Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Yeah, I know the tender to the touch thing. I may need to go buy another velour like outfit for wearing to work during December.

I can't begin to imagine being close to anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM

You know I had another silver nitrate treatment and it leaves me bruised and even more sensitive to the touch.
I drove today and I was doing good..........until I had to make a sudden movement then I was in pain. But I am feeling a lot better now.
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
4 weeks - feeling GREAT!

Its been 4 weeks now - It seems like 4 years! The swelling is noticably less, the scar is healing nicely, and I am feeling mostly great.

I am still having some issues with a bladder that is painful when nearly empty. My doctor said it could be because the bladder no longer has anything supporting it and the muscles need to adjust to this new "unsupported" condition. Does anyone know how the bladder emptying process works? Is it a contraction or a relaxing process?

I still get tired easily and find myself sleeping late each morning. But I am able to drive and have been getting out for about two hours each day to do a little clothes shopping (retail therapy!) and light grocery shopping. I have been able to take laundry to the cleaners (requires multiple trips between the laundry basket and the car to keep the weight limit < 10 lbs...) but it is satisfying to be doing something of value again! I was able to cook a small turkey for Thanksgiving (the gormet grocery supplied all the other fixings - ready made and ready to heat/eat).

I have lost 5 pounds, am sleeping well each night and am no longer having wierd (narcotics induced) dreams. I am completely off the strong pain meds and am only taking Ibuprofen for swelling and the mild ache I still feel in my tummy. The backaches bother me more than the soreness in my tummy.

I've started using vitamin E on the scar and am enjoying taking long hot showers by myself now!. I can climb stairs without pain, can lift my legs to put on pants or dress myself without difficult too!

My two golden retrievers have begun to expect daily rides in the car with me - they like me being home all day! I must admit, if this is what retirement is like - I'm looking forward to retirement! I can't wait until I can walk them again! I really wish I could lift more than 10 lbs!

All in all, after seeing the ugly mass of tumors that was once my healthy uterus....I am GLAD I got this diseased thing taken out! It was the size of a volleyball, had endometral absesses within the walls and was just a ticking timebomb waiting to make me really sick. I am lucky I have a great surgeon who insisted I get this thing taken out this year. She is wonderful!

I am taking HRT and I have not had a single hotflash! If I am going to experience hotflashes - when will these most likely appear?

I feel great and am so happy this is over. Now I am concentrating on not doing too much. So for the next two weeks it more reading, retail therapy , hand crafts, and jigsaw puzzles. Tomorrow I am going to bake some dog biscuts for my pups.

Cheers to all my healing sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 04:52 AM

I am going on my 4th week and feel pretty good.......I get really tired by 7 pm and pretty much go to bed then.....my joints hurt and my belly is swollen probably due to no exercise.......I have been walking the dog daily....no stretching or anything strenuous....have been back to work for 2 weeks.......I am starting to get the hot flashes....not liking that.....I go to my post op tomorrow....
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM

I've been traveling for work and am so ready to be home tonight! Haven't had time to read all your posts, but will when I get back.

I wanted everyone to know I'm thinking about you all and hoping your recoveries are going well.

Karen
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
sore seater

Hi, I have a sore seater. It's not too bad, but just kind of irritating. I feel like I've been on a bike ride. I"m not as sore as when I took my one and only spinning class, but it's the same location.

In the past I had a sore, sore tail bone and don't want that to start up again. I wonder if too much sitting is causing this.

I've put a tail bone cushion in my computer chair. I get up and move around often, then I walk.
Unread 11-29-2007, 02:54 AM

I am officially at week four now. I feel pretty good. My stomach is still swollen, I'm starting to get scared that this is never going to go away. I still have insomnia, really bad! I never took any pain meds from the start, just the first day of my surgery then that was it. I'm wondering if maybe I should have, that might have helped me sleep, who knows? I've kept my ovaries, but yet I feel very emotional, is that normal? I just can't wait to be back to my normal self again. I hope everyone is doing well. JoEllen, how are you feeling?

Take care, be well, and heal quickly!
Vicki
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Well things got worse yesterday. Went to see gyn due to pain and knot in the middle of my incision. He called a wound surgeon asap. Had CT scan with dye, ended up admitted to hospital for surgery to open up my incision. Turns out I had a hymetoma and they had to drain it. I am home now and have another drain which is draining blood. I will go back tomorrow to have this checked and possibly removed. Doctor said this is very unusual 4 weeks after surgery. He also said this might have burst if I had not come in when I did.

So girls don't ignore things that are bothering you call the doctor with anything you question. I'm glad I did, although I am still in pain due to being opened back up.

Boy I sound misserable, but I guess if any ladies understant it would be the ladies on this site.

DH home with me again. Thank GOD I have such a wonderful one!!!

IMCRAZEE
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcrazee
Well things got worse yesterday. Went to see gyn due to pain and knot in the middle of my incision. He called a wound surgeon asap. Had CT scan with dye, ended up admitted to hospital for surgery to open up my incision. Turns out I had a hymetoma and they had to drain it. I am home now and have another drain which is draining blood. I will go back tomorrow to have this checked and possibly removed. Doctor said this is very unusual 4 weeks after surgery. He also said this might have burst if I had not come in when I did.

So girls don't ignore things that are bothering you call the doctor with anything you question. I'm glad I did, although I am still in pain due to being opened back up.

Boy I sound misserable, but I guess if any ladies understant it would be the ladies on this site.

DH home with me again. Thank GOD I have such a wonderful one!!!

IMCRAZEE
IMCRAZEE,

Glad you saw doctor. Sorry about the setback, but thank goodness they caught it before it became a bigger problem.

Take care of yourself.
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM

Wow, imcrazee, I'm so glad they caught that problem and helped you with it. I'm sure the last thing you wanted was more surgery, but it's for the best, right? I hope the recovery is not too bad.

Vicki, I've been very emotional too, but mostly on the irritable/grumpy side. Haven't been very weepy. Don't know if it is hormonal or just lack of exercise.

Yesterday I had more pain than usual too. Not sure if it was due to some laundry that I did, or because I went for a walk. I'm staying away from laundry today but I will do another (shorter) walk to see how that works out. Yesterday was 30 minutes but that was probably too much.

- Lysippe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register