I needed it more than I realized, I think.

Blessings and ~hugs~
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity911

You are not a wuss.It just took me 10min to walk around my back yard with my dogs!my yard is only 1/4 of an acre!I can't even think about a treadmill!I am in the army and was supposed to be able to take my physical fitness test in Jan.I don't think that will be happening!No way am I going to be able to do 1 situp let alone the 55 that they think I have to do to pass!and I don't see me running 2miles any time real soon.Good luck with your teadmill and way to go!
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:16 PM

1/2 mile in 10 min ... that sound pretty good. That's a 20 min mile which is a pretty good clip.

I've been walking for 15 min this week. today I went to my work's gym to visit and walk on the track. I walked around the track two times in 15 min. Each lap is 1/6 of a mile, so I walked 1/3 of a mile in 15 min.

I used to (and will again) walk 10 - 15 min miles.

For now, I'm just focusing on how long I walk. Other than being on the track today, I haven't even thought about how far I have been walking.

My slow pace just seems right for me. Any faster and my weird skin sensation acts up. I feel like I can walk faster, but I don't think it's good to increase my stride.

I've been doing weightless bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, but at less than 1/2 range of motion.
Unread 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebratt
Hi all,Well I just got back from the doctor and we have my vomiting under controll but I still have a cold and now I also have a allergic rash all over my tummy,back,neck and going into my scalp.We don't know what I am allergic to so I have to stop all of my meds for the next 4days and see if the rash goes away.If it does not go away then I may have a virus.I am missrable!I was changed to a differnt antibiotic for my bladder/kidney infection so it won't get any worse but I really hurt form being out for so long.I guess I will just cuddle up with my heating pad and call it a day.this really sucks!I hope everybody else if felling better.
Why did I ask what else could go wrong?Now we are supposed to get up to 3in. of SNOW tommrow and tommrow night.Oh well at least I won't be pushing it.now i just need to find someone who will.
Unread 11-21-2007, 06:22 AM

Littlebratt, I see you're up til the wee hours of the morning. Are you getting enough sleep? I'm taking 2 tylenol PM's at bedtime, it seems to be helping. I'm so jealous of your snow! All we have is cold cold rain

I'm going to my sister's for Thanksgiving tomorrow. She told me I didn't have to bring anything but I'm thinking about making a cake today.

3 weeks post op today I find it somewhat distressing that I'm as sore as I am.

I was talking to one of my guy friends last night. I asked my son if he would get me a cup of tea. I felt really bad last night, had just taken a percocet -- can you believe that? 3 weeks out ??? Anyway, my guy friend said to me, "Get your own cup of tea." I was somewhat taken aback by that and tried to explain but he said I was "milking it for all it was worth." That must have really upset me, I'm still thinking about it this morning!

Hope you're feeling better today, Littlebratt. I think it's going to be somewhat of a hard day for many of us? The day before Thanksgiving ... I feel like I should be doing much more than making one cake ?? But it will be a GREAT cake
Unread 11-21-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddycat
Hi

This is the first time I have posted here. Been reading for a while though. It has helped.

I had TVH on October 30 and overall have felt great, no pain, able to get around, sleep, eat and everything else until today. It's three weeks since I had surgery and I feel like I have been hit by a transport truck. I'm exhausted and more sore than I was immediately after surgery.

I have been taking it easy, not doing too much, walking a bit every day and only doing light things, mail folding etc. Not sure why I feel so bad, anyone else feel like this?

Teddycat
Hello sweet princess,
Its been 5 weeks plus since my tvh..and I still am very tired and have a lot of pressure and still some pain. Doc says my stiches are not healed yet says it just takes time and we are all different.so hang in there
love princess Marguerite

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register