Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Seems our time for Pampering the Princess is coming to a close.

I grieve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEllen49
Seems our time for Pampering the Princess is coming to a close.

I grieve

I have been feeling crapy all weekend long. I was able to go to DS basketball game and to dinner afterwards but I was in pain most of the time.
Like I mentioned in other post,I had fluid build near the incision and it oozed, I went to the dr. and he made a small cut to drain it. Well I see him about every 3-5 days, and he gives me the "silver nitrate" treatment and it just burns and hurts so much, he gave me the 3rd. one on Friday and it's Monday today and it still hurts. Other than that I would be ok. I'm driving, however I'm not cleaning or cooking yet. I hope this clears up soon.
I hope everyone else is doing good.
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM

princess G -- hey, driving is a big deal! I drove for the first time today. My pillow wouldn't fit under the steering wheel. I'll work on something else. My next step will be driving my 5 speed. I had no idea that driving my 5 speed would cause me distress when I bought it in July.

Cooking -- well, I can cook a fried egg, yeah! I made some simple soup with left-overs over the weekend. Part of my cooking is getting "stuff" out. I'm so short that reaching is always a problem, but more so, now.

I was limited with lifting before surgery, due to my prolapsed uterus and low back issues. I am hopeful that I will be easing back into "normal" soon.

For now, I need help decorating my Christmas tree. All in good time ... my family will be doing the heavy parts.

Part of my easing back seems to be getting used to fast time. Right now, I feel on slow time while everyone else is on fast time.

happy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM

That made me laugh, lovetowalk! Fast time/ slow time! I used to be on double fast time!!! What a difference now! I am certainly slow time, but am noticing the moving is coming along, naturally. I actually sort of ran down the steps the other day when the phone rang--didn't even think about it until afterwards! I am certainly able to move much better--sitting up, bending, putting pants on, reaching--with each passing week. I feel it's coming along nicely. But I am also well aware of my limitations and am not doing things beyond the ten-pound limit, or stretching, etc.

I feel good other than the tiredness that naturally comes after being up and at it for awhile. I'm really not feeling too limited. Am doing laundry (not lifting), light housecleaning, dishes, and also the easy/fun stuff like computer games, movies, books, etc!!

When doctor opened me up, she said it was not a pretty sight. My ovary and tube were all twisted around each other, I had a large cyst on top of my uterus she didn't even know was there, and there was basic degeneration of those organs. My gall bladder was enlarged, so I have to have an ultra sound on that on Wednesday. I am not even sure what this organ does--I'll have to study up on this, on-line! I sure hope it's in good working order--I DO NOT want to be going through any additional surgery. Hopefully this is the first, last, and only time I will need to go under the knife!

Hope all you sisters are doing GREAT! Keep plugging along . . . !!
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Hey lovetowalk, It's not easy going from fast to real slow time. I know it feels real bad specially in the season when we need to be moving at 100 mph.
I'm real glad your upto cooking. I totally relate on being short, I my self am 4'11 so reaching is always a problem.
good luck with decorating.
Hope you don't hurt much when driving.
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:25 PM

yeah - I'm vertically challenged. Cooking is limited, though.

I haven't been off work this long for a long time. I'm on an 11 month contract so i'm off 4 weeks during the summer which is great. I haven't been off for 6 weeks since my DD was born, almost 18 years ago.

Now, I'd love to have off 6 weeks without restrictions.
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
whoa - extreme pain for a moment

hi, I was just getting up to walk some and boom, I almost went down to the floor. I got an unbearable low level pain in both sides, maybe where my ovaries used to be.

The pain was somewhere between a real intense monthly cramp and an extreme need to go poopy or both, maybe a spasm. I don't think I had pain that intense, right after surgery or even ever.

Thankfully, it didn't last long. I got to my recliner, but didn't want to lie down, in case I had to go to the bathroom real fast. Now I feel sort of like a slight hot flash.

Whew! What just happened?

thanks.
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
6 weeks Post Op

Returned to work today. I was able to stay for 8 hours. Wasn't too bad. I am tired and a bit sore in the incision area, but am thrilled to be back. I will try to stay up until 10:00pm, but think it will be more like 8:00pm. Right now, I am grateful for my continued recovery and my return to work.

Unread 12-03-2007, 07:39 PM

way to go, m.eo
Unread 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
slowly but surely

Glad to see everyone is coming along! I too am coming along, although find myself disappointed. I'm at five weeks today, and still have to take ibuprofen at least once a day because of aching discomfort. I can walk a little faster, but not my super-fast pace I know and love. I still park as close as possible when I go somewhere.

I started working four hours per day last week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and very quickly my plans to work six hours a day this week came to a screeching halt. The four hours a day last week was very difficult, so I'm still doing four hours this week. My sitting tolerance isn't what I had hoped it would be by now, but it really is a lot better.

I had a four-week postop check and my doc did an internal exam. It didn't bother me other than make me really nervous, until about three hours later, when I was in so much pain, I almost had to take a Percocet! I held out and took 800 mg of ibuprofen and an hour and a half after laying down with my ibuprofen, I was able to get it calmed down.

I guess I thought by now I would be having no more aching and just be tired, but truthfully I did have a lot of work done, and from what I have been reading and asking my doc, everything is as it should be. I'm definitely learning patience through this whole ordeal, and I'm not a very patient person! I do realize things could be worse - I guess today I just find myself a little disappointed, but resolving myself to the fact that I just have to be patient and still be slowed down.

I find there is a fine line between doing some things and doing too much - and I don't seem to find the line until I've crossed it!

I hope I don't sound like a complainer - just feeling a little blue today-

Sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register