Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Quote:
I sit, and sit and sit and stand and walk and sit and eat and sit.
It's easier to laugh now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEllen49
It's easier to laugh now
Absotively!
Unread 11-25-2007, 10:46 AM

Guess what !!!!!

I walked my dog ha ha ha, not quite like that

First I cleaned up the yard to get my blood flowing and to stretch and warm up a bit. I walked her down the block and up a long slow hill, and back. Maybe a mile, probably a bit less.

When I got to the top of the hill I felt some twinges in my left side so had to walk real soft on the way back. Now I'm reclining. I thought I could do this without feeling anything afterwards ....

WRONG!!!

I definitely feel like I did something. But I think it's okay, I think I should do this again tomorrow.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Dear JoEllen49

I am having the blues to and I did keep my ovaries. Had a meltdown yesterday. My friend Laura was going to come over and cook steak on the grill for our family. My oven has been broken since my surgery. Husband and neighbor tried to fix it with new part and my husband accidentally droped the piece and it broke. Then I went out to check the grill and found out all the insides of the grill a rusted out. After that our phones went dead. Needless to say I was ready to give up on the evening and started crying. My wonderful husband called my Friend to explain we had no way to cook the steaks and I was fed up. Laura suggested we all come to her house. At first I said no then my husband convinced me that I might need a change of seanery. We went, I am tired today and sore but it was nice to get out.

I think the blues are normal even if ovaries are not removed. I know that I am frusterated that things that need to be done I can't yet do. I really can not ask my husband to do much more, he had been wonderful.

I think we just need a little more time to heal. I'm not sure working yet would be for me but if your doctor said it was ok, maybe it will help.

Take care

Imcrazee
Unread 11-25-2007, 01:04 PM

I have been trying to venture out each day. Whether it is walk around the block or out to buy milk. I find that I am much more able to handle the solitude if I get out each day even if its just for a little while.

I was more emotional the first 2 weeks. Very lonely and felt unloved. But the better I feel physically, the better I feel mentally. Thank goodness for the internet and this website. Without it I would have gone mad.
Unread 11-25-2007, 01:20 PM

I am so depressed sitting here day after day.I went to the doctor for my 2wk postop.he had to go in and fix where I was bleeding from.When I go in a vehicle I have to sit on a pillow,or I will start bleeding.I feel so alone right now.My husband want even hug me or anything.I wish I could feel better real soon.
Unread 11-25-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybunch05
I am so depressed sitting here day after day.I went to the doctor for my 2wk postop.he had to go in and fix where I was bleeding from.When I go in a vehicle I have to sit on a pillow,or I will start bleeding.I feel so alone right now.My husband want even hug me or anything.I wish I could feel better real soon.
I promise it will get better. It seems endless all the time just sitting there not able to do some of the things you would like to do to feel like you are accomplishing something. Did the doctor tell you why you were bleeding. Some times it helps to know why something is happening and know that it will pass eventually.

When I was 2 weeks post op I was telling everyone I was going to die alone, that no one loved me, and that the gravy train was over. It is terrible to feel that way but as I said earlier. I will get better. Try to be patient, be good to yourself. Try to relax, if you can, and give yourself permission to heal.

Stay well.
Unread 11-25-2007, 02:30 PM

I'm sorry to here that orhters are having a hard time still. I'm 3 1/2 wks post op from a complete lapo hytorectomy, on hormone therapy, felt great at first but now i'm feeling a little blue went back to work way to soon now my family acts like I should do everything normal at home and i'm using surgery as an exscuse but i'm not i'm still sore, I have aches every where like I have the flu and my lower back is killing me, is this from surgery? I get upset at how tires I am too. I feel like I could sleep forever.
Unread 11-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinatans
I'm sorry to here that orhters are having a hard time still. I'm 3 1/2 wks post op from a complete lapo hytorectomy, on hormone therapy, felt great at first but now i'm feeling a little blue went back to work way to soon now my family acts like I should do everything normal at home and i'm using surgery as an exscuse but i'm not i'm still sore, I have aches every where like I have the flu and my lower back is killing me, is this from surgery? I get upset at how tires I am too. I feel like I could sleep forever.
My lower back is sore too. I think it is because we are overcompensating for our abdomens.
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:29 PM

moving furniture - gee - I can't go this on a good day. Emotional - yes, I've been this way some, but not too much. The emotions are a combination of things, I think. Just going through surgery is emotional.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register