Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Oh Littlebratt, will we ever be normal again ?? 5AM, that's a long night! I can get to sleep, but can't stay asleep and seem to want to wake up way too early, and then can't sleep during the day for whatever reason. I definitely wish I could get more sleep!

Some talk here about Week 3. I thought Week 3 was the WORST! I felt terrible, the pain was awful, I was not happy. And the bleeding increased, changed colors. But I got through it. Now I'm Week 4 and a little bit better but still alot of pain. I walked my dog yesterday, I think that's my problem. And Littlebratt, she tried to walk her dogs but fell on her butt. We love our dogs, don't we LOL

At least none of us here fell into the toilet at 4AM on Day 3. Did we? I didn't. The husband did it, left the toilet seat up. BAD.

Silver nitrate scares me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:07 PM

I have wonderd the same thing! I think I have forgoten what normal is! I think that week 3 was the worst so far but I am 4 weeks today but still feel roten!I hope I can start feeling better soon i was doing better on week 2 than I am now! ok I am better now I am through having my nightly pitty party.thaks for listening.
Unread 11-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Hi everyone! Well my computer decided to take a dump, it's fixed now. Yay! How has everyone been feeling? JoEllen how are you doing? I've been dying to get online and ask you all how you were.. I'm doing pretty good, insomnia is still with me, and the swollen belly. I don't do any housework yet, oh darn, ha ha! Other than dishes and make dinner. My three girls have been so helpful. I still can't sleep on my stomach, I tried the other night, but it felt like I was going to tear my incision open, bad idea... I sleep on my side okay. I just got over the stomach flu, that was passed on down to me from the girls and we all one by one went through it. Let me tell you, it was awful throwing up all day long. And the body aches, and not to mention the diarrhea that followed the vomiting. What a horrible thing to happen when you are already down and out. I'm much better today, but still haven't had a real meal since the day before Thanksgiving. We didnt' even celebrate it this year, we were all sick and sleeping. So, I will have a nice dinner sometime soon to make up for it. I was actually able to get on a pair of my levis today, it felt good, but the pressure got to me after a while, so on with my pajamas, lol. Well, I hope you are are healing nicely, and things are getting better for you. JoEllen, I have thought of you and worried about you walking your dog and hurting yourself.. Everyone have a nice night, and be well.
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:54 AM

Vicki!!!! How wonderful to hear from you, I think of you so often, wondered how you were. I figured since we hadn't heard from you that maybe you've had a phenomenal recovery. Ughhh, the flu. That's really awful! I guess I won't complain so much that I got that cold bug for 2 weeks ... as hard as that was, it most certainly was not as bad as throwing up. So sorry you had to go through that

I'm doing okay, Vicki. Having quite a bit of pain on my left side, still. It's been there since I walked my dog. I think I should not walk my dog, eh? I was able to sleep through the night though so I'm happy about that!

I'm going shopping tonight. I need to spend some time at the office this week and I am NOT wearing dress clothes OR jeans. Just can't go there yet. No dress code for me LOL I'm just going to pick up some sweats. Getting back into the work scene is hard enough, I'm at least going to be comfortable.

Good to hear from you Vicki !! Don't be a stranger here. We still have a ways to go before we're totally back in swing.

Unread 11-27-2007, 07:16 AM

I totally understand the clothing thing. I've been wondering about what to wear to work. I think I have one pair of pants that would work. I tried on a skirt and it was OK, but being winter I might have to wear hose. Oh my, sweats my be my work attire. I have just over 2 weeks before work.

Fortunately, I will probably return to work 1/2 days for a week or so and then be off for the holidays. I work at a university.

I'm trying to get out some, preparing for the real world again. It's not easy, though. I feel much stronger, mentally.
Unread 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes. I will be at week 4 tomorrow and today I am extreamly sore around the area that my drain was. It is hard and a little red around the area. Hurts when I am sitting or walking. I am hoping I am not getting an infection this far out. I have been coughing a lot and hope that is the reason for hurting.

I was expecting to return to work next week, but I am in no shape to do that yet. My DH says, I need to give it more time. He has been extremely supportive.

Everyone take all opportunities to rest!!!!

IMCRAZEE
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:08 PM

hi IMCRAZEE, We had surgery the same day. I can't imagine going back to work in 2 weeks. My post op appt is Dec 11. We shall see. My doc said that I'm healing well. If I were going to work today, I definitely could not wear work clothes.

Sorry about your pain and the need for the drains. My skin still feels weird. I don't know whether it's a pain or what really. Most of my discomfort seems to be where my right ovary was located or maybe it's below that area.

Rest - you are so right.
Unread 11-27-2007, 02:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that many in our group are still having a lot of pain. I've been doing pretty well on that front. I have pain low in my abdomen (a dull ache mostly), and the Ibuprofen does a pretty good job of controlling it. Well, I know it's there but it doesn't stop me from lying down, walking, etc. Not that I can walk very fast!

As for clothes, skirts have been okay with tights and also dress pants. Jeans are really uncomfortable. I think it's because they fit tighter "down there" and also there's more material in the crotch. Major ouchie. I figure if they make me go to the office, I will wear sweatpants, even though I have some nicer pants that would work. Perhaps then people will understand that I am still healing.

Unread 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM

i wore jeans for thanksgiving dinner and really regretted it. But I have worn tights and pantyhose, and even though they hold things tighter, my side doesn't ache as fast or as bad when I walk. Probably less jiggling...

I put in almost a full day's worth of work today. Not too bad. My job recquires like 60-80% travel normally, and I work exclusively from home when I am not on the road (which I won't be until after the new year). Pretty tired, but other than that its ok. I don't have a "desk" so to speak, so I am sitting in a fairly comfotable position
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM

[quote=SummerSurfer]i wore jeans for thanksgiving dinner and really regretted it. But I have worn tights and pantyhose, and even though they hold things tighter, my side doesn't ache as fast or as bad when I walk. Probably less jiggling...

I wore pantyhose for thanksgiving dinner and a skirt by the time I got home my belly was so sore, I guess because it held everything in place. I've been in sweat pants and the velour outfits when I see the dr.
My belly is still very tender to the touch of anything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register